here's my ride in progress! - Page 2 - Ford Bronco Forum
 5Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #21 of 482 (permalink) Old 07-31-2008, 08:30 PM

Bronco Info: 1990 RIP...95 in the works.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Polar Cub View Post
You are making me feel so inadequate with my junk.....and I was feeling pretty good about it for a change. Nice looking truck I am looking forward to the udates someday I will get pics of mine up but all these awesome ones arent helping with my motivation. Thanks for sharing and keep us posted.
I feel your pain Jeremy! At least yours has a dez suspension. I'm starting all over again...

GOFASTBRONCOS.COM
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #22 of 482 (permalink) Old 07-31-2008, 08:58 PM Thread Starter

Bronco Info: 84 full sixpoint cage,engine cage,prerunner bumpers,trussed and disc braked 9inch,king coilovers etc
Well to answer your guys questions. (1) the fiberglass hood and quarters are fiberwerx glass.DONT buy bronco glass from them.It needed alot of work.Matter of fact I had to toss there front fenders.My buddy Kevin at extreme motorsports molded me up some new fronts.(2) I have been working on this Forever it seems.Had to put it in storage for 2 years to save up and had other issuses to deal with.Probably 6 years believe it or not.(3) didnt cut and turn the beams.Instead we built from scratch or own heavy duty and braced where possible drop brackets.4 inch drop. May go with wider cut beams later.Not big priority.
post #23 of 482 (permalink) Old 07-31-2008, 09:02 PM Thread Starter

Bronco Info: 84 full sixpoint cage,engine cage,prerunner bumpers,trussed and disc braked 9inch,king coilovers etc
Patients grasshopper! Good things come to those who wait.Believe me this project has been a real test of my patients and determination.

post #24 of 482 (permalink) Old 07-31-2008, 10:09 PM

Bronco Info: 1989 351w AT. purchased as salvage, to be used as a chase truck for a class 7 toyota.
Looks good!

Whereabouts in Oregon are you?

Lurking.......
post #25 of 482 (permalink) Old 08-01-2008, 12:32 AM

Bronco Info: 1984 Go-Fast Bronco prerunne
Looks very nice. I'm jelous you are ahead of me in my build. I'm so close, yet so far away. The stupid little stuff takes too much time.

Fandrich Performance Fabrication
(909) 615-6869
post #26 of 482 (permalink) Old 08-01-2008, 12:40 AM
Engineer

Bronco Info: 95 Eddie Bauer
Sweet rig, keep up the good work

1995 Ford Bronco Eddie Bauer 351W 2.5" RC Front Lift. JBG 3" Rear Springs. 17" M/T Classic III's and 285/70/17 Toyo Open Country A/T II, 4.56 gears trac-loc f/r. Street Toy
post #27 of 482 (permalink) Old 08-01-2008, 08:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Devinsbroncoissues View Post
Looks good!

Whereabouts in Oregon are you?
He's in Canby!

post #28 of 482 (permalink) Old 08-01-2008, 01:24 PM Thread Starter

Yikes is correct.Canby,Ore. is where I reside.I have been to Baja one time.And I rode a XR650 almost 500 miles on parts of the baja 1000 course.Went out to Mikes Sky Ranch and stayed over night there.Had some Cervesa,s. Awesome riding and had a blast.We were hauling A#$ too.Did a baja tour through Trailboss tours.
post #29 of 482 (permalink) Old 08-01-2008, 01:31 PM

Bronco Info: 1990 RIP...95 in the works.
Quote:
Originally Posted by yogib View Post
Yikes is correct.Canby,Ore. is where I reside.I have been to Baja one time.And I rode a XR650 almost 500 miles on parts of the baja 1000 course.Went out to Mikes Sky Ranch and stayed over night there.Had some Cervesa,s. Awesome riding and had a blast.We were hauling A#$ too.Did a baja tour through Trailboss tours.
Wow small world. My wifes Aunt and Uncle live in Canby. Very beautiful place!

GOFASTBRONCOS.COM
post #30 of 482 (permalink) Old 08-01-2008, 03:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brokenbronco View Post
Wow small world. My wifes Aunt and Uncle live in Canby. Very beautiful place!
Ha! I grew up there Nick. Small world.

post #31 of 482 (permalink) Old 08-01-2008, 04:18 PM

Bronco Info: 84 351w C6, Autofab suspension
And I know a guy that grew up there and another that has in-laws there. Crazy!
post #32 of 482 (permalink) Old 08-01-2008, 06:42 PM Thread Starter

Wow Canby is a small town thats pretty amazing.I actually grew up in a super small town south of Canby about 40 miles.Scio Ore.
post #33 of 482 (permalink) Old 08-01-2008, 07:21 PM Thread Starter

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C3cb1p5Ewso VIDEO of Scotts Bronco. A good friend of mine Kevin did most of the work on this bronco.Hes the one that helped me build mine.Scott got first at Yerrington.I met Scott and sent him to kevin to build him a awesome race machine. Heres some pics of the Bronco. http://westcoastbroncos.broncobullet...s.php?album=51 Hes from Corvallis Ore.
post #34 of 482 (permalink) Old 08-01-2008, 07:40 PM

Bronco Info: 95xlt 351 35" Wranglers, JBA headers, camburg/autofab front suspension, deavers in the rear
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brokenbronco View Post
I feel your pain Jeremy! At least yours has a dez suspension. I'm starting all over again...
Thanks nick, the suspension up front feels pretty good, possibly a little soft still. I need to spend some more time playing but the rear feels much better with the change up front. I am on the fence I think the compression needs to be a little stiffer still. Funny though since i was used to havving a dual setup just having a shock on the front has changed things as well, I think I am going to run a 10" 2.5 triple bypass behind the bucket and bumps I think that will lock the front up really well. Now I am debating going spring under in the rear or two link... not sure yet.
Yogi, thats a nice video the bronco told me that what it wants to be when it grows up.....again you leave me feeling very inadequate of course I think if I didnt have to drive it home I could push much harder on it. Again thanks for sharing.
Jeremy
post #35 of 482 (permalink) Old 08-02-2008, 03:41 PM

Bronco Info: 1993 F150
Quote:
Looks like a fun rig! Changing the steering ratio might make for a much more enjoyable race vehicle. And when he starts going REALLY fast having to turn the steering wheel that much is just asking for trouble. For crawling it's ok to have a box that needs 4 turns from lock to lock... on a high speed race vehicle it's not ideal.

Aloha
post #36 of 482 (permalink) Old 08-02-2008, 04:04 PM

is the cv boot sitting in the back going to be used to seal up where the shocks come through the cab in the rear????

also: i'm with you on fiberwerx. stay away.
post #37 of 482 (permalink) Old 08-02-2008, 05:37 PM

Bronco Info: 84 351w C6, Autofab suspension
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeff@PLC View Post
Looks like a fun rig! Changing the steering ratio might make for a much more enjoyable race vehicle. And when he starts going REALLY fast having to turn the steering wheel that much is just asking for trouble. For crawling it's ok to have a box that needs 4 turns from lock to lock... on a high speed race vehicle it's not ideal.
The stock ratio sucks on the street too...
post #38 of 482 (permalink) Old 08-02-2008, 06:41 PM

Bronco Info: 1993 XLT 351 OJ, 33 tires, 2 in lift, 3 in exhaust
that's sick dude
post #39 of 482 (permalink) Old 08-02-2008, 09:25 PM
Billdo

Bronco Info: 93 xlt, D60 sas, 10.25 rear, 5.13s, ARBs, 39.5 Iroks, custom stains in the back
Quote:
Wow Canby is a small town thats pretty amazing.I actually grew up in a super small town south of Canby about 40 miles.Scio Ore.
we played canby in the state football playoffs, go oregon!

post #40 of 482 (permalink) Old 08-04-2008, 11:37 AM Thread Starter

Thats not a CV boot but a shifter boot for a semi truck.And yes that will be going around the shock to seal the hole.As far as Scotts bronco steering.Kevin built him from scratch a custom equal length steering arm setup with idler on passenger side.With H&M heims instead of ball joints.It doesnt get much better than that unless you go Howe. Which what he has is fine for his race rig.I would wonder how it would help him if he ran a rear sway bar setup though.Hes running deavers,and extended shackles.If he had a sway bar in the rear that might help the body roll,and wouldnt have to steer as much to compensate for it.

Ford Bronco Forum > Bronco Discussions > BroncoSpeed

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Bronco Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. DO NOT USE Gmail.com accounts. If you only have a Gmail.com email please contact the administrator here

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode