BW1356 Doubler Solidworks Files - Ford Bronco Forum
 3Likes
  • 3 Post By mantooth

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 5 (permalink) Old 02-04-2017, 07:15 AM Thread Starter

Bronco Info: 1996 351w np435 swap, long arm sas, shackle flip 9" swap, 36" TSL Super Swampers grooved
BW1356 Doubler Solidworks Files

Here are the solidworks files for the doubler I made for my senior project. It is a little long because of the shifter mechanism so if you wanted to redesign the back half of the case you could save some length. As far as I know everything will work fine but when I made mine I had the wrong bolt pattern on the ends so I haven't re-drilled and tapped to make it line up. I have updated the models with the correct bolt pattern that I got over on pirate. Do with these as you want. If you make any improvements or make it yourself please post up! The gears for the model aren't helical like they are in real life but they get the job done. Feel free to ask questions.

And here is the link. Let me know if it doesn't work or anyone has any issues.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old 02-04-2017, 11:56 AM
Eric

Bronco Info: '88 Bronco XLT, 5.0L, AOD, 33's
In most of the higher-end motorsports shops I've been in, engineering design via Solidworks is the prevailing method. You should stick with it. There is, definitely, a lucrative future in being good at it.

Nice work, man!

Eric
post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old 02-04-2017, 01:57 PM
FSM Lifetime

Bronco Info: 1978 Round headlight, 351M,C6, 9", 44/1991, 445 FE, t19, 205, Dana 60/70, MAF, Moet's
Garage
So are you producing these currently? Sounds interesting with the lower ratio of the 1356 planetary.

post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old 02-04-2017, 02:43 PM Thread Starter

Bronco Info: 1996 351w np435 swap, long arm sas, shackle flip 9" swap, 36" TSL Super Swampers grooved
That is the plan. I will be graduating in May with my Mechanical Engineering degree with a concentration in Design and will be getting my CNC certificate at the same time. Hopefully move out west and try to get in with a race shop.
post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old 02-04-2017, 02:47 PM Thread Starter

Unfortunately I am not producing them. I only made the one and I had the material donated from a local aluminum extrusion company which saved me quite a bit. Buying the material for just one of these is about 400 dollars and once I graduate I won't have access to the cnc equipment sadly. Hopefully I find a job with a race shop with the equipment and hookup on materials that we could possibly produce them.

Ford Bronco Forum > Bronco Discussions > Fabrication, Tools, Equipment

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Bronco Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. DO NOT USE Gmail.com accounts. If you only have a Gmail.com email please contact the administrator here

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode