Cambridge/Solo or what TTB lift? - Ford Bronco Forum
 4Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 26 (permalink) Old 12-21-2015, 07:58 PM Thread Starter
FSM Lifetime

Bronco Info: 1978 Round headlight, 351M,C6, 9", 44/1991, 445 FE, t19, 205, Dana 60/70, MAF, Moet's
Garage
Cambridge/Solo or what TTB lift?

Here is what I got, some pretty stout HP (about 500) and I want lots of travel with 33" tires. I am not going to rock crawl but want a decent suspension for snow and trail use. It will see a lot of road use also along with some steep off road hill climbing so high speed manners are important. I am thinking urethane pivots with Johnny Joints on extended track bars and 3" extended traction beams rotated for 4" lift. Will a 44 carrier hold up or di I need a 50? And which company would give me the most bang for the buck on the beams? Also I am thinking of using RCV CV axles.
CDA 455 and OFRBronc like this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 26 (permalink) Old 12-22-2015, 11:53 AM

Bronco Info: 84 full sixpoint cage,engine cage,prerunner bumpers,trussed and disc braked 9inch,king coilovers etc
35" seem to be the most popular size tire with bronco,s. I like the rcv axle idea. The 44 axle seems to be fine up to a 37" tire with liberal (common sense) driving. Solo guys are good from what I hear. There is Threat motorsports also. 4" lift you will want 35" tires. Mine has 4" lift. You should have the beams boxed when they are worked over. most do this. Deaver springs out back j40 or Q80 depends on how soft you want it.
post #3 of 26 (permalink) Old 12-22-2015, 08:28 PM
Engineer

Bronco Info: 95 Eddie Bauer
Where did you get 500hp?

1995 Ford Bronco Eddie Bauer 351W 2.5" RC Front Lift. JBG 3" Rear Springs. 17" M/T Classic III's and 285/70/17 Toyo Open Country A/T II, 4.56 gears trac-loc f/r. Street Toy

post #4 of 26 (permalink) Old 12-24-2015, 07:34 PM Thread Starter
FSM Lifetime

Bronco Info: 1978 Round headlight, 351M,C6, 9", 44/1991, 445 FE, t19, 205, Dana 60/70, MAF, Moet's
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by ToddACimer View Post
Where did you get 500hp?
I am getting 500 HP from a big block FE 445, I actually was originally building it war drag- road race but had to sell off my Comet. Originally I was going to do more port work for 350 CFM intake ports but I am leaving them alone giving me about 290 @ .500 lift. I am going to change the cam also from what I have now.
post #5 of 26 (permalink) Old 12-24-2015, 07:38 PM Thread Starter
FSM Lifetime

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by yogib View Post
35" seem to be the most popular size tire with bronco,s. I like the rcv axle idea. The 44 axle seems to be fine up to a 37" tire with liberal (common sense) driving. Solo guys are good from what I hear. There is Threat motorsports also. 4" lift you will want 35" tires. Mine has 4" lift. You should have the beams boxed when they are worked over. most do this. Deaver springs out back j40 or Q80 depends on how soft you want it.
If I go to a soft Deaver spring with tons of droop does that also make for lots of axle wrap? I'll check out the Threat stuff thanks!
post #6 of 26 (permalink) Old 12-26-2015, 01:21 AM

Bronco Info: 93 EB 5.8 built e4od 4in c&t lift sag pump red head box
Garage
i love my solo lift with q80 springs I'm running 35s had monster build me a e4od and just using the bilsteins in stock location just one of them up front. and i have thrashed on it from flying down power line roads in the desert to some pretty rough trails to some rock crawling. the ride on the street is better then most of the new trucks i have rode in. Bobby is a stand up guy actual drove to cali to pick my lift up. watched his crew do the cut and turn. while i waited since he didn't have a set of beams ready (i didn't call ahead just showed up ).
dash_cam and OFRBronc like this.

93 EB 5.8 monster e4od 4in cut and turned lift from solo motorsports pro comp coils deaver q80 rear springs sag swap red head steering bilstein shocks sparco buckets seats 35 bfg ats
post #7 of 26 (permalink) Old 12-27-2015, 02:29 PM

Bronco Info: 84 full sixpoint cage,engine cage,prerunner bumpers,trussed and disc braked 9inch,king coilovers etc
yes axle wrap can be a issue. i built a single traction bar with delrin bushings on the axle end,and heim on the other with a shackle. works awesome.ive got j40,s with 1 and a halh inch longer shackle. shackle mount is off a exsiting crossmember. pics on my build thread.
post #8 of 26 (permalink) Old 12-27-2015, 04:23 PM Thread Starter
FSM Lifetime

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by yogib View Post
yes axle wrap can be a issue. i built a single traction bar with delrin bushings on the axle end,and heim on the other with a shackle. works awesome.ive got j40,s with 1 and a halh inch longer shackle. shackle mount is off a exsiting crossmember. pics on my build thread.
Sounds cool I'll take a look.
post #9 of 26 (permalink) Old 12-30-2015, 08:17 PM

page 19 post 361 and 365 of my build thread .(here,s my ride in progress ) broncospeed section has the pics of my traction bar.
post #10 of 26 (permalink) Old 01-13-2016, 06:29 PM

Bronco Info: 1989 XLT 5.8 C6 C&T Coilovers Bypasses 35s Methods PRPs
Garage
out here in southern california theres Solo, Threat, Camburg, and Richer that are the big dogs in the Broncospeed game. Of the 4, I like Solo the best, the dudes are cool to deal with and they're more of a mom and pop shop than a huge outfit like camburg. Threat always has good deals on prices but ive heard a fair share of horror stories and you're not a local guy so its not like you can go bang on some doors and go wtf if youre getting the run around. I have no experience with richer personally either. these are just my .02 but I will go through solo when im ready to really tear into my suspension.

1989/5.8/C6/MAF/C&T Beams/Coilovers/Bypasses/F53s/Corbeau Buckets/110W Race Radio/Bassani Headers/Y-Pipe/Black Widow Venom 250/Methods/35" Red Letters
post #11 of 26 (permalink) Old 01-13-2016, 06:30 PM

Garage
oh and PS you want to go 35s if youre running any of those kits. theyre genrally good for 4-6" of lift on just a cut and turn. if youre going wider youre gonna need to go glass anyways.

1989/5.8/C6/MAF/C&T Beams/Coilovers/Bypasses/F53s/Corbeau Buckets/110W Race Radio/Bassani Headers/Y-Pipe/Black Widow Venom 250/Methods/35" Red Letters
post #12 of 26 (permalink) Old 01-13-2016, 08:07 PM Thread Starter
FSM Lifetime

Garage
I inadvertently ended up doing a SAS when a D 60 high pinion followed me home but I do like the Solo stuff. I could see doing a TTB lift in the future though as I like Fords and the 80s and 90s ones are cheaper to pick up. A pre runner glassed out F150 would be sweet to go with my SAS 1991 Bronco.
post #13 of 26 (permalink) Old 01-14-2016, 11:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by S00TLYFE View Post
out here in southern california theres Solo, Threat, Camburg, and Richer that are the big dogs in the Broncospeed game. Of the 4, I like Solo the best, the dudes are cool to deal with and they're more of a mom and pop shop than a huge outfit like camburg. Threat always has good deals on prices but ive heard a fair share of horror stories and you're not a local guy so its not like you can go bang on some doors and go wtf if youre getting the run around. I have no experience with richer personally either. these are just my .02 but I will go through solo when im ready to really tear into my suspension.

Really curious on what you heard and where you hear it from about us? We have had zero complaints and great communication with our customers. I am always there when they have questions or need help.

High Quality affordable products for over 20 years
post #14 of 26 (permalink) Old 01-14-2016, 11:55 PM

Garage
I've had a few people tell me that you guys are poor at communication and you take a lot longer than promised to get people their product, I even had one person I know tell me it took up to a year. As I said, that's just what I've heard from people I know have been in the game awhile.
post #15 of 26 (permalink) Old 01-15-2016, 12:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by S00TLYFE View Post
I've had a few people tell me that you guys are poor at communication and you take a lot longer than promised to get people their product, I even had one person I know tell me it took up to a year. As I said, that's just what I've heard from people I know have been in the game awhile.
We have always have had good communication. About 3 years ago the lead time was 6-8 weeks on average because of the work that was subbed out like machining, and water jetting. Since then It has been 1-2 weeks on average for complete kits. Sometimes only a couple of days. We have a good team of subs working with us that have really helped us keep things going smoothly. as far as a year to get something done for someone goes I can only think of one guy out of Colorado that we built a one off equal length beam kit for that that could have possibly been. That guy had a bunch of stuff going on and kept putting off that project for nearly a year and took nearly a year to finally decide what ride height and track width he wanted so that we could build his beams to his specs. Once he finally got it figured out it was literally 2 weeks start to finish. There was one other guy too that was making payments for nearly a year at his convenience. He was good to deal with and never heard anything bad come out of his mouth.

post #16 of 26 (permalink) Old 01-15-2016, 12:27 AM

I still enjoy playing with metal. Don't like hearing old news though especially with how long wait times are with some of the bigger companies.

post #17 of 26 (permalink) Old 01-15-2016, 02:34 AM

Garage
There's two sides to every story, glad you're hear to clear up yours. I've definitely never knocked your product, the work I've seen in person on people's rigs is beautiful.
post #18 of 26 (permalink) Old 01-15-2016, 12:45 PM

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Threat Motorsports View Post
I still enjoy playing with metal. Don't like hearing old news though especially with how long wait times are with some of the bigger companies.

By the way, just cause I heard that don't think I probably won't buy those cut and turned beams and radius arms from you because for $950 that's a killer deal.
post #19 of 26 (permalink) Old 01-15-2016, 03:42 PM
Ford Hoarder

Bronco Info: See Signature
I had a recent purchase with Threat myself, though not for a very large order Dave took care of me well, even after FedEx lost the parts he had another setup shipped out very promptly. If your on the fence about Solo or Threat I am very happy with what I received from Threat, I am sure either will be able to do what you need though. I do not think I would go the camburg route just due to personal preference.

The Street Queen: '92 Eddie Bauer- C6 Swap, Roller 357W 400hp/400ft-lbs, SCT Tuned, 4" Lift, 4.10's,
Go Fastish Build: '78 Custom- 4" Deaver Lift, Mild 460, Full Cage, 4.10's
Build Thread http://www.fullsizebronco.com/forum/...8-project.html
post #20 of 26 (permalink) Old 01-15-2016, 05:38 PM Thread Starter
FSM Lifetime

Garage
I am thinking of doing the Threat rear end package. The kit makes for a pretty heavy duty looking rear four link, VS the normal DOM tube set up. The main reason I did not got TTB was I have a pretty stout BB FE and a stick. Also I ran across a D60 King pin axle down the street on Craig's List. I tossed around the idea of using a TTB set up but by the time I bought all the goodies to build it up for the HP I would be running through it I figured I would be better of going start axle. I am already looking into getting the girlfriend a truck possibly so when I pull the trigger it will be a Ford. I am toying with the idea of doing a Ranger with F150 drivetrain for her.

Ford Bronco Forum > Bronco Discussions > BroncoSpeed

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Bronco Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. DO NOT USE Gmail.com accounts. If you only have a Gmail.com email please contact the administrator here

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode