California Hmmm yea great more "Wilderness" locked up... - Ford Bronco Forum
 11Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 49 (permalink) Old 03-31-2009, 11:43 AM Thread Starter
I see Broncos

Bronco Info: 93 OJ Special 4" Lift 35s and a bunch of other junk.
Hmmm yea great more "Wilderness" locked up...

190,000 more acres locked up so nobody can go an enjoy them. Pretty soon the only off-roading you will be able to do is in other countries.

http://www.pe.com/politics/goad/stor...1.38a6c0d.html

Depositing random fluids around California, Nevada and Arizona since 1999.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 49 (permalink) Old 06-09-2009, 05:55 PM

," but rather we will set them aside and guard their sanctity for everyone to share,"

huh, yea right.
post #3 of 49 (permalink) Old 06-09-2009, 06:18 PM
Retired Staff

Bronco Info: 1996 EB Bronco, 5.8, E40D, Dana 44 SAS, 4.88 gears. 35" SuperSwampers
When we have ass holes that take of their emissions and rip up the land, than land closer is one of the uneducated reactions. Said it before, we as a group need to better represent ourselves in a positive manner. We need to organize ourselves much like the hot rodders have done years ago.
PJCHANNING likes this.

Last edited by bossind; 06-09-2009 at 08:56 PM.

post #4 of 49 (permalink) Old 06-09-2009, 06:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bossind View Post
than land closer is one of the uneducated reactions. .
i'm sorry i didn't quite understand that, can you rephrase it?
post #5 of 49 (permalink) Old 06-09-2009, 08:57 PM
Retired Staff

Bronco Info: 1996 EB Bronco, 5.8, E40D, Dana 44 SAS, 4.88 gears. 35" SuperSwampers
Quote:
Originally Posted by reverus View Post
Whats there to understand? instead of dealing with the real issue they closed the land down.
post #6 of 49 (permalink) Old 06-11-2009, 12:08 AM

Quote:
Whats there to understand? instead of dealing with the real issue they closed the land down.
i think i agree with you, just the wording was a bit awkward for me.
you scrambled my simple brain dude
post #7 of 49 (permalink) Old 07-25-2009, 11:53 PM

Bronco Info: 1994 FSB EB Red/Tan 31' tires 5.8l AT 15in Kicker CVX (3.9CF ported box) 1200w Power Acustic Amp 1ch
Quote:
i think i agree with you, just the wording was a bit awkward for me.
you scrambled my simple brain dude

Had to read it again a few times

And i agree we need to have demonstrations of proper wheeling ect and show people its not like most of everyones videos tears the hell out of the ground rather its more of freedom and being able to get places most cant (however cookies in mudpits are badass......still....)
PJCHANNING likes this.
post #8 of 49 (permalink) Old 07-26-2009, 09:18 PM
tactical-mike

Bronco Info: 74 bronco
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bumpin Bronco View Post

And i agree we need to have demonstrations of proper wheeling ect and show people its not like most of everyones videos tears the hell out of the ground rather its more of freedom and being able to get places most cant
agreed

MILITARY SURPLUS DEALER
post #9 of 49 (permalink) Old 07-27-2009, 08:23 PM

Bronco Info: '89 Bronco XLT w/ I6, 5spd, 4" D44 SAS 4.09 and 10.25 4.10 ARBs
I will agree with everything in above this posts. On a brighter note, who say's there won't be "roads" in the wilderness? I foresee a future where more of our forests are protected which will be good but we'll have to work to make sure it doesn't lock out wheeling. This bill seems more focused on big tree timber and urban sprawl. If it some how includes removing trails in the fine print then it's something we'll need to right.

Lifted '89 Ford Bronco w/ 5spd & doubler - Representing Ford's I6 Stump Pullers!
UC4x4.com * http://www.supermotors.net/9090 * Follow my SAS buildup!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoxviii View Post
The goal here is to fix the problem, not treat the symptoms.
post #10 of 49 (permalink) Old 09-29-2009, 10:03 PM
IDK

Bronco Info: 1978 Ranger XLT
Those environmentalists are so greedy and hateful to the OHV community it's not even funny anymore, they're afraid that a 4x4 might run into them while they're hugging a tree, BS!!!!!! Those lands are ours too! I seen a bumper sticker a while ago, Public Land Means Public Access. Just cause a small group of irresponsible OHV users that litter or go off the trail dosen't mean that the rest of us do! If I see any litter on a trail, I stop and pick it up, I want that trail to be there the next time I come. It seems like every spring when I head up to the mountains, more OHV trails are closed.
post #11 of 49 (permalink) Old 09-30-2009, 01:26 AM
All I got for X-Mas was a

Bronco Info: '93 Custom 351W/E4OD/1356 4"Susp. 33" Tires. Now rockin the soft top.
Quote:
i think what he meant was "closure"

Quote:
When we have ass holes that take of their emissions and rip up the land, than land closure is one of the uneducated reactions.
make more better sense now?

Baby Girl
My SuperCrap Site

"The Price Good Men Pay For Indifference To Public Affairs Is To Be Ruled By Evil Men"
-Plato
post #12 of 49 (permalink) Old 10-25-2009, 08:40 PM

Thanks uncle sam
post #13 of 49 (permalink) Old 10-29-2009, 06:16 PM

Bronco Info: 1993 bronco eddie bauer
i blame obama

sorry to offend anyone if i did

Gentlemen i must warn you, there is bacon in the soap...
post #14 of 49 (permalink) Old 10-29-2009, 07:03 PM
search, you #$%@! noob

Bronco Info: broncoless!
you can blame obama if you want, since he signed the bill, but the truth of the matter is, it's the people who push for these types of closures that are the real problem. witness this guy's comment to the link provided:

"That is one of the best bills passed. We need places where it is quiet and free of off road terrorists and be able to enjoy nature. If they are not protected they will be ruined by off roaders or land developers."

that is the reality of what we off roaders face today. we are treated as the enemy. mostly because of a minority of law breaking yahoos who destroy property, litter, etc. Like it or not, that is the perception of our sport. yet most of us sit back and do nothing, fail to write our representatives or get involved, or get organized period. imo, we have only ourselves to blame.
PJCHANNING likes this.

Dave

- Karma is a boomerang -
post #15 of 49 (permalink) Old 10-30-2009, 01:42 AM

Bronco Info: 86 Bronco XLT, 351W
By the time my rig is ready to roll out, there will be no where to go... :(
This is ridiculous, The whole of FSB should send mass letters out to representatives.

86 Bronco XLT, 351W, 6" lift, 6 point roll cage, 31s, 650cfm Edelbrock 1406 carburetor, Grant GT Steering Wheel.
Soon to come: Paint Job with White Herculiner! Radiator! Roll cage installed! Exhaust! Running?
post #16 of 49 (permalink) Old 10-30-2009, 01:53 AM
FSM Lifetime

Bronco Info: 82 bronco 408w 4" lift 35's, 88 bronco 351w all stock on 31s
where i live the only wheelin' spots are a couple hours away, and there's only two of them at that distance. 4 hours and there's others like pismo, the hammers, etc.

what i'm getting at is, a lot of people i know (im not one of them btw) don't have places to go wheelin'.....of course that wont stop them from doing it... so they do it on private property, or in places which are off limits.....

....yes, they may be the irresponsible idiots who give us all bad names, but fact of the matter is, if you take away the designated places for wheelin' those people will just go do it somewhere else. its not going to stop them. just like making weed illegal doesnt stop people from smoking it, just like underage kids don't drink, or like prohibition was a good idea etc. what it really boils down to is just more government control. what i've come to find is that for everything that somebody enjoys (doesn't matter what it is) there is a group of people who don't like it and want to destroy it. name anything.. there is a group who doesnt like it.
PJCHANNING likes this.

-Ryan

Check out my youtube page. Many bronco videos.
http://www.youtube.com/user/rhauf1
post #17 of 49 (permalink) Old 10-30-2009, 08:10 PM

Bronco Info: 88 xlt 4x4 5.0
i agree we really should put something together and send it to all our state reps or whoever we need to.
im getting sick of not being able to hunt,fish and go wheelin. Guys the reason why those crazy groups get the things passed that they want passed is because they get there shit together and put a lot of pressure on the right people. i dont understan why we "FSB" cant do the samething.
they think we are a buck of blue collar rednecks. which isnt true at all. so lets start something. so when we start wheelin and they show up in there hybrids we can just monster truck there asses lmao hahahaha
post #18 of 49 (permalink) Old 02-18-2010, 04:40 AM

Bronco Info: 90 bronco 5.0 3 inchbody lift 33's AOD
here in south jersey there is a local state forrest where every year there is an orginized clean up... 100's of trucks show up and drive through the area picking up everything they can find, bring it back to the ranger station where there is a supplied dumpster.....
sounds like we must really be ruining the forrest by doing that. just goes to show that 1 a-hole ruins things for 10 good guys
PJCHANNING likes this.

Bronco- Sold
F150- 04 flareside 5.4

Win some --- Lose Most
post #19 of 49 (permalink) Old 02-20-2010, 09:48 PM
I'm stuck :)

Bronco Info: 87 302 6 inch 35s 78 351 4 inch 33s
Quote:
Originally Posted by 93 FORD BRONCO View Post
i blame obama

sorry to offend anyone if i did

[broncodude26] 8:41 pm: does anyone else get naked when they get in this chat?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Travver797 View Post
"I was balls-deep in my teddy bear last night and.... Oh, I found $5.00 too."
Quote:
Originally Posted by phobos2deimos View Post
No, it doesn't say 710. No markings. I can't find a cap in the bay that says 710, unless it's in a stupid spot or really small numbers.
The yellow cap smells like fuel on the inside.
post #20 of 49 (permalink) Old 02-26-2010, 09:59 AM

Bronco Info: 1990 351 32x11.50x15 maxius buckshot mudders. pretty much all stock
My solution is we all build our trucks bigger, go down to D.C. and start rolling over the tops of these douche bag politicians cars. Then they will beg us tot get out of the city and probably even designate land plots specifically for off roading.

Nahhh if i were Chuck Norris thats what i'd do. Cause you just don't f*ck with chuck.

but this is very discouraging to hear.
PJCHANNING likes this.

Ford Bronco Forum > Wheeling > LandUse and Trails

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Bronco Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. DO NOT USE Gmail.com accounts. If you only have a Gmail.com email please contact the administrator here

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode