California People, Please explain the New Gun Laws there. - Ford Bronco Forum
 33Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 24 (permalink) Old 01-02-2017, 08:11 PM Thread Starter
FSM Lifetime

Bronco Info: 92 Factory Original 300 I6 M5OD Manual Custom. 3 seats, AC and a radio and all vinyl interior.
California People, Please explain the New Gun Laws there.

I'm having a lot of trouble getting my head around these new Gun Laws that are coming into play in California.

It's not just the laws, but it;s the fact that the collective people of California have allowed them to be put into effect. Is there really that much of a majority of thought in that State who believe that laws like this are going to accomplish anything effective? Not to mention how they have effectively criminalized many of the citizens there for owning items that are legal(to one degree or another) in 49 other states.

What happened? Is there any effective efforts going on right now to overturn these laws?

JTMcD.
We sleep Peaceful in our beds because Rough Men stand ready in the night to visit violence upon those who would do us harm............George Orwell
The object of life's journey is not to arrive at the grave safely in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out, shouting, 'Holy Shit, What a Ride!!! -- Mavis Leyrer

MY A/C Vacuum leak repair http://www.fullsizebronco.com/forum/23-technical-write-ups/175808-how-i-fixed-my-c-vac-leak.html
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 24 (permalink) Old 01-03-2017, 11:04 AM
Bronco Snob

Bronco Info: 1992 XLT 351W • E4OD • 4" lift • TRE flip • 130 amp 3G Alt • Saginaw P.S.• BFG MT KM2 315 75 16
Garage
Seems about par for the course from a state that grants illegal immigrants voter i.d. by way of drivers licenses, regulates cow farts (sb1383), and bans police from charging minors under 18 for prostitution (sb1322).
California: One great big festering neon distraction.
JScatt and AussieF100 like this.

A society that puts equality before freedom will get neither. A society that puts freedom before equality will get a higher degree of both. - Milton Friedman -
post #3 of 24 (permalink) Old 01-03-2017, 11:09 AM

Bronco Info: 96 M5OD 5.0 XL all stock 221xxx manual everything
ANY conservative or pro gun voice is ABSOLUTELY buried by the liberal majority of the state.
AussieF100 likes this.

Do NOT tread on me.
'73 f250 401FE in the works np435/205~~~~~ 96FSB, 302, 5spd, manual BW1356/hubs
post #4 of 24 (permalink) Old 01-05-2017, 01:37 PM
Fullsize Member

Bronco Info: 1995 XLT 351W, 2.5 R/C Lift,4.10's, Rancho Extended R/As, 33's, Punisher Valve Body
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mountain dewd View Post
ANY conservative or pro gun voice is ABSOLUTELY buried by the liberal majority of the state.
Yup, exactly this^^^.

No bum that can't speak poifect English oughta stay in this country...oughta be de-exported the hell outta here!"

-Archie Bunker

bron·co/ˈbräNGkō/
Noun:
A wild or half-tamed horse, esp. of the western US.
post #5 of 24 (permalink) Old 01-05-2017, 01:42 PM
Fullsize Member

Bronco Info: 1995 XLT 351W, 2.5 R/C Lift,4.10's, Rancho Extended R/As, 33's, Punisher Valve Body
Quote:
Originally Posted by RicoBronco View Post
Seems about par for the course from a state that grants illegal immigrants voter i.d. by way of drivers licenses, regulates cow farts (sb1383), and bans police from charging minors under 18 for prostitution (sb1322).
WA, OR, CO not far behind

No bum that can't speak poifect English oughta stay in this country...oughta be de-exported the hell outta here!"

-Archie Bunker

bron·co/ˈbräNGkō/
Noun:
A wild or half-tamed horse, esp. of the western US.
post #6 of 24 (permalink) Old 01-05-2017, 02:25 PM
Busy Plowing...

Bronco Info: '95 XLT, 5.8/E4OD/MassAir/6" lift/4.56's/35x12.5 BFG AT-KO2 or 33x12.5 GYW Duratrac
Garage
It's true.
JScatt likes this.

"When life throws you a curve... LEAN INTO IT!"

SuperMotors - Since 2002
post #7 of 24 (permalink) Old 01-05-2017, 08:07 PM Thread Starter
FSM Lifetime

Bronco Info: 92 Factory Original 300 I6 M5OD Manual Custom. 3 seats, AC and a radio and all vinyl interior.
I just can't wrap my head around the ideas that are coming out of California, especially these days.

This past election cycle really opened my eyes to just how crowded that State really is. So much so that, if the individual votes were counted, the election result would have been reversed. But, my fear is the typical trend of: As Does California, So Goes the Nation.

JTMcD.
We sleep Peaceful in our beds because Rough Men stand ready in the night to visit violence upon those who would do us harm............George Orwell
The object of life's journey is not to arrive at the grave safely in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out, shouting, 'Holy Shit, What a Ride!!! -- Mavis Leyrer

MY A/C Vacuum leak repair http://www.fullsizebronco.com/forum/showthread.php?t=175808
post #8 of 24 (permalink) Old 01-05-2017, 11:56 PM
Ready 4 a Mid-Life Crisis

Bronco Info: '94 Bronco, rebuilt E4OD (To PS specs), 33" BFGs.
Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnMcD348 View Post
I just can't wrap my head around the ideas that are coming out of California, especially these days.

This past election cycle really opened my eyes to just how crowded that State really is. So much so that, if the individual votes were counted, the election result would have been reversed. But, my fear is the typical trend of: As Does California, So Goes the Nation.
You bring up an excellent point.

California's affect on this last general election is a supreme example on why we have an electoral college.

Up until California checked in, Trump was leading the popular vote (By 1.1 million votes) as well as the electoral college votes. California checks in, BAM!, Hillary instantly takes over the popular vote. Luckily, however, she couldn't gain enough electoral college votes to win the election.

If we only had a popular vote election, Hillary would have won and at least 39 states would have been disenfranchised because 50% of our entire population lives in just 10 cities (States) that are ruled by leftist anti-American liberals.

With the electoral college, candidates running for the presidency has to campaign in nearly all of the states, thereby, giving said states a voice in who gets elected president. There are some exceptions, though: Liberal candidates don't bother campaigning in ID, WY, and UT because they are the 3 most conservative states.

Our Founding Fathers were such profound visionaries, with their ideas standing the test of time; 241 years to be exact! The electoral college is just one such example.

μολὼν λαβέ
post #9 of 24 (permalink) Old 01-07-2017, 10:53 AM
omp

Bronco Info: 96 302, 5spd, 4" lift home made with custom deavers coils, hefty shackle flip
When will CA follow NY and only allow 7 rounds or mandatory registration if you have more than 7 rounds?
I grew up in CA and was glad to leave, but now the nuts have all moved into CO.

Do you still have to get a certification to purchase a pistol in CA?

I recall I had to actually take a 10 question quiz, was assigned an ID by my local dealer to make my first purchase. This is of course because I wanted to follow the LAW and not from the trunk of joe blow!

Does CA have a stand your ground directive for home owners?

Sorry I'm curious as well as to whats changed in the last 20 years.
CDA 455 likes this.

96 5.0 with gt40p, 210k miles
Explorer intake with functional OBD2, no AC and HD radiator
Fms headers, magnaflow stainless down pipe and cats, 2 1\4" tail pipe. 33" duratrac on stock wheels, 4:56 sportsman gears with truetracs front and rear. Custom bumper with recievers for 8274 warn.
post #10 of 24 (permalink) Old 01-07-2017, 06:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by omp View Post
When will CA follow NY and only allow 7 rounds or mandatory registration if you have more than 7 rounds?
I grew up in CA and was glad to leave, but now the nuts have all moved into CO.

Do you still have to get a certification to purchase a pistol in CA?

I recall I had to actually take a 10 question quiz, was assigned an ID by my local dealer to make my first purchase. This is of course because I wanted to follow the LAW and not from the trunk of joe blow!

Does CA have a stand your ground directive for home owners?

Sorry I'm curious as well as to whats changed in the last 20 years.
Same here.

I grew up in San Diego-1975 to 1999.

Moved to an open-carry state (ID) and couldn't have been more happier leaving the rat-race behind.

Up here; You can walk in to a Cabela's and buy a double drum magazine for many of your weapons :

Is it a coincidence we don't have rioting of violent demonstration problems up here ?

μολὼν λαβέ
post #11 of 24 (permalink) Old 01-07-2017, 09:29 PM
Driving Stuff Henry Built

Bronco Info: -90 xlt, 351w, e4od, man 1356, 3.55, sag, warn hubs, 35" bfg m/t. --73, 400, np435, d20j twin, 35s
Quote:
Originally Posted by RicoBronco View Post
I found this while looking up something related to missing voter registrations in my family. The state defends against illegal voter registration when issuing driver's licenses with a written statement that tells them they are not allowed to do it. California should be sued by the rest of the US for its loose voter registration practices.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnMcD348 View Post

I keep hearing this. But that was not the race that was being run. If it was a race for the popular vote, candidates would run differently. The popular vote might have been different if candidates & voters knew ahead of time that the race would be won by popular vote. It is sort of like saying that someone who didn't win the marathon actually won the 100 meter dash that began it. It doesn't really count if it isn't the race everyone else is running. Other runners would run the 100 meters differently if it mattered.

Republicans haven't heavily campaigned in CA since Reagan. Many Republican voters feel that their vote is wasted here, since the electoral college votes will not include their influence. Their turnout might be higher if they thought it made a difference. Currently all electoral votes counted from CA will be for the Democrat. If a Republican campaigned in CA it might be different in the popular vote, but why should they? At this point it is a waste of resources to campaign here. Without actually running a race decided by popular vote I don't think we'll ever really know.

As for the gun laws, we are a stupid bunch. The majority believes that if you tell bad guys they can't use their guns, they will stop shooting the nice people. Most shootings stop when a good guy with a gun stops the bad guy with a gun. California continues to reduce the number of good guys with guns.
BikerPepe` and CDA 455 like this.

Baba Looey's Favorite FSB Links........................Common Replies to FAQs

“Don't find fault, find a remedy.” -Henry Ford
post #12 of 24 (permalink) Old 01-08-2017, 01:40 AM
Busy Plowing...

Bronco Info: '95 XLT, 5.8/E4OD/MassAir/6" lift/4.56's/35x12.5 BFG AT-KO2 or 33x12.5 GYW Duratrac
Garage
well... at least we know whatever's wrong down there, it's not in the water...

...'cause you guys don't have any! * ba-da ching! * man, I crack me up.

Seriously though... it took me a long time to really understand and appreciate the electoral vote. Living in WA I used to be similarly frustrated, having my vote gobbled up like so much wasted effort when it weighed nothing against the 2 massive liberal counties in the Seattle area that run our entire state. On the state level... it's very frustrating. There has been talk about WA splitting into the state of WA (W.) and the state of "Liberty" (E.) for many years now because of it. Damn shame it will never happen... but I'd be much happier here if it could. Anyway... voting years like this last one and a few others in the past really bring home the wisdom and importance behind the electoral system.

When I was living in Sandpoint, Idaho, back in the winter of 1996, we went through one of the worst "Ice Storms" we've seen in a generation up here. Snow on the ground for 6 months straight and piled so high between lanes on the road, you couldn't see trucks on the other side. That winter, we used to say... "If you listen real closely in the dead of the night... you can hear the Californians packing up and leaving town." Too bad they came right back, with a vengeance.
AussieF100 and CDA 455 like this.

SuperMotors - Since 2002
post #13 of 24 (permalink) Old 01-08-2017, 06:39 PM
FSM Lifetime

Bronco Info: 1978 Round headlight, 351M,C6, 9", 44/1991, 445 FE, t19, 205, Dana 60/70, MAF, Moet's
Garage
Can anybody truly explain WTF is going on in California ??? I spent a year there and still I don't get it???
post #14 of 24 (permalink) Old 01-08-2017, 07:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 445 FE Bronco View Post
Can anybody truly explain WTF is going on in California ??? I spent a year there and still I don't get it???
Dude; Read my lips:

Progressive liberalism. Period. Paragraph. /

They hate our country.

They hate white people (Even the frickin' white liberals!!).

They think our country is the cause of ALL global problems.

The feminists hate men. Particularly white men.

And who is their Messiah? Saul Alinsky <----That's really the answer to your question.

The 'bible' he wrote for said progressives? Rules for radicals.<----That is their playbook; from A to Z.
RicoBronco and 445 FE Bronco like this.

μολὼν λαβέ
post #15 of 24 (permalink) Old 01-08-2017, 09:52 PM

Bronco Info: (4)78/79 Bronco, 1979 F150 Supercab 4x4, 1977 F250 Highboy
As much as I don't want to see it, this country needs a good apocalyptic occurrence such as a massive power grid failure, particularly on the Southern West Coast. That would eliminate a large share of the problem liberals there because they would just lie down and die waiting for someone to come and help them. They are wimpy helpless turds that need to be flushed. They are same ones that think rules of engagement apply to both sides during a war.
Swamp
445 FE Bronco and CDA 455 like this.
post #16 of 24 (permalink) Old 01-09-2017, 02:12 AM
Busy Plowing...

Garage
NO! NO! NO!

They'd all migrate right up here! Hell, I think 1/4 of them already have.
Weber, 445 FE Bronco and CDA 455 like this.

SuperMotors - Since 2002
post #17 of 24 (permalink) Old 01-09-2017, 08:12 PM

Bronco Info: (4)78/79 Bronco, 1979 F150 Supercab 4x4, 1977 F250 Highboy
Pepe' you'd be safe. No problem. No power, no fuel pumps working. Most of 'em would be dead long before they could walk half way to you.
That and most of them would head South back towards their real home where it's warmer than by you.
Swamp
BikerPepe` and 445 FE Bronco like this.
post #18 of 24 (permalink) Old 01-09-2017, 09:18 PM
Busy Plowing...

Garage
that reminds me... I need to make my faraday box with all the '95 FSB goodies, ready to go.
White Dragon likes this.

SuperMotors - Since 2002
post #19 of 24 (permalink) Old 01-09-2017, 09:36 PM
FSM Lifetime

Bronco Info: 1978 Round headlight, 351M,C6, 9", 44/1991, 445 FE, t19, 205, Dana 60/70, MAF, Moet's
Garage
No worries Pepe they won't make it past me, I like nice tender lamb meat on the BBQ LOL. Gyros anybody?
BikerPepe` likes this.
post #20 of 24 (permalink) Old 01-09-2017, 09:47 PM
Busy Plowing...

Garage
be careful man. If I ate anything that ate all the health food crap, it would make me sick... well, sick-er.

SuperMotors - Since 2002

Ford Bronco Forum > Other Forums > Anything Else > News, Politics and Special Interest

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Bronco Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. DO NOT USE Gmail.com accounts. If you only have a Gmail.com email please contact the administrator here

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode