• 3 Post By BikerPepe`
  • 3 Post By Handy_andy_cv64

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 20 (permalink) Old 06-20-2016, 07:04 PM Thread Starter
House of Windsor 4ever!

Bronco Info: 79 Ranchero GT/97 Eddie Bauer Exploder 5.0 AWD
Garage
problem solved

I have run into a problem with the city of Everett, Washington concerning my '79 Ranchero GT. The code enforcement department has ordered my landlord to cover my car in seven days or face a fine of at least $1000, simply because the car is not tabbed and running. With my SSI situation, I have no money currently to buy a car cover, assuming one still exists that would fit it, and tarping it is unacceptable.
What I am asking, and I am also asking on Ranchero.us and on Stationwagonforums, is if someone has a car cover they currently are not using and could ship it to me immediately for little or no money right now, so that I have it before the Monday, June 27th deadline. I would then at least reimburse you for the shipping at the beginning of next month (I might even be able to get you the money in time for the Independence Day weekend but no promises), and then pay you for the cover the beginning of August.
Anyone who can turn and burn to get me a car cover as immediately as possible, you will have my eternal gratitude. Just go ahead and sound off here in the thread, and I will PM you about it as soon as I see it. But time is of the essence here...seven days. That's all I have.

[Silver70] In 100 years, when astronauts visit the landing site, they'll stumble upon the little FSB rover with a busted driveshaft, twisted up on a moon-rock flexing the SAS, and think, "Man... those things can go anywhere. Screw Jeep."
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 20 (permalink) Old 06-20-2016, 08:11 PM Thread Starter
House of Windsor 4ever!

Garage
Cancel Red Alert. A forum member on Ranchero.us has one and will be sending it tomorrow.

[Silver70] In 100 years, when astronauts visit the landing site, they'll stumble upon the little FSB rover with a busted driveshaft, twisted up on a moon-rock flexing the SAS, and think, "Man... those things can go anywhere. Screw Jeep."
post #3 of 20 (permalink) Old 06-21-2016, 01:22 AM
Burning out fast...

Bronco Info: '95 XLT, 5.8/E4OD/MassAir/6" lift/4.56's/35x12.5 BFG AT-KO2 or 33x12.5 GYW Duratrac
Garage
well that was fast. glad to hear you got hooked up Andrew.

post #4 of 20 (permalink) Old 06-21-2016, 02:55 AM Thread Starter
House of Windsor 4ever!

Garage
Yeah, me too. After having to sell Eddie, I was faced with selling Babe or having her towed/impounded.

post #5 of 20 (permalink) Old 06-22-2016, 12:41 AM

Bronco Info: 1990 XLT 5.0, K&N Hot Air Intake, Motorsport Headers, 3" Dynomax Exhaust
That situation could have sucked...glad someone could help you out. Have you thought about collector plates? Does away with the need for yearly tabs if you meet the criteria (although I've never heard of them being enforced).

WA State Licensing (DOL) Official Site: Collector Vehicle license plates

"I can't say that a '90 is going to change your mind about Fords... That era of truck isn't known for exceptional reliability or simplicity of maintenance" Steve83
post #6 of 20 (permalink) Old 06-22-2016, 02:31 AM Thread Starter
House of Windsor 4ever!

Garage
Much as I have Babe for collecting purposes, I also intend on driving her for my enjoyment and work purposes. But thank you for pointing that out. I just need to fix the electrical problems, fix a few other little items, pop a battery in it, and I can drive it again.

post #7 of 20 (permalink) Old 06-22-2016, 01:57 PM
Retired Staff

Bronco Info: 79 Bronco, 47 Binder
Just read this and was going to send you one till I read the second post. I've got a cover for a Bronco that I haven't used in forever, probably wouldn't be long enough though.
post #8 of 20 (permalink) Old 06-22-2016, 02:38 PM
FSM Lifetime

Bronco Info: 1978 Round headlight, 351M,C6, 9", 44/1991, 445 FE, t19, 205, Dana 60/70, MAF, Moet's
Garage
Yeah living in incorporated areas sucks, we have a town nearby that does not allow pickups to be parked outside in your driveway or street. I got a ticket one day when doing a HVAC job at the city hall there for 150 bucks. I went to city hall and told the police department they would have to install their own shit as I am not allowed,to park my work truck at their job LOL.
post #9 of 20 (permalink) Old 06-22-2016, 03:30 PM Thread Starter
House of Windsor 4ever!

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ranger429 View Post
Just read this and was going to send you one till I read the second post. I've got a cover for a Bronco that I haven't used in forever, probably wouldn't be long enough though.
I appreciate that, and had posted on all three forums in case no one at Ranchero.us was able to help. Interestingly, last year when they said my car was unlicensed and inoperative, I wanted to call them out by having at least one of their brainless minions (who couldn't tell it was a Ranchero so she called it a Cadillac Eldorado in official city documents!) watch as I started the car and legally drove it away. This year, I ran into problems concerning the sale of Eddie back in '14 (parked in the same place before I sold him but they refuse to appreciate that) that has put me in a financial tailspin I have not been able to recover from yet. And that involves the State's Dept. of Social & Health Services (my foodstamps). So no tabs this year. I just had zero money to afford them.

post #10 of 20 (permalink) Old 06-22-2016, 03:53 PM

Bronco Info: A Very Special '86 302
Glad ya got it worked out Andy, I was halfway over to Amazon before I read the second post. I owe ya some big ones for the help with my 715. :

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheUnforgiven View Post
you could use your own piss as brake fluid, it would just boil at a lower temperature.
post #11 of 20 (permalink) Old 06-22-2016, 04:05 PM
Burning out fast...

Bronco Info: '95 XLT, 5.8/E4OD/MassAir/6" lift/4.56's/35x12.5 BFG AT-KO2 or 33x12.5 GYW Duratrac
Garage
I could send you a bag of weed... but that's about all I've got to contribute and I'm just about to stop making that too, thanks to the state's recreational system throwing us medical folks under the bus.
Hang in there bud. Things are tough all over.

post #12 of 20 (permalink) Old 06-22-2016, 04:10 PM
FSM Lifetime

Bronco Info: 1978 Round headlight, 351M,C6, 9", 44/1991, 445 FE, t19, 205, Dana 60/70, MAF, Moet's
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by BikerPepe` View Post
I could send you a bag of weed... but that's about all I've got to contribute and I'm just about to stop making that too, thanks to the state's recreational system throwing us medical folks under the bus.
Hang in there bud. Things are tough all over.
Sigh some people have it good, but I do get medical for 200 a month.
post #13 of 20 (permalink) Old 06-22-2016, 04:18 PM

Bronco Info: 1979 Custom 351m
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by 445 FE Bronco View Post
Yeah living in incorporated areas sucks, we have a town nearby that does not allow pickups to be parked outside in your driveway or street. I got a ticket one day when doing a HVAC job at the city hall there for 150 bucks. I went to city hall and told the police department they would have to install their own shit as I am not allowed,to park my work truck at their job LOL.
Unbelievable! I've never even thought about that living in the South. I leave projects in various states of disrepair in my front yard sometimes and I live in a nice, established neighborhood. Glad you got it worked out!

1979 Bronco Custom stock 351m, 33x10.5 BFG tires, Monstaliner paint job, work in progress!
Rusty Custom Build
post #14 of 20 (permalink) Old 06-22-2016, 07:32 PM Thread Starter
House of Windsor 4ever!

Garage
P2D: I was unaware I had helped that much. If I ever make it back down to San Dog, you can buy me a beer or two.

Pepe`: I appreciate the offer, but with what's happened, and what work would be ahead of you guys to get that problem rectified, I'd rather you had a plausibly deniable (or deniably plausible?) existence to keep the anti-MMJ craphounds off your @$$.

FE: In ticketing you, your boss (unless you are the boss) should've billed City Hall for $1500, citing the initial repair/service/materials, then cite the time he has to pay you to go to court, hiri g a lawyer to fight the ticket, yadda, yadda, yadda. Make sure the local TV stations are suitably notified by an anonymous caller

MrBollero: thank you...you lucky b*stard.:wink

post #15 of 20 (permalink) Old 06-22-2016, 09:16 PM
Burning out fast...

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Handy_andy_cv64 View Post
Pepe`: I appreciate the offer, but with what's happened, and what work would be ahead of you guys to get that problem rectified, I'd rather you had a plausibly deniable (or deniably plausible?) existence to keep the anti-MMJ craphounds off your @$$.
yea.. my ol' lady works for the post office and they don't take kindly to finding skunky smelling boxes in the mail.
Still... keep on keepin' on brother. It's just what we do!

Last edited by BikerPepe`; 06-22-2016 at 09:18 PM.
post #16 of 20 (permalink) Old 06-22-2016, 10:41 PM
FSM Lifetime

Garage
[QUOTE=Handy_andy_cv64;6070249]P2D: I was unaware I had helped that much. If I ever make it back down to San Dog, you can buy me a beer or two.

FE: In ticketing you, your boss (unless you are the boss) should've billed City Hall for $1500, citing the initial repair/service/materials, then cite the time he has to pay you to go to court, hiri g a lawyer to fight the ticket, yadda, yadda, yadda. Make sure the local TV stations are suitably notified by an anonymous caller
It was my own business, the town hit me for stupid permits, city license and all kinds of charges. By the time I was done I was doing jobs in the red.
post #17 of 20 (permalink) Old 06-23-2016, 12:59 AM Thread Starter
House of Windsor 4ever!

Garage
You are suitably licensed, aren't you? And since you were doing work at City Hall, you should already have had the permits, right? If you had those, they were being d!cks, and you should bill them for it. If not, you'll get your comeuppance, but they show themselves to be manifestly stupid for not verifying your credentials before hiring you.

post #18 of 20 (permalink) Old 06-23-2016, 11:48 PM Thread Starter
House of Windsor 4ever!

Garage
So the cover arrived. I went out to Babe, installed it, and she looks like she hit up Omar the Tent Maker. I wanted to make a sign that said, "SUCK IT, B!TCHES" but I'm sure someone would take exception to it.

post #19 of 20 (permalink) Old 06-24-2016, 01:42 AM
FSM Lifetime

Garage
Quote:
You are suitably licensed, aren't you? And since you were doing work at City Hall, you should already have had the permits, right? If you had those, they were being d!cks, and you should bill them for it. If not, you'll get your comeuppance, but they show themselves to be manifestly stupid for not verifying your credentials before hiring you.
No they are just money hungry crooked Illinois mongers, bleed you like a hog and feed you to the vultures. I had a city license and paid the permit fees before the job along with 3 million liability and workmans comp for a one man operation.
post #20 of 20 (permalink) Old 07-22-2016, 01:50 AM Thread Starter
House of Windsor 4ever!

Garage
Quote:
She looks like she hit up Omar the Tent Maker.
I found out today the cover's actually for a short-bed F150 or Bronco with topper removed. No wonder it was all over Babe like a cheap suit.

Ford Bronco Forum > Other Forums > Anything Else > Let's help our brethren

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Bronco Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. DO NOT USE Gmail.com accounts. If you only have a Gmail.com email please contact the administrator here

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode