3Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #21 of 68 (permalink) Old 07-19-2015, 09:40 PM

Bronco Info: 1992 Bronco XLT 302
Quote:
Originally Posted by dsw422 View Post
Thanks..

Do u have a build page for ur console??

I also plan to use the stock mounting holes as well as some brackets attached to the trany cover bolt holes. I don't want to be putting extra holes in the floor..

Not a build page but do have some pictures of the three on here. Radio Console

The current one I'm liking and will probably be sticking with it. I'm going to be pulling it out one more time to fix a few things and button up the vinyl on it. I don't have a picture of it in the Bronco yet. The panel / bezel around the radios are wrapped in vinyl now.

I've since put a stereo in it and also repainted the stock speaker grills. :)

Didn't think of the tranny cover bolt holes but have been toying with the idea of some flat bar between it and the front seat bolts to help secure it. MDF added considerable weight to it.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #22 of 68 (permalink) Old 07-20-2015, 05:52 PM Thread Starter

Bronco Info: '94 Bronco Eddie Bauer 5.0 automatic
Quote:
Originally Posted by gaxlt View Post
Not a build page but do have some pictures of the three on here. Radio Console

The current one I'm liking and will probably be sticking with it. I'm going to be pulling it out one more time to fix a few things and button up the vinyl on it. I don't have a picture of it in the Bronco yet. The panel / bezel around the radios are wrapped in vinyl now.

I've since put a stereo in it and also repainted the stock speaker grills. :)

Didn't think of the tranny cover bolt holes but have been toying with the idea of some flat bar between it and the front seat bolts to help secure it. MDF added considerable weight to it.
oh ok.. i remember going thru that thread..

what is the final console wrapped in? vinyl also? looks wavy( i understand u sed ur going to finish it up). i recommend usind DAP Weldwood landau and top sprayable adhesive.

how do u mean a flat bar? sounds interesting.. im asuming this could be some steel that is runs under the carpet (for asthetics) and bolts in with the seat bolt.?

My Build :DSW's 94 Eddie Bauer

My console build: Custom Center Console
post #23 of 68 (permalink) Old 07-20-2015, 09:43 PM

Bronco Info: 1992 Bronco XLT 302
I got the wrinkles or waves out of it, I just need to tack the front top corners down which I'll do when I take it back out.

I used some spray adhesive on the switch panel and the piece around the radios. the rest of it i just pulled or stretched around the cup holder and storage compartment until I got it smoothed out. BTW it's all the same color vinyl now. It appears to match the trim pieces that became off colored over the years. :)

The flat bar I'm referring to, is a flat bare piece of metal you can find at Lowes or welding supply shops. You can find them in various lengths, widths and thickness. You can cut, weld, bend it to suit and drill it if needed.

post #24 of 68 (permalink) Old 07-20-2015, 09:54 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by gaxlt View Post
I got the wrinkles or waves out of it, I just need to tack the front top corners down which I'll do when I take it back out.

I used some spray adhesive on the switch panel and the piece around the radios. the rest of it i just pulled or stretched around the cup holder and storage compartment until I got it smoothed out. BTW it's all the same color vinyl now. It appears to match the trim pieces that became off colored over the years. :)

The flat bar I'm referring to, is a flat bare piece of metal you can find at Lowes or welding supply shops. You can find them in various lengths, widths and thickness. You can cut, weld, bend it to suit and drill it if needed.
oh ok..

and i figured itd be some sort of flat metal bar..

i feel like the way ima mount mine, itll be strong enough not to move in case of an accident..

post #25 of 68 (permalink) Old 07-24-2015, 12:33 AM

Bronco Info: 93, EB, (Converted to halfcab, F-250 Superduty SAS, 460,C-6,271
http://www.plowsite.com/showthread.php?t=153473&page=11
Hope this link works, if so you can see another idea to toss into your mix of ideas. I had room for a 10" sub in mine but chose to mount it in its own box instead. Keep in mind, my consol is built solely for mounting my plow controls and shifter. So the shape and height are dictated by those. It does work very well for me, however it is not stylish by any means.
I'm sure you've done your research on subs, but I'll mention it anyway. Your sound will very greatly based on your cubic volume and weather you port it or not. Personally I like a non ported box as its a much tighter and hard hitting base. You can get good cup holder insets from RV shops on line and Amazon has then also. Good luck on your build.

Some pics of my rig in progress
http://www.supermotors.net/registry/26170
post #26 of 68 (permalink) Old 07-24-2015, 10:34 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by randby View Post
http://www.plowsite.com/showthread.php?t=153473&page=11
Hope this link works, if so you can see another idea to toss into your mix of ideas. I had room for a 10" sub in mine but chose to mount it in its own box instead. Keep in mind, my consol is built solely for mounting my plow controls and shifter. So the shape and height are dictated by those. It does work very well for me, however it is not stylish by any means.
I'm sure you've done your research on subs, but I'll mention it anyway. Your sound will very greatly based on your cubic volume and weather you port it or not. Personally I like a non ported box as its a much tighter and hard hitting base. You can get good cup holder insets from RV shops on line and Amazon has then also. Good luck on your build.
That looks really good!! I like the switch area with the what looks like brushed aluminum.. And I know a ton about car audio. Lol.. I build and install custom audio systems every week..

post #27 of 68 (permalink) Old 07-24-2015, 10:54 AM

Bronco Info: 93, EB, (Converted to halfcab, F-250 Superduty SAS, 460,C-6,271
Oh man. Your going to have a great sounding sub then. Keep posting pics of the progress
post #28 of 68 (permalink) Old 07-24-2015, 11:07 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by randby View Post
Oh man. Your going to have a great sounding sub then. Keep posting pics of the progress
Lol..it won't beat down the block, but it will give me some of the low end I want.. I'll eventually put some 15s or 18's in the back..

I'll post pics this weekend If I get to work in it.. lol.. working 12 hours a day, getting 2-3 hours if sleep, and watching my 10 month old son leaves me little time to work on it..

post #29 of 68 (permalink) Old 08-17-2015, 01:20 AM Thread Starter

Finally got work done on the console... stayed outside working on it till 11pm.. I'll post pics in the morning

post #30 of 68 (permalink) Old 08-17-2015, 10:36 AM Thread Starter

Ok.. so here are some pics.. I have not sealed the box portion yet. I have to still figure how much volume I have. I'm pretty sure my storage compartment will be shallow.. :( but you gotta sacrifice something I guess.. lol

Gotta love that kerf.. lol

post #31 of 68 (permalink) Old 08-23-2015, 07:17 AM

Bronco Info: 1993 XLT, 351W...
Garage
Looks great, can't wait to see the finished job.

1993 FORD BRONCO XLT
351W, Automatic E4OD with Warn Premium Locking Hubs.
31x10.5x15" on Stock 15" Wheels
Stock Height, Tow Package, Gray Cloth Interior
AC PW PB CC CD S&W Alarm System

Walnut Creek, Northern California

post #32 of 68 (permalink) Old 10-15-2015, 10:01 PM

Bronco Info: 1992 Eddie Bauer, 302 currently with E4OD, 265/75r15
Garage
Looks awesome so far. Can't wait to see it done. Was considering doing something like that myself...but I desperately wan't a manual swap though :( Considered trying to keep an eye out for some 40/20/40 seats? Since you are going to put the armrest on it anyways, and having that extra space with the armrest from the seat out of the way might be nice.

Remember with your tailgate windows not working...Clean your plug first!

!992 Eddie Bauer, 302 w/E4OD
So far...
Former 1990 302 XLT swapped T18
post #33 of 68 (permalink) Old 10-20-2015, 01:20 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by pakmule87 View Post
Looks awesome so far. Can't wait to see it done. Was considering doing something like that myself...but I desperately wan't a manual swap though :( Considered trying to keep an eye out for some 40/20/40 seats? Since you are going to put the armrest on it anyways, and having that extra space with the armrest from the seat out of the way might be nice.
thanks.. itll be a while before its done.. prolly next year especially since its getting cold out.. and i personally like the stock bronco seats with the arm rest.. i designed the box to be used with these seats.. when its all said and done, the center console will be exactly the same height as the armrests in my seating position..

Would/could i ever change the seats, of course.. but i dont see that happening for a long time..

post #34 of 68 (permalink) Old 10-20-2015, 02:34 PM

Bronco Info: '91 Silver Anniversary 5.0
Nice design man, coming together nicely. Looking forward to seeing it completed.

| 1991 Silver Anniversary 5.0 | GT40P Heads | Ford Racing M-9430-T50 Headers | Mildy Ported Stock Lower Intake | Bosch EV6 Injectors | PCV Oil Separator | Smog removed | Jeg's 2" Y-Pipe | Skyjacker Nitro8000 Shocks, Hydro7000 Stabilizer | Warn Premium Manual Hubs | E4OD w/B&M 70264 SuperCooler and Filter | LED Underhood Lights & Aux Driving Lights |
post #35 of 68 (permalink) Old 10-27-2015, 11:24 AM

I dont understand why it is practical to put a sub woofer in your center console. Don't you think it will just rattle everything you have inside the console and drinks would just be shaking, even if it is a low powered sub?
post #36 of 68 (permalink) Old 10-27-2015, 12:08 PM
Resident Nice Guy

Bronco Info: 1979 Ranger XLT, 351m, 4 speed
Garage
Can I ask what role the Kindle is playing?

I would love the larger screen of a tablet to use for the GUI of my music placeshifting service, but to do so would have to connect it to my stereo via BT as well as to my phone via wifi (to borrow it's data). It seems this might cause for a less-than-stable setup, connection wise. Are you using the Android tablet for anything having to do with the audio, or just as a video screen?

Thanks!

This is my signature. There are many like it, but this one is mine.
My signature is my best friend. It is my life. I must master it as I must master my life.

Schwim! A social site with an identity crisis.
post #37 of 68 (permalink) Old 10-27-2015, 02:06 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by brandonacuff View Post
I dont understand why it is practical to put a sub woofer in your center console. Don't you think it will just rattle everything you have inside the console and drinks would just be shaking, even if it is a low powered sub?
Though the woofer is in the console, it's not gonna be vibrating.. the vibration comes from a poorly built box and not being secured.. my box/console will be built right and secured properly.. only vibration will come from the actual sound waves which would be present if it were in the console or not..

post #38 of 68 (permalink) Old 10-27-2015, 02:22 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by schwim View Post
Can I ask what role the Kindle is playing?

I would love the larger screen of a tablet to use for the GUI of my music placeshifting service, but to do so would have to connect it to my stereo via BT as well as to my phone via wifi (to borrow it's data). It seems this might cause for a less-than-stable setup, connection w6ise. Are you using the Android tablet for anything having to do with the audio, or just as a video screen?

Thanks!
Sorry for not telling everyone, but I scratched the kindle idea..

The new plan is to put a double din in that spot.. the factory radio spot will be modified to hold a Samsung tablet or I pad (havent decided yet)

As for you question about how I would connect to the radio, it's very simple.. it'll be directly connected to radio thru usb.. this will charge my device at the same time too.. the device will be removable too..

post #39 of 68 (permalink) Old 10-27-2015, 03:14 PM

Bronco Info: 1989 Bronco 302
Garage
I like how it looks can't wait to see the finished product
post #40 of 68 (permalink) Old 12-20-2015, 03:12 PM Thread Starter

Just updating this thread since I've done a little work..

I put on a lid and added cup holders..

Ford Bronco Forum > Bronco Discussions > Fabrication, Tools, Equipment

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Bronco Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. DO NOT USE Gmail.com accounts. If you only have a Gmail.com email please contact the administrator here

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode