Glass fenders converting 88 to 92+ headlights/hood - Ford Bronco Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 5 (permalink) Old 02-26-2016, 02:20 AM Thread Starter

Bronco Info: 88
Glass fenders converting 88 to 92+ headlights/hood

I'm going to be getting fibreglass parts in the next two months. I'd like to go with Autofab but with the Canadian dollar I'd have to pay $880 + shipping = $1000+ just for the front fenders. I'd rather replace with metal at that price. The Fiberwerx are not too bad $608 + shipping ($200+ savings) BUT looks like I'd have to convert the front clip to 92+ headlights/grille/hood.

How much work is involved with the head lights? This will be a street legal truck so need to have it work properly.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old 02-26-2016, 03:01 AM Thread Starter

Meh found one looks like a pain in the ass well not hard but long process Front End / Clip Swap
post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old 02-26-2016, 03:25 AM Thread Starter

After some reading look like by the time I buy a used 92+ F150/Bronco ($700-1000) and days installing the front clip I might as well get the Autofab fenders for my 88 87-91 Bronco/F150 Ashley Style Fenders and get the Fiberwerx rears.

post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old 03-06-2016, 04:24 AM

Bronco Info: 1990 Bronco, 5L, 6" Pro-Comp Stage II, 35x12.5r15 MT Baja Claw, 4.56's & LSD F&R, ZF-5 Trans
Garage
I did the clip swap on my 90, got everything I needed from a wrecker, did the swap on a weekend, was fairly easy. I plan on getting the McNiel Racing quarters one day.
post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old 03-06-2016, 10:38 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deathtrap View Post
I did the clip swap on my 90, got everything I needed from a wrecker, did the swap on a weekend, was fairly easy. I plan on getting the McNiel Racing quarters one day.
Yah problems is there isn't much for F150's here. On the other hand looks like McNeil has these that for someone reason I didn't see before 1987-1991 Bronco :) So depending on their quality I could get the rears and front from them and have a single shipment (hopefully)

Ford Bronco Forum > Bronco Discussions > BroncoSpeed

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Bronco Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. DO NOT USE Gmail.com accounts. If you only have a Gmail.com email please contact the administrator here

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode