California Hmmm yea great more "Wilderness" locked up... - Page 3 - Ford Bronco Forum
 9Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #41 of 49 (permalink) Old 12-31-2012, 03:34 AM
FSM Lifetime

Bronco Info: 82 bronco 408w 4" lift 35's, 88 bronco 351w all stock on 31s
Quote:
Originally Posted by buffaloroams View Post

The way they achieve this to vilify a segment of society that is in the minority so the masses will support their "worthy" cause and rid society of these evil people.

yep you nailed it. i see it all the time and try to explain it to liberals (hopeless of course) how easy it is to take away ALL freedoms, since they do them one at a time, affecting only a minority group with each one, and the stupid majority goes along with it.

do something that negatively affects 5% of the people, only that 5% will care.. the other 95% won't care much.. easy to take rights away from the 5% then, and move on to the next 5%, rinse and repeat.

no smoking laws, trans fats, farming laws, zoning laws, tax hikes on select groups, vehicle laws, pollution laws, recycling laws, land access laws, land seizes... the list is endless, and everybody is affected by it in some way.

-Ryan

Check out my youtube page. Many bronco videos.
http://www.youtube.com/user/rhauf1
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #42 of 49 (permalink) Old 09-13-2015, 07:40 PM

Bronco Info: 1978 Ford Bronco
Their reasoning is basically the fault of vandalism and littering; wheelers aren't the only ones who do that. Plenty of people, whether on foot, bicycle, or truck do it.
post #43 of 49 (permalink) Old 12-14-2015, 02:47 PM

Bronco Info: 1986 FSB 351W C6 9inch d44 ttb
Quote:
Originally Posted by jackhart View Post
you can blame obama if you want, since he signed the bill, but the truth of the matter is, it's the people who push for these types of closures that are the real problem. witness this guy's comment to the link provided:

"That is one of the best bills passed. We need places where it is quiet and free of off road terrorists and be able to enjoy nature. If they are not protected they will be ruined by off roaders or land developers."

that is the reality of what we off roaders face today. we are treated as the enemy. mostly because of a minority of law breaking yahoos who destroy property, litter, etc. Like it or not, that is the perception of our sport. yet most of us sit back and do nothing, fail to write our representatives or get involved, or get organized period. imo, we have only ourselves to blame.
Terrorist???

Terrorist!!!!!!!!!????????

Thats a kind of stupid that cant be fixed. And i have to say... ive seen terrorists.... i dont think FSB has any of those.

Either way... he's on my shit list.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

post #44 of 49 (permalink) Old 01-06-2016, 08:57 PM
Troll

Bronco Info: 79 Bronco,4" lift, 468 ci, NP435, TS NP205, Dana 44 (4.56 gear), 9 inch (4.57 gear/Detroit Locker)
Lots of the wilderness is suppose to be untouched..only foot traffic. Now where they allow off-road vehicles...people aren't responsible and they try to put liability on the government since it's government owned.

People clearly aren't respectful anymore. One bad apple can ruin the whole bunch. That's how it is. Watch who you hang out with because when they fall..you will too.

If you want to ride on these areas...promote a clean forest, do clean up days, be big in the forest community. Doesn't mean you have to be a "tree hugger". Our environment is needed for future generations and at the rate of urban and agricultural sprawl...we're losing forest daily.

You can work with the government with this situation if you team up, be responsible, and push the bad folks out, and even get involved with these environmental groups...talk with them...let them see your view and you see theirs. Working together is the only way.

One main thing might be an issue is bogging up a river or creek...which in returns hurts wildlife...mainly fish since the sediment stirred up with deprive them of oxygen.

And most of these national forest out west were land that homesteaders didn't take with the homestead act. The government didn't TAKE them...they just took what no one want..usually land that people saw was unfit for farming.

So act...don't get mad.
post #45 of 49 (permalink) Old 05-31-2016, 03:52 AM

Bronco Info: 1988 Ford Bronco
Garage
Went out to what i thought was BLM land a couple weeks ago in Riverside area near lake mathews. Got chased off.....apparently its no longer accessible and the sheriffs out there are citing people for going out there now. Sucks to lose a close by spot that you could wheel and shoot at.
PJCHANNING likes this.
post #46 of 49 (permalink) Old 04-03-2017, 11:10 PM

I just hope we can enjoy trucks without compromising mother nature.

Bob Clark
post #47 of 49 (permalink) Old 04-05-2017, 05:53 PM

Bronco Info: 1990 Eddie bauer 302. Bought dead. Runs better n better.
Garage
Am I a hippie?

Quote:
Originally Posted by IDK View Post
Those environmentalists are so greedy and hateful to the OHV community it's not even funny anymore, they're afraid that a 4x4 might run into them while they're hugging a tree, BS!!!!!! Those lands are ours too! I seen a bumper sticker a while ago, Public Land Means Public Access. Just cause a small group of irresponsible OHV users that litter or go off the trail dosen't mean that the rest of us do! If I see any litter on a trail, I stop and pick it up, I want that trail to be there the next time I come. It seems like every spring when I head up to the mountains, more OHV trails are closed.
As a tree hugging off road and outdoors enthusiast I get especially pissed off when an area is closed because of some dumbass(es) littering, starting a forest fire, tearing up "roads", e.t.c. For example, if you check out Lovely Lady ridge between Lodoga and Indian Valley, you'll find the trail is nearly impassible in anything apart from a rock crawler. Same goes for stretches of trail in the surrounding area.

'90 Eddie Bauer 302 5.0 >250k, class E, Stock wheels (if it ain't broke...) rebuilt under hood (oem). HD rotors. R-134A conversion. Flowmaster and 3" single chamber. Custom fishing pole rack. 145k '96 e4oD upgrade. 33" BFG A/T. Modern Am/FM/Bt/CD/USB. 1500w amp/ sub combo. Custom Roof rack. Check out my build thread...
post #48 of 49 (permalink) Old 04-05-2017, 06:38 PM

Bronco Info: 1990 Eddie bauer 302. Bought dead. Runs better n better.
Garage
Luckily, my son does know about Indian Valley Reservoir and the Mendocino Natl. Forest. He loves going camping and stuff out there with my buddies and I. We patrol the area around where we camp first and foremost before setting up. I've always got a full trash bag, plus our own garbage when we come home. It's now my grandchildren that I think about when we go out and enjoy God's green earth.

Oh, and not all of California is full of liberal, hippie, prius doing 45 on the freeway, cell phone glued to hand MORONS. Please watch your comments. You don't have to live in a certain place or a lifestyle to take offense at crude remarks. Some of us happen to like San Francisco, just not in our Bronco (the streets are narrow).

'90 Eddie Bauer 302 5.0 >250k, class E, Stock wheels (if it ain't broke...) rebuilt under hood (oem). HD rotors. R-134A conversion. Flowmaster and 3" single chamber. Custom fishing pole rack. 145k '96 e4oD upgrade. 33" BFG A/T. Modern Am/FM/Bt/CD/USB. 1500w amp/ sub combo. Custom Roof rack. Check out my build thread...
post #49 of 49 (permalink) Old 04-07-2017, 01:24 AM
Fullsize Member

Bronco Info: 1986 Bronco XLT 4x4 -AOD -Warn Hubs, NEW stock 302EFI (2008) All MSD ignition, 9mm FMSR wires
OMG I forgot all about this post...lol lol.......sorry but my Bronco is sort of sidelined at the moment, I just had a tumor removed from my bladder, so I have to reschedule my right hip replacement surgery?...so I'm not driving the BKO that much, maybe once a week as it's at a point where the front/ rear brakes should be done, both fuel filters and the tranny fluid and filter need to be changed and of course the wonderful " upper ignition actuator" just broke after I replaced it 10 years ago so I've got my hands full...PITA.......doesn't look good for a trip to DC right now ....lol lol......

Good Luck ~

Ford Bronco Forum > Wheeling > LandUse and Trails

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Bronco Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. DO NOT USE Gmail.com accounts. If you only have a Gmail.com email please contact the administrator here

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode