Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

custom center console

23K views 67 replies 32 participants last post by  DS11 
#1 ·
hey guys.. so I have finally decided to start tackling a custom console..

currently in the stages of mock up.. I used cardboard, ductape, and super glue..

itll be made of mdf and maybe some fiberglass worked in there... ill wrap the entire thing in color matching vinyl.

there will also be a 10 inch NVX subwoofer also in the console, along with 2 6.5 inch speakers.. I drew up how I am going to incorporate both in sketchup..

let me know what yall think!!:thumbup

See less See more
#44 ·
Very similar to what I have been thinking about for my 88. I was thinking about reverse mounting my sub horizontal and stuffing the magnet up under the dash, then i could keep my volume chamber low and port out the back. It will just be an old Volfenhagen sub on a American Audio amp (Pyramid?) so I don't expect it to win any awards; though the 800watts RMS (lets be real here, maybe 500 watts) should make up for some of it.

#46 ·
That's a good idea.. go for it if that's what u want... I didn't go that route b/c I'll be putting a double din radio in the console so I'll need the space behind it for wiring as well as the sub amp, power inverter for 110, and a couple other things.. I haven't worked on the console in a while.. but im hoping to start again't in a couple weeks with the final console build..

I would like to see more updates on this since I'm planning on building a console for my project car and need some tips and tricks. I'm also very curious on how you're going to cover it.
No updates yet.. I hope to start on final console build in a couple weeks.. I'll be covering in vinyl (faux leather look) material with a couple accent features to hide any unwanted seams..

#49 ·
If talking about the 6.5s I'm putting in the console, then yes.. they will be wired as front speakers. But power will not be coming from head unit.. speakers will have their own amp.

This build has been very fun.. and anyone I believe would love the result of replacing the tiny stock console.. but build to your needs and wants..

#64 ·
Just posting to a thread will subscribe you as long as you haven't changed your default settings. You can also subscribe without posting by clicking the tab titled "Thread Tools" at the top of each topic page and selecting "Subscribe to Thread".

You may enjoy many of the other console builds on the forum that have been finished. We're coming up on a year since the last OP post and it may be one of the many of the projects that just got set aside for "real life".

Center console builds on FSB

Reactions: BikerPepe`
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.