Utah BroncoSpeed - Page 13 - Ford Bronco Forum
 6Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #241 of 262 (permalink) Old 10-10-2015, 12:57 PM Thread Starter
Utah Broncospeed

Bronco Info: '96 XL 5.0L/E4OD @ 170,000! - AutoFab 16" System, SAW Shocks, Goodyear SilentArmor 35x12.50-15
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by JBfab View Post
Do you remember what they rocked you to do the undercarrage? It looks good and is something i would like to look into. Also the cage looks awesome, i love that its wrapped to match. Is that something you did yourself or had done. Also is it just normal auto carpet?

...18 months later...

The cost for the undercarriage detailing (sand blasting, masking, painting, detailing, etc.) came to $1390.00. So far, it has held up great, and all that sealing has even eliminated some of the bleed through rust that I am getting on my RR wheel well arch.

So, yeah, it was expensive, but the protection it offers has been outstanding. If it seals up and beautifies the chassis' of Peterbilts and Freightliners, then it should serve me well on my little old Bronco.

Now for some additional updates on my ICE and the dual remote oil filter system project...

Stay-tuned.

Brad - KF6PSL
Sandy (Salt Lake City), Utah
1996 XL 5.0L/E4OD Preunnner/Chase Truck by Utah's Ojive Industries (HoleShotOffroad) & dp custom fab
Autofab, Mastercraft, RaceRunner, Bassani & Magnaflow, Hella, General Grabber, American Racing, Yukon, Eaton TT, Advanced ACS, PATC, FRPP, Accel, SONY/Kicker/Massive...

http://www.fullsizebronco.com/forum/...d.php?t=146007
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #242 of 262 (permalink) Old 10-10-2015, 02:14 PM Thread Starter
Utah Broncospeed

Bronco Info: '96 XL 5.0L/E4OD @ 170,000! - AutoFab 16" System, SAW Shocks, Goodyear SilentArmor 35x12.50-15
Garage
ICE (In-Car Entertainment) Install Update...

This last spring, I had a car stereo local shop (Drive In Audiosound, Murray, Utah) install my new stereo in my Bronco, consisting of:
  • Head Unit: Sony #MEX-GS810BT AM/FM/CD HD BT Radio
  • Amplifier: Massive Audio #BX4 (4 x 120W) 'Nano BiT' Amp
  • F Door Speakers: Kicker #DS65 (6.75" 2-way oversized)
  • R Speakers: Kicker #DS693 (6x9 3-way...modified to fit the OEM 6x8 openings)
...and I couldn't be happier. The new "quiet" interior combined with the Massive Audio 120W/channel amplifier and those Kickers...resulted in a total transformation of the interior.

I wanted an HD radio, and when I heard about this particular model from Sony, I waited for almost a year before it was released late last Fall to the USA...and I am glad I waited. The HD radio is just great, and since I listen to a lot of FM (classic rock, jazz), and even a fair amount of talk radio, it was well worth the wait to get THAT model with just the features I wanted.

I purchased the radio from Crutchfield (got the extra Metra installation kit and wiring harness for free,) and James at Drive In Audiosound put it all together with a Scosche amp installation kit, mounted the Massive Audio amp up underneath the dash...securely...and then adjusted the audio levels to produce some amazing sound.

Cost:
  • Sony MEX-GS810BT Radio: $240 (Crutchfield...included free Metra #70-1770 wiring harness, and Metra #30-5512C faceplate kit)
  • Massive BX4 Amp: $250 (Drive In Audiosound)
  • Scosche E-1000 4 Ga. Amp Kit w/ RCA cables: $70.00 (Drive In Audiosound)
  • Speakers: Kicker speakers (4): $108 (Amazon)
  • Installation: $257

Total: ~$925.00

Next project update...Dual Remote Oil Filter install...
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Sony MEX-GS810BT Radio.jpg
Views:	130
Size:	54.8 KB
ID:	66210   Click image for larger version

Name:	Massive Audio #BX4 Amp (4x120W).jpg
Views:	141
Size:	21.4 KB
ID:	66218   Click image for larger version

Name:	2015.10.10 11.54_Pro.jpg
Views:	122
Size:	168.8 KB
ID:	66226   Click image for larger version

Name:	Sony MEX-GS810BT Radio in Bronco (3) 800x600.jpg
Views:	132
Size:	143.0 KB
ID:	66234  

Brad - KF6PSL
1996 XL 5.0L/E4OD Preunnner/Chase Truck by Utah's Ojive Industries (HoleShotOffroad) & dp custom fab
Autofab, Mastercraft, RaceRunner, Bassani & Magnaflow, Hella, General Grabber, American Racing, Yukon, Eaton TT, Advanced ACS, PATC, FRPP, Accel, SONY/Kicker/Massive...

post #243 of 262 (permalink) Old 10-10-2015, 02:50 PM Thread Starter
Utah Broncospeed

Garage
Dual Remote Oil Filter Install

After wanting to do this for years now (and eliminate...permanently the messy oil filter changes with the stock filter location...grrrr...), I had one of my local performance shops, Addit 2 Your Toy here in Sandy, UT, do the install of a complete dual remote oil filter system a few weeks back...

The new system included:
  • Derale/TransDapt #1030 Dual Remote Filter Mount (for FL-1A sized filters)
  • Earl's #1178 Remote Filter Adapter
  • Misc. Earl's Flare Fittings & Hose Ends (-10AN)
  • Braided SS Hose (-10AN)
  • Motorcraft FL-1A Filters (2 EA) [to be replaced with a pair of the yellow Purolator #PL30001 'Pure One' filters at next oil change...]
And Joe, the owner of Addit (a Vietnam Vet with the 101st Abn Div...) did a great job (as usual.). I had him install the remote mount where the old OEM air box was located, and after fabricating a mounting pad (and re-securing the old radiator overflow/windshield washer fluid tanks), everything came together like a charm. Joe used Earl's -10AN fittings instead of the Jegs, but other than that, everything went as planned.

After a two minor leaks were fixed: 1.) Where the -10 flare fitting went into the remote mount, and 2.) A minor "oozing" leak on the top of the Derale dual remote mount (yes, oil was actually seeping through the top of the casting along where the ribs are...through some small fissures obviously due to poor casting techniques and quality control...hmmmm) by using some marine-grade JB Weld (which is the dark grey filler you see on the top of the filter pad), all is well!

Now oil changes are a snap...no fuss, no muss! That, and I've increase my oil capacity by at least a quart (the second oil filter + the added capacity within the hoses themselves), and have a nice way to route a remote oil filter, AND install an oil pressure sending unit too!

Some pictures...

(Next project...installation of my Bassani #50150BC headers!)
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	Earls #1178 Billet Oil Filter Adapter.jpg
Views:	142
Size:	74.7 KB
ID:	66242   Click image for larger version

Name:	TransDapt #1030 Remote Dual Filter Mount.jpg
Views:	135
Size:	78.9 KB
ID:	66250   Click image for larger version

Name:	Ford Bronco Oil Filter Relocation Project v2.0 11-28-14.jpg
Views:	177
Size:	107.9 KB
ID:	66258   Click image for larger version

Name:	Bronco Remote Oil Filter Install Oct 2015 (1).jpg
Views:	170
Size:	178.0 KB
ID:	66266   Click image for larger version

Name:	Bronco Remote Oil Filter Install Oct 2015 (2).jpg
Views:	152
Size:	171.0 KB
ID:	66274  

Name:	Bronco Remote Oil Filter Install Oct 2015 (3).jpg
Views:	158
Size:	145.1 KB
ID:	66282  

Brad - KF6PSL

post #244 of 262 (permalink) Old 10-12-2015, 04:22 PM

Bronco Info: 1996 XL 5.0 5 speed
Love seeing this thread get back to the top of page, means something cool was done to the Bronco. Looks great Brad!
post #245 of 262 (permalink) Old 10-13-2015, 07:51 AM

Bronco Info: 1979 Bronco
If you have problems with the filter mount you are using now, I would change to one from Hamburger. It is a true dual filter system. The filter mount you are using is the typical parallel filter setup. Oil is flowing thru both filters at the same time. Problem with this is that the filters have a bypass valve built in that will open and allow unfiltered oil to the engine.

The hamburger mount puts the filters in series so that oil flows from one oil filter then to the next. If the first filter becomes dirty and the bypass valve opens the oil is still filtered by the 2nd filter.

I always run Motorcraft or Napa oil filters. They have been tested time and time again and the bypass valve on these filters opens at a higher pressure plus the surface area is larger in these filters.

When I say bypass valve pressure I am talking about the pressure loss across the filter. Most valves open at than 10PSI difference between pressure in and pressure out.

For Ford filters use 3310:
http://www.hamburgersperformance.com...location-Units

Last edited by Hillbilly Heaven; 10-13-2015 at 12:27 PM. Reason: Added link
post #246 of 262 (permalink) Old 10-13-2015, 12:01 PM

Bronco Info: 1990 XLT 351/E4OD 4" lift, 35" GB AT2, Yukon Duragrip rear
Garage
I love this idea! I think I will add the duel filter to my mod list.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AFBronco235 View Post
Welcome to FSB, the only addiction help group that encourages the addiction.
Build Thread
post #247 of 262 (permalink) Old 10-13-2015, 04:20 PM Thread Starter
Utah Broncospeed

Garage
Thumbs up Dual Remote Oil Filter Install - Follow-Up...

Quote:
Originally Posted by ct77 View Post
Love seeing this thread get back to the top of page, means something cool was done to the Bronco. Looks great Brad!
Thanks ct77!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hillbilly Heaven View Post
If you have problems with the filter mount you are using now, I would change to one from Hamburger. It is a true dual filter system. The filter mount you are using is the typical parallel filter setup. Oil is flowing thru both filters at the same time. Problem with this is that the filters have a bypass valve built in that will open and allow unfiltered oil to the engine. The hamburger mount puts the filters in series so that oil flows from one oil filter then to the next. If the first filter becomes dirty and the bypass valve opens the oil is still filtered by the 2nd filter.
Thanks HH, and I actually looked at that beautiful billet Hamburger dual filter mount when I developed the oil leak in the Derale unit last week. I too thought it would be a good idea, but then realized it was serial flow instead of parallel flow...and I wanted the parallel flow. I don't want to get to the point where one filter may get clogged to the point where the bypass opens up...allowing the other filter to take over. Just personal preference, I guess.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hillbilly Heaven
I always run Motorcraft or Napa oil filters. They have been tested time and time again and the bypass valve on these filters opens at a higher pressure plus the surface area is larger in these filters. When I say bypass valve pressure I am talking about the pressure loss across the filter. Most valves open at than 10PSI difference between pressure in and pressure out.
I have used Motorcraft filters too (as you saw above in the photos), almost exclusively, but recently decided to make the switch over to Purolator Pure Ones. IIRC, the Pure One PL30001 and the FL-1A are exactly the same filter (same 400 sq. in. of filter area, same dimensions, same ADBV...for all intents and purposes.) I read it here (http://www.austincc.edu/wkibbe/oilfilterstudy.htm) a long time ago. Maybe I'll just buy whichever one is less expensive...or maybe even try the newer Pure One #PSL30001 with the synthetic filtering media! Woooooooo!

http://www.purolatorautofilters.net/...ilFilters.aspx

BTW, I am running Mobil 1 High-Mileage full synthetic 10W30 in the 302...in case anyone wanted to know.

At one point I thought about even switching over to the high capacity version of the FL-1A, the FL-299...pictured below (along with a few additional 'over-sized' alternatives.) But from where I have the current filter pad installed, I don't think I have room now for a 7" tall filter! BTW, the Motorcraft FL-299 measures in at 7.5" tall x 4" in diameter.

And there is also the "Ginganto" version of the FL-1A, by Wix, the #51714. Its a big boy! 7.6" tall, and 4.7" in diameter! (also pictured below...)

Interesting oil filter site: http://www.oilfilterdata.com/ (but is missing info on the FL-1A...hmmmm)

Thanks again for the feedback!

Quote:
Originally Posted by tonygz88 View Post
I love this idea! I think I will add the dual filter to my mod list.
Thanks tonygz88. I think it's cheap insurance...although it was over $400 installed. Fairly easy mod...and if you can do all the work yourself, even less expensive!

Attached Thumbnails

Name:	Motorcraft FL-1A Alternatives.jpg
Views:	107
Size:	82.0 KB
ID:	66370   Click image for larger version

Name:	Wix 51714 'Giganto' Oil Filter.jpg
Views:	104
Size:	8.8 KB
ID:	66378  

Brad - KF6PSL

post #248 of 262 (permalink) Old 10-13-2015, 04:52 PM

Bronco Info: 96 5.8 4x4 2 inch lift springs up front, 33 inch Toyo Open Country MT
Just a curious question how much oil do you need to use now that it has 2 filters and the extra line to fill? close to 7 or 8 quarts i would think?

Edit: just re read the post and saw

White 1996 Bronco 5.8 4X4 2inch lift springs up front, sitting on 33x12.5x15 Toyo Open Country M/T's with 15x10 Method Double Standards
120 inches of LED light bar good for 100,000 lumens!!
post #249 of 262 (permalink) Old 10-13-2015, 05:20 PM Thread Starter
Utah Broncospeed

Garage
Question New Oil Capacity?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matco View Post
Just a curious question how much oil do you need to use now that it has 2 filters and the extra line to fill? close to 7 or 8 quarts i would think?

Edit: just re read the post and saw
Matco...you know, I am not actually 100% sure.

The reason I say that is that I wanted to perform my first full blown oil change in a few weeks and see what it really takes to fill both remote filters AND the crankcase to the dipstick fill line. This particular 302 normally took 5 qts. total to top it off (after running it, and then letting it drip back down for awhile to check the level.) The reason I say that is that I've read here on FSB.com that other 302's in the mid to late 90's took a full 6 quarts. Not mine.

So I'll answer your question in a few when I do a full oil change...as it has been two years since my last full change (but only 4000 miles on the vehicle since then...)

Brad - KF6PSL

post #250 of 262 (permalink) Old 10-13-2015, 06:37 PM

Bronco Info: 96 5.8 4x4 2 inch lift springs up front, 33 inch Toyo Open Country MT
Sounds good. Beautiful Bronco by the way
denhabr likes this.

White 1996 Bronco 5.8 4X4 2inch lift springs up front, sitting on 33x12.5x15 Toyo Open Country M/T's with 15x10 Method Double Standards
120 inches of LED light bar good for 100,000 lumens!!
post #251 of 262 (permalink) Old 10-25-2015, 02:21 PM Thread Starter
Utah Broncospeed

Garage
Post Bassani Header Installation...3.5 Years in the Making!

After purchasing the Bassani #50150BC headers and then hanging them in my garage for the last 3.5 years ...just "waiting for the right day..." I finally got them installed by my local Master Muffler shop, and their top technician/fabricator Don.

They went on fairly easily, but they encountered some minor challenges during the process:

• Spring buckets/shock towers, AACS air filter/MAF tubing/mounts, and shock tower cross bar impeded progress by limiting easy and open access from the top side of the engine
  • The coupling flares on the down pipes weren't 'flared' enough to cover the end of the Bassani collectors, necessitating some new down pipes
  • ...but that actually turned out OK, as the shop knew they had to weld in new oxygen sensor bungs just below the flare (as the Bassani 501050BC headers do not have the O2 bung welded into the collector as delivered from the factory), and having new downpipes allowed for easier welding
  • The passenger side header was seriously close to the frame and the starter...almost necessitating a small frame notch near one of the primary tubes (I still may have them do that as the clearance is about 1/8th of an inch)
  • The passenger side header also came near the RF wheel brake line (as the line was relocated slightly when the Autofab suspension was installed)...so that was slightly modified to add a few more inches of clearance...and I will most likely put a heat shield wrap on the brake line and a thermal blanket wrap on the starter...just in case
  • Will need to figure out how to secure the top end of the dipstick, as the bracket it once bolted to is now gone

So far, the engine runs great, no CEL, and is no louder than before. However, I think I have to get through that "OBDII drive cycle" to get it to be ready for for my Utah State emissions and safety inspection next month (and once all the sensors are 'calibrated', the CEL won't come on!)

Here are some pictures of the headers when I bought them in February of 2012, then installed, and the OEM cast iron exhaust manifolds that came off the Bronco. Note the small 1.75" opening at the outlet to the cast iron manifold (pictures to follow in next posting!)
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	Bassani 50150BC Headers (17).JPG
Views:	88
Size:	256.6 KB
ID:	66658   Click image for larger version

Name:	Bassani Header Install 10-24-2015 (2).jpg
Views:	93
Size:	169.0 KB
ID:	66666   Click image for larger version

Name:	Bassani Header Install 10-24-2015 (3).jpg
Views:	85
Size:	192.5 KB
ID:	66674   Click image for larger version

Name:	Bassani Header Install 10-24-2015 (7).jpg
Size:	181.7 KB
ID:	66682   Click image for larger version

Name:	Bassani Header Install 10-24-2015 (8).jpg
Size:	165.8 KB
ID:	66690  

Name:	Bassani Header Install 10-24-2015 (9).jpg
Views:	89
Size:	188.3 KB
ID:	66698   Click image for larger version

Name:	Ford Bronco Exhaust Manifolds 10-25-2015 (1).jpg
Views:	90
Size:	210.0 KB
ID:	66762  

Brad - KF6PSL

post #252 of 262 (permalink) Old 10-25-2015, 02:24 PM Thread Starter
Utah Broncospeed

Garage
OEM 96 Bronco Exhaust Manifolds...

...in case anyone is interested:
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	Ford Bronco Exhaust Manifolds 10-25-2015 (2).jpg
Size:	190.2 KB
ID:	66770   Click image for larger version

Name:	Ford Bronco Exhaust Manifolds 10-25-2015 (3).jpg
Views:	82
Size:	196.5 KB
ID:	66778   Click image for larger version

Name:	Ford Bronco Exhaust Manifolds 10-25-2015 (4).jpg
Views:	80
Size:	160.6 KB
ID:	66786   Click image for larger version

Name:	Ford Bronco Exhaust Manifolds 10-25-2015 (7).jpg
Views:	81
Size:	139.4 KB
ID:	66794   Click image for larger version

Name:	Ford Bronco Exhaust Manifolds 10-25-2015 (8).jpg
Views:	70
Size:	156.1 KB
ID:	66802  

Name:	Ford Bronco Exhaust Manifolds 10-25-2015 (10).jpg
Views:	76
Size:	176.0 KB
ID:	66810   Click image for larger version

Name:	Ford Bronco Exhaust Manifolds 10-25-2015 (11).jpg
Size:	147.7 KB
ID:	66818  

Brad - KF6PSL

post #253 of 262 (permalink) Old 10-25-2015, 04:08 PM Thread Starter
Utah Broncospeed

Garage
Latest Glamour Photos...

Attached Thumbnails

Name:	Brad's Bronco October 2015 (1).jpg
Views:	157
Size:	155.3 KB
ID:	66938   Click image for larger version

Name:	Brad's Bronco October 2015 (2).jpg
Views:	86
Size:	129.3 KB
ID:	66946   Click image for larger version

Name:	Brad's Bronco October 2015 (3).jpg
Size:	166.8 KB
ID:	66954   Click image for larger version

Name:	Brad's Bronco October 2015 (4).jpg
Views:	82
Size:	174.5 KB
ID:	66962  

Brad - KF6PSL

post #254 of 262 (permalink) Old 10-27-2015, 07:32 PM Thread Starter
Utah Broncospeed

Garage
Wink My Nephew's S-10 'Prerunner'

I thought I would boast about my nephew, Drake, who recently built himself pre-runner out of his 2003 Chevy (I know I know...) S-10 pick-up.

He did all the fabrication call by himself...self-taught welding and fab skills (yes, thanks to YouTube), and leveraged some C4Fabworks Stage 1 Long Travel F system with shackles/leafs in the rear. Pretty proud of him...and very jealous as I would have LOVED to have been able to do that when I was 15 years old...and yes, he started this when he was 15...and of course ALL of his motivation came from MY Utah Broncospeed!

Now that he is 16, he can now drive it around the hills of Sugar Hill, GA as probably the only pre-runner for at least 2-3 states in any direction! Pretty much the BMOC at his high school with this truck too! Just need to talk his dad (my brother) into buying him a tubing bender for Christmas (square stock and fabricated curves leave a lot to be desired...but hey, it's his first project.) Future plans are a 383 SBC to replace the 4-banger, and a Dana 60 rear axle. I told him he better build himself a safety cage real soon!

Now, I just have to convince my brother - who has a very nice early 2000's F-250 Super-Duty 2WD SWB Club Cab diesel - to convert THAT into a long-travel pre-runner..something akin to Greg Foutz's old Class 8 (#8110) stock race truck from 1999 (Foutz Motorsports "Stock Full" F-250 Super Duty @ Off-Road.com see photo below.) His gold F-250 is in the background with the USMC front plate. Hell, it already has the TIB front suspension!

OK, sorry for the detour...back to Broncos now...
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	Drake's Prerunner (1).jpg
Views:	79
Size:	191.7 KB
ID:	67050   Click image for larger version

Name:	Drake's Prerunner (2).jpg
Size:	182.8 KB
ID:	67058   Click image for larger version

Name:	Drake's Prerunner (4).jpg
Views:	71
Size:	189.7 KB
ID:	67066   Click image for larger version

Name:	Foutz Motorsports Race Truck 2.jpg
Views:	66
Size:	15.5 KB
ID:	67074  

Brad - KF6PSL

post #255 of 262 (permalink) Old 09-29-2016, 10:25 PM Thread Starter
Utah Broncospeed

Garage
Thumbs up Broncosaurus Gets New Socks and Shoes!

Just spent some buckaroos on new wheels and tires for the Utah Broncospeed!

• American Racing AR-23 wheels (4), #AR235885, 15" X 8", 5 ON 5.5, from Jack's Discount Wheels (and Free Lugs!) on Amazon.com for $91.5/wheel!
  • General Grabber Red Letters...35x12.50-15, $189/ea plus all the other 'fees'
  • Wheelmate #33004U Monster Open End Lug Nut (Set of 20) 1/2-20 Thread BLUE

Pics attached! Can't wait to get these off road and try them out!

Ohhh...and I'm going to the Off Road Expo in Pomona this weekend too! Woo-Hoo! Flying down to Burbank in the AM with the better half, hitting Universal Studios on Friday, and the ORE on Saturday!

Next update will be on my ham radio installation that I did back in August!

73's...

KF6PSL
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	IMAG1970.jpg
Views:	28
Size:	276.6 KB
ID:	86946   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMAG1973.jpg
Views:	35
Size:	143.4 KB
ID:	86954   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMAG1974.jpg
Views:	40
Size:	153.6 KB
ID:	86962   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMAG1975.jpg
Views:	36
Size:	157.0 KB
ID:	86970   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMAG1976.jpg
Views:	41
Size:	226.4 KB
ID:	86978  

Brad - KF6PSL

post #256 of 262 (permalink) Old 12-17-2016, 01:28 PM

Bronco Info: 78 Bronco Custom 400m project stalled and 96 Bronco XLT
Just read the whole build thread. Great work and Awesome truck. For an update can I ask if you ever figured out where to mount the oil dipstick after the header install? My dipstick has also been flopping around since I installed my Bassani headers this summer too.
denhabr likes this.

96 Bronco XLT 5.8L w/ Bassani headers, Y pipe, full stainless 3" exhaust, 6" lift, 3" body lift, 38" Toyo MT's on 16" Mickey Thompson wheels, and 78 Bronco Custom 400M that needs a lot of work
post #257 of 262 (permalink) Old 12-17-2016, 02:38 PM Thread Starter
Utah Broncospeed

Garage
Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bronco Fan78 View Post
Just read the whole build thread. Great work and Awesome truck. For an update can I ask if you ever figured out where to mount the oil dipstick after the header install? My dipstick has also been flopping around since I installed my Bassani headers this summer too.
Hey Bronco Fan78, thanks for the nice comments!

And no, I have not figured out how to fix the upper portion of the dipstick. Mine is still slightly loose and wobbles a bit, but I'm pretty sure it isn't going anywhere soon. The muffler shop that did the work secured it with some zip ties to nearby brackets, but that is about it.

If you come up with an idea, please publish it! I think when I do the engine rebuild (331 stroker,) I'll have a fabricator fashion up a metal strap that will secure it...maybe over to the mount where the coil is located.

Brad - KF6PSL

post #258 of 262 (permalink) Old 01-09-2017, 05:22 PM

Bronco Info: 1988 Bronco Custom 5.0
Garage
Love this build! Looking fwd to more updates
denhabr likes this.
post #259 of 262 (permalink) Old 01-26-2017, 10:51 PM Thread Starter
Utah Broncospeed

Garage
Thanks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by dstheman View Post
Love this build! Looking fwd to more updates
Thanks dstheman! More updates on the way.

Seems as if I have a battery problem...and it's a new EverstartMAXX battery too! Something is draining the battery over the course of a week, and I suspect it is my ham radio that I installed last August. Have to get to the bottom of this, but will wait for the weather to get better.

Maybe it's time to buy a 5w solar battery tender from NOCO (#BLSOLAR5), or a 10w version from Battery Tender #021-1164 to keep the battery topped off during the week.

But for now, too much snow and too dang cold here now.

Brad - KF6PSL

post #260 of 262 (permalink) Old Yesterday, 02:56 PM Thread Starter
Utah Broncospeed

Garage
Cool Glamour Shots...

Just washed and photos taken of my new'ish AR23 wheels and General Red Letters, 35x12.50R15...

Now I need to go get it dirty!

Today I'm starting my center console design, and will soon kick off it's fabrication, and then install of my two Ham radios (Kenwood TM-V7A 2M/440 and Ranger RCI-2950 10M), along with some gauges from GlowShift...and of course an assortment of cup holders...natch!

Gotta' get all this done before I head up to support the Idaho Rally International (Rally idahorally.com) up near Boise as a Special Stage Comms Captain in early June, and the Kat'cina Mosa 100KM Mountain Run (Kat?cina Mosa Homepage | Mountain Oasis Adventure Runs) ultra marathon through the Wasatch Mountains above Provo, UT as a Aid Station Comms support in early August!

(I'm still considering a flush mount gated shifter from Art Carr/Winters (#337-1, E4OD regular pattern) for the center console...but...I still haven't made up my mind on that. Besides, how would I route the OD button from the stalk? I guess folks just move the toggle to the dash... E4OD Shifter - GoFastBroncos.com)
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	96 Broncospeed New Generals & AR23s (4) Smaller.jpg
Views:	4
Size:	241.4 KB
ID:	99865   Click image for larger version

Name:	96 Broncospeed New Generals & AR23s (2) (smaller).jpg
Views:	2
Size:	298.3 KB
ID:	99873   Click image for larger version

Name:	96 Broncospeed New Generals & AR23s (3) (smaller).jpg
Views:	3
Size:	252.6 KB
ID:	99881   Click image for larger version

Name:	Art Carr Winters #337-1 (2).jpg
Size:	219.7 KB
ID:	99897   Click image for larger version

Name:	GlowShift MaxTow Oil Press #MT-DV04.jpg
Size:	100.5 KB
ID:	99905  

Name:	GlowShift MaxTow Voltage #MT-DV05.jpg
Size:	96.1 KB
ID:	99913   Click image for larger version

Name:	GlowShift MaxTow Water Temp #MT-DV06.jpg
Views:	4
Size:	104.9 KB
ID:	99921  
Hillbilly Heaven likes this.

Brad - KF6PSL

Ford Bronco Forum > Bronco Discussions > BroncoSpeed

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Bronco Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. DO NOT USE Gmail.com accounts. If you only have a Gmail.com email please contact the administrator here

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode