Home Made Projects or tools - Page 9 - Ford Bronco Forum
 2Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #161 of 162 (permalink) Old 04-03-2016, 04:30 PM
They call me "MR FLAT TIRE"

Bronco Info: 90 swapping to7.3IDI, ZF5 & 1 tons. 66 5.0 & AOD
I just made an improvement to my engine stand...and its Ford related...Bronco even. Just got it done and will snap a photo when I go back to the garage. My 2nd hand engine stand was like most others I'm sure...held from turning with a bolt on top of the pivot. I changed that out to a TTB Hub/Spindle/Lockout assembly. I just got tired of fighting the old method and had the parts in the shop taking up space since I can't throw anything away. Now I can lock the motor or trans in multiple positions with a one turn of the lock out. I'm sure that I'll come up with ways I could have done it better now that its done. There is a shortened outer axle shaft welded to the back of the spindle that keeps the assembly from turning. Don't know why I didn't do this sooner.

photo soon
EDIT: I'm not sure what is up with Supermotors as I uploaded a bunch of photos and all I get are like these...

I've done it the same way for years, so I don't understand?

Quote:
Originally Posted by 90Beater View Post
2 spares?? Are you sure thats gonna be enough????
Proud to be politically incorrect.
66 EB 5.0-AOD; 90 Locopny 7.3IDI-ZF 5-D60-10.25; 90Beater(2.0)5.8L-E4OD-SAS-14B; 95 Happy2 F150-4.9L-M5OD; F250SD 7.3-Auto CCLB
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #162 of 162 (permalink) Old 12-27-2016, 10:23 PM

Bronco Info: 1994 Bronco 5.0 liter e4od factory MAF, 130 amp 3g, auxillary transmission filter and cooler.
homemade power brake bleeder

A bit of background first. Ive never liked dealing with the hydraulics of brake systems, I have a pretty bad history with them. First time I replaced brake shoes I opened the bleeder valve to compress the cylinders and let air in the system. I then went through several quarts of brake fluid trying to bleed them using the bottle of brake cleaner 1 person method. This didn't work, And I've yet to get it to work. Attempts at 2 person brake bleeding destroyed the master cylinder. I never got the new one bled correctly. Ended up taking it to a shop, where a brake fluid soaked rag caught on fire and nearly burned it to the ground. They did bleed my brakes though. In 2012 I spent some time at a GM dealership, where I experienced the joys of a power brake bleeder. Hook it up to the master cylinder and crack open the bleeder screws, no bullshit. Now I don't deal with brake hydraulics THAT often, so forking over the cash for a name brand power brake bleeder was out of the cards. So I made one with a universal adapter.
Its rather quite simple. The cheapest, smallest yard sprayer I could find holds the fluid, this part is unmodified except for the removal of the spray nozzle. The adapter is a flat piece of metal with a hole in the center and a 1/4" coupler welded to the top for a fitting. There are two eye bolts on either side with wingnuts. A chain runs from one, under the master cylinder, and up to the other. 2 layers of bicycle inner tube rubber with a hole in the center make up the seal. The wingnuts are used to tighten the adapter to the master cylinder. I can bleed all four corners by myself in no time, and flushing is a breeze.

My Youtube: http://www.youtube.com/user/pfun41#p/a
The going get tough, the tough get debt
Don't pay attention, pay the rent
Next of kins pay for your sins
A little faith should keep us safe

Ford Bronco Forum > Bronco Discussions > Fabrication, Tools, Equipment

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Bronco Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. DO NOT USE Gmail.com accounts. If you only have a Gmail.com email please contact the administrator here

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode