School me on Air Compressors - Page 6 - Ford Bronco Forum
 11Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #101 of 105 (permalink) Old 09-15-2016, 12:05 AM

Bronco Info: 1984 bronco, 1995 roller motor w/ carb.
Garage
Yea sorry i didn't keep up with this. I have it most of the way sorted out. The only thing i want to add is a drain loop after my aftercooler now. I get craploads of condensation and feed it back into the tank now. The difference in air temperature is very noticeable. One i put a drip loop in after the aftercooler i can measure how much moisture i am getting by the temp drop across the aftercooler, but it is a large amount. I am not even seeing any moisture at my first water trap prior to my filtration. I think if i add a water trap right after the aftercooler and put an automatic drain on it i will be totally set. I will probably just add another few feet of black iron pipe and an automatic valve then i think it will be perfect for my purposes. I'll post up some pics tomorrow of what i have so far.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #102 of 105 (permalink) Old 09-15-2016, 12:12 AM
Retiring Soon

Bronco Info: '95 XLT, 5.8/E4OD/MassAir/6" lift/4.56's/35x12.5 BFG AT-KO2
Garage
automatic valve? slacker.

"When life throws you a curve... LEAN INTO IT!"

SuperMotors - Since 2002
post #103 of 105 (permalink) Old 09-15-2016, 11:55 PM

Bronco Info: 1984 bronco, 1995 roller motor w/ carb.
Garage
[IMG][/IMG]
[IMG][/IMG]
[IMG][/IMG]
[IMG][/IMG]

Just a few pics of the installation. I get a little bit of condensation weep out of the cool side of the aftercooler, so i will have to tear it apart and put it back together at least one more time, but it works for now and is pretty air-tight. I know i need a water trap right after the aftercooler, so after i get the walls finished on the inside of the garage i guess i will be going back to the hardware store for pipe to finish that off correctly. Right now i am calling it good enough. Hopefully this weekend we stab the motor into the bronco and actually hear it run for the first time in 20 years.
BikerPepe` likes this.

post #104 of 105 (permalink) Old 12-27-2016, 11:02 PM

Bronco Info: 1994 Bronco 5.0 liter e4od factory MAF, 130 amp 3g, auxillary transmission filter and cooler.
Moved out of my parents house, ended up with more compressors. Mini me has it's own little spot under the work bench. Its been covering all air duties for a while while my big compressor was down.

It builds up water like nobodies business, so I put a separater on the outlet. Ive taken to installing Ts and extra pipe on the bottom of compressor tanks to keep any settled water out of the tank completely.

My main compressor finally refused to start one day, vid of that will come eventually. I fixed it then the regulator started leaking. I don't even use the damn regulator.

Added a fancy drain setup to this one too. It has its own little spot in the corner and now that I have mini me portability isn't a concern.

Modified the compressor pump from the old sears. I'm plumbing it to share my main compressor's 33 gallon tank. This way I can run oilless when I need volume, and belt driven when I want quiet.

Oh yeah, I bought a 6 gallon Porter cable pancake air compressor for 5$ off Craigslist. PO said it ran but would never shut off. Pump was worn to shit.
BikerPepe` and devildog93 like this.

My Youtube: http://www.youtube.com/user/pfun41#p/a
The going get tough, the tough get debt
Don't pay attention, pay the rent
Next of kins pay for your sins
A little faith should keep us safe
post #105 of 105 (permalink) Old 01-01-2017, 12:54 PM

Bronco Info: 1994 Bronco 5.0 liter e4od factory MAF, 130 amp 3g, auxillary transmission filter and cooler.
https://youtu.be/0Jt0nc7azPkhttps://youtu.be/0Jt0nc7azPk" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="425" height="350">

My Youtube: http://www.youtube.com/user/pfun41#p/a
The going get tough, the tough get debt
Don't pay attention, pay the rent
Next of kins pay for your sins
A little faith should keep us safe

Ford Bronco Forum > Bronco Discussions > Fabrication, Tools, Equipment

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Bronco Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. DO NOT USE Gmail.com accounts. If you only have a Gmail.com email please contact the administrator here

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode