Silverlake rollbar? - Ford Bronco Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 6 (permalink) Old 07-23-2016, 09:36 AM Thread Starter

Bronco Info: finally on the road 1979 XLT. 4.56 gears,rear Detroit locker front easy locker,36s, 410m Auto
Silverlake rollbar?

Hey Folks, My family has made Plans to head up to the Bronco Takeover and in reading the dune regulations it looks like we need a roll bar for rear passengers. The way I'm understanding it, is if we have the rear cap on we don't need a roll bar, but if you want to take the cap off it is necessary to have a bar. Is this correct? Another question that has come up is, we got all the permits in my name but can my wife and 19 y.o. daughter operate the Bronco also? Cant wait to get there and meet some fellow bronco folks. Our truck has about 400 miles on it now this will be its first long distance (350 miles) voyage. r79bronco | SuperMotors.net
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 (permalink) Old 07-23-2016, 09:57 AM
---------------------

Bronco Info: See Signature
The rear passengers in a bronco need to have a helmets, or you need roll bar that goes over their heads. Does not matter if the top is on or not. Their reason is that the fiberglass top is not considered safe, though a metal cab would be. That is why the front passengers do not need anything extra. And also why something like a S10 Blazer would not need anything extra for the rear passengers. These are their rules, I am not saying that a s10 is stronger in the rear then a bronco glass top. A CJ7 would need helmets for the rear passenger if it only had the stock front roll bar.
The ORV, StatePark, And Trail pass are vehicle specific not person specific. So if they both have valid drivers license no problems with them driving out in dunes.

Been going to SilverLake since 86/87 if you have any other questions

The Street Queen: '92 Eddie Bauer- C6 Swap, Roller 357W 400hp/400ft-lbs, SCT Tuned, 4" Lift, 4.10's,
Go Fastish Build: '78 Custom- 4" Deaver Lift, Mild 460, Full Cage, 4.10's
Build Thread http://www.fullsizebronco.com/forum/...8-project.html
post #3 of 6 (permalink) Old 07-23-2016, 10:10 AM Thread Starter

Bronco Info: finally on the road 1979 XLT. 4.56 gears,rear Detroit locker front easy locker,36s, 410m Auto
Thanks for the info! I was afraid that might be the case, I guess we will have to get busy and see what we can get bent up in the next 10 days. Maybe we'll see you up there then for the bronco take over CrazyBRONCOguy? Thanks again for the info.
post #4 of 6 (permalink) Old 07-23-2016, 10:17 AM
---------------------

Bronco Info: See Signature
Yup be up there Thursday the 4th.
We used to have an 80 bronco that had a PVC bar in if for awhile, covered in black tape and foam. We only went from the entrance to the beach in it though. If your just cruising around, maybe last minute option to get you in with no helments

The Street Queen: '92 Eddie Bauer- C6 Swap, Roller 357W 400hp/400ft-lbs, SCT Tuned, 4" Lift, 4.10's,
Go Fastish Build: '78 Custom- 4" Deaver Lift, Mild 460, Full Cage, 4.10's
Build Thread http://www.fullsizebronco.com/forum/...8-project.html
post #5 of 6 (permalink) Old 07-23-2016, 06:26 PM

Bronco Info: driving a 78 rusty piece o crap owned 23 yrs, and working on another 78 bronco,mint,460
Garage
I have a second stock roll bar mounted in the back of mine
I just cut the legs shorter and bolted it down
fits nice and satisfies the needs and will provide a bit of security if ever called to duty

you can also just flip the stock front of you have one
I see lots of trucks like that

I got stopped on the beach 2 yrs back by dnr police
I played stupid and they gave me a warning and my wife had to wear her special helmet the rest of the week

I too will be at silver lake all week before bronco gathering
my wife will be beating up the ol rusty black freewheeler and I will be ripping around in the buggy
post #6 of 6 (permalink) Old 07-24-2016, 12:48 AM Thread Starter

Thanks for the suggestions trustyrusty, my 79 does not even have the factory bar in it. I have a good stockpile of 1.750" DOM tubing in the shop, if I can find some time to work on my own stuff before the takeover. I won't even worry about paint if I can just get something bent up and welded. I'll be in our blue 79 with the wife and our three teenage daughters, hope to see you too.

Ford Bronco Forum > Wheeling > LandUse and Trails

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Bronco Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. DO NOT USE Gmail.com accounts. If you only have a Gmail.com email please contact the administrator here

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode