Ford Bronco will ride again, says CEO Mark Fields at Detroit auto show - Page 4 - Ford Bronco Forum
 63Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #61 of 96 (permalink) Old 01-12-2017, 01:20 AM
Govt. paid Admin.

Bronco Info: '95 XLT, 5.8/E4OD/MassAir/6" lift/4.56's/35x12.5 BFG AT-KO2 or 33x12.5 GYW Duratrac
Garage
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by CDA 455 View Post
Untwist your delicate panties, snowflake .

[COLOR="rgb(65, 105, 225)"]SnowFlake my Ass, I think Purist fits Better, I've Owned Nothing But Fords since 1975 when i gots my 1st Drivers License...[/COLOR]

Those were examples of MODERN designs. Capisce?

[COLOR="rgb(65, 105, 225)"]Oh, Retro right? mmmhmmm[/COLOR]

And to play devil's advocate:
"Why not just use "Tried & True" FORD Technology..."; Like the TTB and all it's glory???

[COLOR="rgb(65, 105, 225)"][COLOR="rgb(65, 105, 225)"]Solid Axles came 1st & Still work Best, So what i Still have the TTB on my rig, You wanna but me one? How about from an F-350 (Both F/R). "Pretty Please"
[/COLOR][/COLOR]

Here's a bit of industry cliche: Copying (A design) is the sincerest form of flattery.

[COLOR="rgb(65, 105, 225)"]Might be, but I personally do NOT want a Jeep or Toyota for that matter[/COLOR]

History lesson on Ford copying successful designs:
My favorite race cars of all time are Ford's historical mid-'60s race cars, the GT 40/MK II/MK VI, was a direct design copy of a Lola race car. Furthermore; The Shelby Cobra and Daytona Cobra Coupe that were raced under Ford factory sponsorship were a collection of British designs (As well as Ford parts) put together to make race cars for specific race classes.

[COLOR="rgb(65, 105, 225)"]True Enough Some "Real Classic Race Cars" there, does Mr. Shelby know your sayin this?[/COLOR]

There's nothing wrong with copying a good/sound design.
[COLOR="rgb(65, 105, 225)"]I might not disagree too much with this, but hey Our Rigs Don't say Toyota on them.
Built Ford Tough in the U.S.A.[/COLOR]

There, Panties "Unwadded"
I am sorry White Dragon, but your code-fu is weak. you must give pebble back, grasshopper!
JohnMcD348 and White Dragon like this.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #62 of 96 (permalink) Old 01-12-2017, 02:12 AM
FSM Lifetime

Bronco Info: 1995 5.8 &1993 5.8 both sold, all the way back with a 94
I could see going for one of these if they were under 25k, but I kind of doubt it. I will keep my plans to get another full size when funds allow. Long term goal is to have a 79 and something like a 95/96. I'd rather have two old broncs then a new truck.
post #63 of 96 (permalink) Old 01-12-2017, 02:18 AM
FSM Lifetime

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bronco Fan78 View Post
Funny. My wife and I were just discussing possibly trading her 4Runner for a TRDPro version. Now it looks like we will have 3 years to save up, keep the miles on her current 4Runner as low as possible in order to keep the trade value as high as possible, and buy a new Bronco!
My brother in law just bought one of those, had to order it from Japan and got no deal. It was over 50k. He let me drive it, pretty damn nice SUV as far as comfort and firm ride goes. Ford would have to knock it out of the park to beat that suv.
post #64 of 96 (permalink) Old 01-12-2017, 04:33 AM

Bronco Info: 1995 eddie bauer 5.0 stock 300k
Garage
I saw a picture a while ago of a bronco, I guess when they first had the idea of bringing it back. It had the body style of the early 2000's F-250s, and it looked boss to me. Unfortunately i would never be able to forgive myself if I spent more than $10,000 on a vehicle. So, in twenty years I'll be able to buy everyone's old 2018 bronco.

"insert funny/catchy phrase here."
post #65 of 96 (permalink) Old 01-12-2017, 07:17 AM

Bronco Info: 84 F100 Shortbed, 351C, AOD, 4WD.
If it's NOT based off the Raptor, it's NOT a Bronco. Full size, or go home.
CrazyBRONCOguy likes this.

Certainly there is no hunting like the hunting of man and those who have hunted armed men long enough and liked it, never really care for anything else thereafter. You will meet them doing various things with resolve, but their interest rarely holds because after the other thing ordinary life is as flat as the taste of wine when the taste buds have been burned off your tongue - Ernest Hemingway.
post #66 of 96 (permalink) Old 01-12-2017, 08:04 AM
---------------------

Bronco Info: See Signature
Quote:
Originally Posted by BurlyQ View Post
I could see going for one of these if they were under 25k, but I kind of doubt it. I will keep my plans to get another full size when funds allow. Long term goal is to have a 79 and something like a 95/96. I'd rather have two old broncs then a new truck.
Agree with this, I expect it to be 35k+ and the issue I have with that, if it is priced as such or more, is that for a few thousand more you can get a SuperDuty that can actually do work.
mule42 likes this.

The Street Queen: '92 Eddie Bauer- C6 Swap, Roller 357W 400hp/400ft-lbs, SCT Tuned, 4" Lift, 4.10's,
Go Fastish Build: '78 Custom- 4" Deaver Lift, Mild 460, Full Cage, 4.10's
Build Thread http://www.fullsizebronco.com/forum/...8-project.html
post #67 of 96 (permalink) Old 01-12-2017, 10:17 AM
i just made a poopy

Bronco Info: 94 body on a 96 f250 turbo-D
I don't believe some crap posted by an "expert" on Reddit. I mean, it's freaking Reddit.

But hell, I'll bite. Make a 4 door only Bronco. I dare ya. I won't waste a penny on it. Last I checked, that was called an explorer, but hey, what do I know.

i don't really have a signature
post #68 of 96 (permalink) Old 01-12-2017, 11:25 AM

Bronco Info: 1979 Custom 351m
Garage
Yeah, not that excited. But if you had a lot of cash to burn, maybe you could buy the new one remove the body (since it's supposed to be body on frame) and throw an classic body on it! Who knows.

1979 Bronco Custom stock 351m, 33x10.5 BFG tires, Monstaliner paint job, work in progress!
Rusty Custom Build
post #69 of 96 (permalink) Old 01-12-2017, 11:40 AM

Garage
I don't see the point of Ford releasing yet another 4 door "Mom SUV". We just have to wait and see what happens!

Sent from my SM-G928V using Tapatalk
CDA 455 likes this.

1990 Bronco Eddie Bauer 5.0L, AOD

1959 Ford Ranch Wagon with a 460/C6
Lowered 3 inches, Mexican blanket interior, and just the right amount of patina.
post #70 of 96 (permalink) Old 01-12-2017, 11:49 AM

Bronco Info: 78 Bronco 400/C6/NP205, 9" rear, Dana 44 front
Quote:
My brother in law just bought one of those, had to order it from Japan and got no deal. It was over 50k. He let me drive it, pretty damn nice SUV as far as comfort and firm ride goes. Ford would have to knock it out of the park to beat that suv.
Yeah. I just got a new '16 4Runner Trail Edition. The TRD Pro is based off the Trail. I put a Toytec 3" lift, new upper control arms (for alignment spec) 285/70/17 BFG's (33's) and 17x8.5 Method wheels (factory wheels only 7" wide, too skinny).

It's rock solid reliable, has one the best resale values of any vehicle, rugged looks, and the Trail comes with a true transfer case lever, a factory rear e-locker, A-trac (acts like something between an LSD and a locker for the front diff, call it 3.5WD when the locker and a-trac are on), plus crawl controls for climbing and descending, should I choose to use them or my wife wants to off road.

Sticker was $40k and change. I got it for $38,200 + ttl. That's a pretty decent deal for a Trail in CO as they don't deal much on them.

All this to say I have a very proven, extremely capable, body on frame, mid-size 4 door, 4wd SUV. Ford would have to do something pretty amazing with the new Bronco to steer me away.
BurlyQ and deathmobile2 like this.
post #71 of 96 (permalink) Old 01-12-2017, 02:41 PM
Ready 4 a Mid-Life Crisis

Bronco Info: Stock '94 Bronco except for 33" BFGs.
Quote:
Originally Posted by 59Ford View Post
I don't see the point of Ford releasing yet another 4 door "Mom SUV". We just have to wait and see what happens!

Sent from my SM-G928V using Tapatalk
Good point.

Unless they plan to retire a current SUV model line.

μολὼν λαβέ
post #72 of 96 (permalink) Old 01-12-2017, 03:04 PM
FSM Lifetime

I don't know what it is, maybe my life style maybe the lovely short wheel base and all it has to offer, but for me it is 2 door or nothing. The only thing that I bought I liked ok that was 4 doors was an avalanche, but what a lemon those Chevy's are. I'm looking forward to the new Bronco, just to see the brand rise again. America has lost so much of it's heritage, so many good things have been taken from us, I would like to hold a piece of something that reminds me of better times. The best part of the new Bronco, IT WILL BE MADE IN THE USA.
White Dragon likes this.
post #73 of 96 (permalink) Old 01-12-2017, 03:37 PM
Ready 4 a Mid-Life Crisis

Bronco Info: Stock '94 Bronco except for 33" BFGs.
Quote:
The best part of the new Bronco, IT WILL BE MADE IN THE USA.
Chances are great the Bronco will be a combination production from Canada, Mexico, and the U.S. Just like the Power Stroke truck line.

μολὼν λαβέ
post #74 of 96 (permalink) Old 01-12-2017, 04:33 PM

Bronco Info: 89 F350 42's / 78 Bronco 460 35's / 79 Bronco XLT stock
The Edge/MKX is due for a refresh in 2020 and they're doing away with the Flex.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BikerPepe` View Post
"voting for hilary because she's a woman, is like eating shit because it looks like chocolate."
post #75 of 96 (permalink) Old 01-12-2017, 04:37 PM
I ♥ TTB

Bronco Info: 89 lifted a smidge
I'm really looking forward to the release. If it looks anything like the 6G version I'm in! Even if it turns out to be Explorerish I'm still interested as I'm looking to get a new DD, I'll still have my 89 and 93 to go play with however I still want capable as we get our fair share of snow and we also like to get off the beaten path to camp and whatnot...
Fingers Crossed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Broncogirl89 View Post
Well try snatch next time.
-In Heaven you get love and peace.

In Hell you get to party with Pirates and Ninjas.
post #76 of 96 (permalink) Old 01-13-2017, 12:58 AM

Bronco Info: 1993 Bronco Custom Trim - 302 Stock - E4OD Transmission
Quote:
Originally Posted by CDA 455 View Post
Chances are great the Bronco will be a combination production from Canada, Mexico, and the U.S. Just like the Power Stroke truck line.
I highly doubt economics on the parts side of the equation will be the same after 2 years of President Trump by the time this starts production.

1993 Ford Bronco Custom Trim w/ 302 V8
post #77 of 96 (permalink) Old 01-14-2017, 12:47 PM

Bronco Info: 78 Bronco Custom 400m project stalled and 96 Bronco XLT
Quote:
Originally Posted by 78BroncoSteve View Post
Yeah. I just got a new '16 4Runner Trail Edition. The TRD Pro is based off the Trail. I put a Toytec 3" lift, new upper control arms (for alignment spec) 285/70/17 BFG's (33's) and 17x8.5 Method wheels (factory wheels only 7" wide, too skinny).

It's rock solid reliable, has one the best resale values of any vehicle, rugged looks, and the Trail comes with a true transfer case lever, a factory rear e-locker, A-trac (acts like something between an LSD and a locker for the front diff, call it 3.5WD when the locker and a-trac are on), plus crawl controls for climbing and descending, should I choose to use them or my wife wants to off road.

Sticker was $40k and change. I got it for $38,200 + ttl. That's a pretty decent deal for a Trail in CO as they don't deal much on them.

All this to say I have a very proven, extremely capable, body on frame, mid-size 4 door, 4wd SUV. Ford would have to do something pretty amazing with the new Bronco to steer me away.
I here a lot of people discussing 2 door vs 4 door and I would be very surprised to see a 2 door version based on sales figures today. Jeep still offers the Wrangler in 2 door out of tradition but the 4 door out sells it by a large margin. Toyota brought the FJ Cruiser out but it only lasted a few years.

As a Ford truck and Bronco owner who also owns a Toyota 4Runner I believe the best thing we can hope for is Ford setting it's sights on the 4Runner as they design the new Bronco. The 4Runner is really the only thing left that's body on frame in its class. It still appeals to the masses and is very capable off road in the Trail and Pro editions. Lets face it, Ford hasn't had a true solid axle front end in anything but F350 in almost 40 years so a jeep like solid axle rig is probably not happening. IFS solid rear axle is most likely inevitable. If they can build a new Bronco targeted at besting the current 4Runner I believe we'll all be pretty happy with it.

If I could put the 5.0L from 2011 F150 in either my 1996 Bronco or my wifes 4Runner I'd like them both more! Whatever they do I hope it has a V8, even though I know it will be Ecoboost, and I hope it has a removable top! I can't wait to see what they come up with.

96 Bronco XLT 5.8L w/ Bassani headers, Y pipe, full stainless 3" exhaust, 6" lift, 3" body lift, 38" Toyo MT's on 16" Mickey Thompson wheels, and 78 Bronco Custom 400M that needs a lot of work
post #78 of 96 (permalink) Old 01-14-2017, 12:56 PM
i just made a poopy

Quote:
I here a lot of people discussing 2 door vs 4 door and I would be very surprised to see a 2 door version based on sales figures today. Jeep still offers the Wrangler in 2 door out of tradition but the 4 door out sells it by a large margin. Toyota brought the FJ Cruiser out but it only lasted a few years.

As a Ford truck and Bronco owner who also owns a Toyota 4Runner I believe the best thing we can hope for is Ford setting it's sights on the 4Runner as they design the new Bronco. The 4Runner is really the only thing left that's body on frame in its class. It still appeals to the masses and is very capable off road in the Trail and Pro editions. Lets face it, Ford hasn't had a true solid axle front end in anything but F350 in almost 40 years so a jeep like solid axle rig is probably not happening. IFS solid rear axle is most likely inevitable. If they can build a new Bronco targeted at besting the current 4Runner I believe we'll all be pretty happy with it.

If I could put the 5.0L from 2011 F150 in either my 1996 Bronco or my wifes 4Runner I'd like them both more! Whatever they do I hope it has a V8, even though I know it will be Ecoboost, and I hope it has a removable top! I can't wait to see what they come up with.
I won't/don't disagree with the stats you put up regarding the 2 vs 4 door sales. But I can say, with a moments hesitation, that I won't be a new Bronco owner if it is 4 door only. The wife has her Lexus rx350 (4 door) and I have my two broncos (96, 79). She and I were both excited about the new Bronco, bit have no need/desire for a 4 door edition (aka an explorer).

So, while it is just one sale they'll lose, I genuinely hope that more people feel the way I do and tell them to GFT. You said it yourself....despite one jeep model outselling another they still at least offer it.

Versus what Ford might do...."Hey, remember that historic iconic TWO door off road vehicle we made that millions loved.....well now it's better with 4 doors." Yeah, no thanks

post #79 of 96 (permalink) Old 01-14-2017, 02:44 PM

Bronco Info: 78 Bronco Custom 400m project stalled and 96 Bronco XLT
Quote:
Originally Posted by tattooguy21 View Post
I won't/don't disagree with the stats you put up regarding the 2 vs 4 door sales. But I can say, with a moments hesitation, that I won't be a new Bronco owner if it is 4 door only. The wife has her Lexus rx350 (4 door) and I have my two broncos (96, 79). She and I were both excited about the new Bronco, bit have no need/desire for a 4 door edition (aka an explorer).

So, while it is just one sale they'll lose, I genuinely hope that more people feel the way I do and tell them to GFT. You said it yourself....despite one jeep model outselling another they still at least offer it.

Versus what Ford might do...."Hey, remember that historic iconic TWO door off road vehicle we made that millions loved.....well now it's better with 4 doors." Yeah, no thanks
Well, If they do make a 2 door version I work at the dealership, I'll call you in 3 years so we can get your name on the list!

96 Bronco XLT 5.8L w/ Bassani headers, Y pipe, full stainless 3" exhaust, 6" lift, 3" body lift, 38" Toyo MT's on 16" Mickey Thompson wheels, and 78 Bronco Custom 400M that needs a lot of work
post #80 of 96 (permalink) Old 01-14-2017, 03:01 PM
i just made a poopy

Quote:
Well, If they do make a 2 door version I work at the dealership, I'll call you in 3 years so we can get your name on the list!
The wife and I have decided that if they make the 2 door, we're BOTH buying one. Hers will be the daily driver/road tripper that's all fancied out. Mines gonna be to tear s**t up. The only catch, we won't be buying the first years model. Every auto company (Ford in particular) is notorious for pretty major problems on new releases. I'd like them to work the kinks out and hopefully buy by the third year.

Ford Bronco Forum > Other Forums > Anything Else > News, Politics and Special Interest

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Bronco Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. DO NOT USE Gmail.com accounts. If you only have a Gmail.com email please contact the administrator here

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode