Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1991 Bronco 351W from europe

75K views 316 replies 86 participants last post by  a4t1rat 
#1 ·
Hi I want make my thread in introduction but it wasn't good.
So here will be my virtual garage. And presentation of restore my bronco.

Im form Slovak republic (eastern Europe) and my bronco is one of the few (now four) broncos in my country. When I bought it it was in quite good condition, but you know everything can be better:)

I make some restore work on it.
here are the pics form time when I bring it form germany:

It was very clean, but had a some problem with throttle position sensor, AC, lights and some else....

So this is first photos where bronco has new license plates. This "ZA" - means my home town ( Žilina :)

This is first time offroad testing...

Here I stucked:( Maybe I need some locker...

So this is our bronco's meeting:) - There is only 4 fullsize broncos in our hole country!!! (one mine 91 351W, one 86 302cui, and one 79 351 carb, and one but I don't met it, only saw the photo. Some white 1992+)

ou here are am - the happy bronco rider:)

some videos form first testing:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wQ1djj2NSwA

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WkANWeV1XqY

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nx82Ss8kklQ

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=plUIRmoXggA

I bought this little monster with my girlfriend (Zuzana). So she loves this truck too.

Here are some new parts:

I chnged the fuel filter and oil at first.

then I want to make the engin stronger and the sound was not so good too.
So I made the new exhaust - Aeroexhaust turbine. AR25 + AT2525

I bought the new air filter too. KN gheto style Is very nice:)

Final work:

See less See more
#2 ·
So becouse the steering was very sensitive I bought the Rancho steering stabilizer. Now is the steering very good, smooth and for me is great choice.
The instal was very easy. I choose make it otherwise like it is in the instal manual. Now I have the steering shock up, far away from ground...

First I painted some parts. The shock is now white and few parts are black.

New headlights. Becouse I bought bronco with no stock headlights. There was some Euro lights from unknow car:) This was becouse the EU technical control....
Ok now there are stock headlights. I have to clear this lights becouse it is not very shine:)

so finally I have US style of lights on my truck. Becouse I bought it with non US....

My old stock audio wasn't so bad ( it played from 1991:) but I want some better sound. I putted new Soundsystem komp speaker to front and want to make a 10" sw to back.
I started with cleaning and dynamating:)
Everythng is in the progress so I will share my photos.

Stock door panel. I was happy that it is quite clean

Stock speaker. Had a lot of hours of playing....

everything is down

hmmm premium sound:) I dont think

old and new brother

cleaning cleaning cleaning....

Ok so dynamat and some else are in the door...

ready to go

new headunit JVC:

anti rust paint:

I have a lot of work on it but it is very nice work...

to be continued....

#3 ·
what next? I want to make subwoofer in the back, which will be part of box from wood. All space behind front seats will be used for sleeping. This box will be apox. 1600mmx1600mm and width 250mm. Soon will be here the photos of my work:)

#4 ·
Nice work, especially from being out of the US. Is it hard finding parts for your bronco over there?

Oh, and that muffler is shiney :toothless

#8 ·
Nice build, it looks very good! In my experience (Jeeps only so far - waiting for my Bronco), you can remove some air from your tires to assist getting unstuck from mud and sand. Just not too much or else you lose your tires off your rims, and then your really stuck.

#10 ·
yes thanks, if I will need some specific part I'll search here first. Now I need some steering parts like tie rod and central link... but this is on rockauto for good price or ebay I think....

#11 ·
Wow good work! I'm impressed! I like that when you do something you go all out! Good to have someone like that repping the bronco!

#13 ·
ok, another restore job. Now I fix back part of my truck and put first layer of dynamat and alubutyl

antirust paint alkyton

dynamat + alubutyl

to be continued....

#14 ·
i bet it will be quiet in there now

#19 ·
Very good work a good example of perseverance!!!! like you, in my country its no easy find the parts, and im in mexico, so i know how you feel about this dream for us!!! a nice BRONCO!!!

#23 ·
Yeah, this is a real inspiring build. Great job Remco. Makes me wanna gut my interior and do the rust proof and dyanamat thing. Keep it up.

#24 ·
So, I have some news....

Because the stock headlights was in very bad condition I changed it for the new lights. Original lamps had plastic cover and it lighted very poor. I searched for new European lamps, that fit to my bronco. I found headlamps that has almost identical dimensions.
They come form Škoda auto 120 (1985). Now I have to set it. But everything looks good.

and new KC daylighters:)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.