• 1 Post By johnnyk8
  • 1 Post By BurlyQ
  • 1 Post By johnnyk8

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 12 (permalink) Old 03-20-2017, 01:42 AM Thread Starter
FSM Lifetime

Bronco Info: 1995 5.8 &1993 5.8 both sold, all the way back with a 94
AHCA Vote Thursday Poll

What would you want to happen? Keep ACA, Adopt AHCA in it's place, or just end the ACA and go back to pre-Obama health care?

House of Representatives to vote this Thursday. We could be a week or so away from Trumpcare.

Last edited by BurlyQ; 03-20-2017 at 01:47 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 12 (permalink) Old 03-20-2017, 07:42 PM

Bronco Info: 1984 Rebuilt 5.0 Free Wheeling Package
Garage
AHCA Vote Thursday Poll

I would vote to keep a form of it since my family certainly could have used it when I was little when my dad lost his job after his union went on strike. He went back to school to learn a trade (plumbing). There is a time and place. Perhaps there was an option then but it was too difficult to get.

My guess it's gonna get repealed and replaced just like DJT said he was going to do. It part of why people voted for him. But they were also told he had a plan that met x,y and z standards.

I figured it would be a shit storm regardless of what was drawn up and sent out for approval.

Quite a mess we got here

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1984 Full Size Ford Bronco w rebuit 302 and Auto w/OD
Lotsa Rust - Lotsa Noise - Lotsa fabricating
Project for my son and me
Here is the blog of our progress
Project Alpha Bronco
post #3 of 12 (permalink) Old 03-24-2017, 02:44 PM Thread Starter
FSM Lifetime

Vote to be in an hour or so.

My prediction, Obama care will stand, those fake town halls and fake polls absolutely were an attempt to get us to live with this horrible bill. Since the Republicans allowed them to be set up with those fake town halls, their vote is obviously going to be to continue with obama care. To get 20 millions people insured, the gov't fined 20 million people. Basically, 20 million people who didn't need health care paid for the 20 million people who did need.

We allowed this gov't to ruin health care for anyone, and pile on debt to a ship that is already being crushed by debt. Today, the Republicans will show their true colors. They purposely attached a replacement option to the repeal, because they knew it would fail. A repeal would have passed because no republican would be re-elected if they voted against that. However, if they attach a replacement, it gives them an out, and the republicans will take it.

post #4 of 12 (permalink) Old 03-24-2017, 03:48 PM Thread Starter
FSM Lifetime

Broken promise number 1, had nothing to do with Trump. Republicans voted to repeal Obamacare 50 times w/o a president in office to sign the bill. Now they have a president, they vote was to keep Obamacare. If you actually think the republicans want to overturn Obamacare, you just aren't paying attention.
post #5 of 12 (permalink) Old 03-24-2017, 06:44 PM

Garage
AHCA Vote Thursday Poll

Fake town halls only goes so far. This new bill was shit and they wanted nothing to do with it. They eliminated preexisting conditions and maternal care for Christ's sake.

Half the dissenters in the Republican party said it was not enough and the other half said it was too much....

What a cluster.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Project Alpha Bronco
post #6 of 12 (permalink) Old 03-24-2017, 07:05 PM Thread Starter
FSM Lifetime

I was sure when the president was elected Obama care was gone, I was pretty sure the second I saw those Town Halls, Obamacare was here to stay. 50 plus votes to repeal Obama care, and nobody is saying just vote to repeal Obamacare even though that is exactly what the base wants. Where does the base go? Working man republicans and working man democrats actually have the most in common, but free trader corporate globalists are in charge of both parties, liberal garbage and conservative social agenda is what rules the roost. I doubt they let this president do anything, and he likely will be impeached before his 4 years are up. This is why people are so f'n pissed at the establishment, they continue to harm the middle class and hand over everything to the bums and the banks.
post #7 of 12 (permalink) Old 03-24-2017, 07:12 PM

Garage
Edited -

Working class dudes like us have been getting ****ed since Rome. Thankfully I'm doing quite well but did pay more in taxes this year than I used to earn in an entire year at the beginning of my career. The $100k in student loans were also tough to swallow. After all that it worked out.

The problem is DJT campaigned on repeal and replace. Trying to appeal both sides, help those who need it and also make people who want to see it repealed. Can't do both.

He said shit on the trail that's impossible. Nothing new there. The only thing new was people actually believed him. Hook line and sinker.

WHEN DID WE START BELIEVING WHAT POLITICIANS SAY?!

Man I am a cynical SOB.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk
BurlyQ likes this.

Project Alpha Bronco
post #8 of 12 (permalink) Old 03-24-2017, 08:12 PM Thread Starter
FSM Lifetime

In my estimation it isn't the Republicans job to do the Liberals job for them, today I would be wrong. Apparently, that is exactly what republicans are doing, the liberal agenda. Pelosi and Obama are laughing their ass off, DT loses his first fight in office. If you thought the base was mad during this election, wait til the next, lol. We may not have another election, Rome is burning I say pour gas on it and let it burn. Look at this poll and that is the pulse I get from the people I know as well, friends and family. Just repeal that garbage, it would have passed. Then the president would have had no choice but to sign it, and then let both parties come up with something. HORSE SHIT, and obviously this is a sign of more to come.
johnnyk8 likes this.
post #9 of 12 (permalink) Old 03-24-2017, 09:26 PM

Garage
Think about the base that didn't vote for the left this last go around!! The damn citizens don't vote. 1/3 voted this last time. Embarrassing. I have a feeling the left from center "base" are VERY motivated this time.

Funny thing is I look at the people I work with and those in my community and they think Trump is a complete joke. My family (gun toting deer hunting WI residents) hate Trump, a great many of the folks at work ( I'm the head of research for big food company) feel the same. It's amazing how a person's impression of what the country is going through changes depending on who they are surrounded by.

The problem is this dipolar view of the world people have. Just because someone ​doesn't agree with Trump doesn't make them a liberal. The vast majority of people out there are not conservative or liberal they are in the middle. If one is indeed at one or the other end of the spectrum they are in the minority. That's what make this process so damn frustrating.

The internet, the 24 hour news cycle and complete lack of accountability are to blame. Breitbart? Bullshit. Washington post? Bullshit. With the internet a person can find a safeplace, surround themselves with like-minded folk and just keep swallowing it day after day regardless of which end of the spectrum you're on.

But bullshit sells and right now it's selling even more. You don't have to agree with what is written but they get paid just because you clicked.

These guys just do what they want.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk
BurlyQ likes this.

Project Alpha Bronco
post #10 of 12 (permalink) Old 03-25-2017, 11:10 AM Thread Starter
FSM Lifetime

Obamacare = redistribution of wealth from the young middle class to the medium aged middle class. It is a sign of how bad it is. If the republicans wanted this gone, it would be gone.
post #11 of 12 (permalink) Old 03-25-2017, 01:32 PM

Garage
Exactly right, to make matters worse, over 50% of baby boomers only have less that $100K in retirement and 35% of them have already tapped into those limited funds prior to retirement.

All the following generations are dumping $$$ into Social Security that will be gone before they have a chance to use it.

Someone will have to foot the bill or I guess cut them off from healthcare. Then the cycle of trailer parks and ghettos continues.

Like I said it's a ****in' mess. I want to allow people to bootstrap it and get back to work after injuries etc but they need some help. Then there are smokers and addicts......

Damnnit!

Project Alpha Bronco
post #12 of 12 (permalink) Old Today, 02:33 PM

Bronco Info: 1996 EB, 351w, basically stock. 1981 custom 351m, long gone.
Garage
maybe i have a bad sense of humor, but i think it's hilarious that the bill was so bad they didn't even bother to vote on it.

since its inception the republicans have been telling me how bad obamacare is. how it's just...so bad. it's a disaster. oblundercare. obummercare. and in general the democrats just forced it all on us. we should vote republican to save the ship.

ok, so the republicans control basically the entire government. they should be able to do what they want. and the first major bit of legislation that they cook up is bungled so hard they can't even get close enough to vote.

i thought trump was going to make things happen b/c he's an outsider? what exactly were his contributions to this? none? lol... what a great "leader"

from what i see, the republicans have spent so much time in the past 8 years blaming obama for everything, they forgot how to actually legislate.

it's fun to do bad things

my "build" thread

Ford Bronco Forum > Other Forums > Anything Else > News, Politics and Special Interest

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Bronco Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. DO NOT USE Gmail.com accounts. If you only have a Gmail.com email please contact the administrator here

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode