Bronco Info: 1995 Bronco EB 16" Lift
Real nice looking truck!!!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #22 of 1405 (permalink) Old 03-13-2011, 10:27 PM Thread Starter
Thread Killa

Bronco Info: 1994 Bronco Eddie Bauer edition, 302 MAF, E4OD
THanks,
Made alot of progress today. Got the tailgate torn apart. FIxed the window motor, got it back in the regulator and tested it. Fixed my wireing problem. Fixed the defrost connector problem.
Have to orrder some parts this friday to finish it up, but im gonna put it back together in the mean time untill it all comes in.
Tommorow I am gonna take the latch out and fix the handle problem and make sure that all that stuff is working right so the handle isnt bent all the way up anymore.

Picked up some tools today, got my 12v tester, stethescope, trim tools, temp sender. I will try to get some of that done tommorow too.
I need to pull codes on the ABS and see why thats on
THen i need to pull ECM codes to see if theres any there.
post #23 of 1405 (permalink) Old 03-14-2011, 02:01 AM

Bronco Info: 96 White Sport EFI 466 MAF/OBD-II, D60/D70, 38's, 96 White EB-King Ranch'd w/ 4" on 33's
Jowens1126, your 302 is factory MAF. All 5.0's from 94-96 are MAF.

1996 Wht Sport MAF/OBD II 466-1995 Blk XLT 351
SOLD
1996 PG EB 351-1996 Wht EB 351-1996 Wht Sport 351-1994 Wht Sport 351
1996 MB EB, KR Interior 302-1996 Wht EB 351, 3" BL, 33's-1996 PG EB 351
1996 Wht/Tan XLT 351w-1996 PG EB 351-1996 Black Sport 408w, SAS, 40's
1995 Blk EB 351-1996 MB EB 351, 6", 35's-1996 Wht Sport 351-1996 PG EB 351
1996 M EB, 302, SAS D44-1995 Blk Sport-1990 302, M5OD, 3" BL, 33s
1996 Wht EB 351-1993 G EB 357w-1978 XLT 351m-1971 Sport, 331w, 4.5", 35's

post #24 of 1405 (permalink) Old 03-14-2011, 02:33 AM
Age. Fac ut gaudeam

Bronco Info: 1993 Ford F-150 Custom 5.8/E4OD
Quote:
Originally Posted by gadawgz71 View Post
Jowens1126, your 302 is factory MAF. All 5.0's from 94-96 are MAF.
x2

1996 Ford Bronco Eddie Bauer 5.8/E4OD EFI
1993 Ford F-150 Custom 5.8/E4OD EFI
1993 Ford F-150 XLT 5.0/E4OD EFI
1979 Ford F-150 Custom 5.0/4speed
2008 Jeep Liberty 3.7/42r
post #25 of 1405 (permalink) Old 03-14-2011, 08:58 AM
Fullsize Member

Bronco Info: 1992 XLT , 5.8, E40D
Garage
Sweet find man!. Truck looks good.

1992 XLT, 5.8 w/ E40D transmission, TTB D44 in front, 8.8 rear, 4.88 gears w/ Eaton Posi, Gibson exhaust/headers,cb radio, 4" suspension lift, 33x12.5's on 8" Pro Comp wheels.

http://www.supermotors.net/registry/27670/85749
post #26 of 1405 (permalink) Old 03-14-2011, 05:28 PM

Bronco Info: 96 Royal Blue EB 351W
Very Nice! Congrats and enjoy.
post #27 of 1405 (permalink) Old 03-14-2011, 05:33 PM

Bronco Info: '78 400m 35" MT White/Silver
Looks nice!
post #28 of 1405 (permalink) Old 03-14-2011, 08:49 PM Thread Starter
Thread Killa

Ive seen lots of '94s that are speed density around here. In fact i looked at 15 94' and 95's before i finally found this one that was MAF.

Another day, another new problem, lol. I had pulled the bronco into the garage last night because the back window was out. WHen I pulled it out this morning, the radio antena hit the garage door and the whole plate between the window and the hood (I dont know what its called) Popped loose and laid over ripping out the windshield molding and making a nice crease in the plate. There wasnt one single screw holding that thing on. Woohoo, something else the PO did a half ass job of. Damn some people are just idiots.

Made alot more progress today.
Got the rear window regulator back in, got the window back in, took the latch out and tried to fix that, but its so worn out from being bent and re-straightened that its time for a new one, so that will be on my parts order this friday. But I did manage to get everything put back together and working for the most part. Once I had it all assembled i closed the tailgate, and put the key to acc, and hit the window switch and..............

NOTHING!
lol so my first thought was....Safety Switch. Sure enough, I opened it back up and manually closed the latch and it went up and down. So I got to looking at the striker, and the little plastic collar around it is missing. So another thing to add to my parts order. As a temporary fix, I took a small piece of cardboard about 5 inches long by 1/2 inch wide and taped one end to the striker and wrapped it around the striker then taped the other end around the striker. This performs the same function as the plastic collar on the striker, it gives the latch more to grab on to which engaged the safety switch and now it goes up and down. Rather it goes down great, and needs help going up because the regulator is so worn out, so another part to add to my parts order.

Then I moved on to the ABS issue. My ABS light was on so I did the self test and came up with 36, 76 codes. Right front ABS Sensor. So at least I know what it is. Im not experiencing any strange brake pulsations yet so I will just put that one on hold untill I have to do the front brakes. I will need to pull the tires to check the pads to see when that needs to be done. Brakes are good at the moment so I think I can put that issue aside for now.

Then I decided to do the ECU Selt test. I placed a jumper from the STI to the negative battery cable and turned the ignition to run and......nothing. THe post on Fordfuelinjection is kind of confusing. Here is the quote.....
(From Fordfuelinjection.com )
"1. Turn key to OFF.
2. Get a length of wire that can connect the STI to the negative battery terminal or body ground.
3. Ground the Self-Test Input.
4. Get some paper and a pen.
5. Get comfortable in the drivers seat.
6. Try to keep your self from getting distracted from here on.
7. Turn key to RUN.
8. You will hear some relays engage and the fuel pumps prime the system. This is the EEC beginning the test.
9. When the fuel pumps stop be ready to count! "

If you notice it looks like #2 and #3 say the same thing. Im wondering if that is a typo. Anyway I took a wire from my negative battery terminal and connected it to the single cable Self Test Input and did the procedure and got no response. And I did that after letting it idle for 15 minuites to reach operational temperature. Dont know what I did wrong if anything or maybe the connector is wired wrong. Or maybe my Check Engine light is dead. So tommorow I will try the alternate method using the volt meter and see what I get there.

Next I went on to the Stereo. The PO had some kind of massive stereo system in this thing. He had 00 (double ought) wire going from the battery to the back of the truck and 3 preamp leads and pieced together speaker wires of 3 or 4 different varieties going all over the damn place. Looks like my 11 year old could have done a better job on the installation. So I ripped all that crap out yesterday. Went to bestbuy and talked to the stereo installer and he gave me the proper removal tool to get the pioneer head unit out. Took out the head unit and disconnected the amp leads and remote wire and pulled all that crap out. Then much to my amazement he DID NOT cut the factory harness, thank goodness. So I went back to bestbuy and got the factory adaptor and wired that in to the head unit harness and then reconnected the speakers to the factory wires and VIOLA! I have a stereo! Broke it in with some Pink Floyd - Pulse! Cranks just fine with the 50x4 built in amp. The speakers are ragged out as hell though from the PO overdriving them, but they will do for now untill I get extra capital to replace them. At least they work.

Well thats all for today. Gotta think about what I wanna do for tommorow.

I have an appointment at the transmission shop on Friday to get the bad news about the tranny leak. Hopefully its just the seal to the transfer case, but ive never heard of a transmission shop telling the truth about anything, so I will be up thier ass the whole time during the inspection just to make sure they dont screw with something while im not looking.
post #29 of 1405 (permalink) Old 03-14-2011, 09:12 PM

This truck I picked up only has 38K miles on it. One of the things I liked the best was no leaks. Drove it around most of Sat and then took it for an emissions test. While on the emissions dyno, it appears that the torque converter seal let go. Tranny fluid leaking from that area. I hope you have better results. Good luck!!!
post #30 of 1405 (permalink) Old 03-14-2011, 09:16 PM Thread Starter
Thread Killa

Thanks Richo. We will see what the tranny guy says this friday. I called AAmco and that guy was such an ass I had to hang up on them. I never trusted a big national chain anyway, all they want is to sell you a complete rebuild for $2500. WHich is rediculous when you can get one from Monster transmission for 1200. So Im going to this local mom and pop tranny shop that has alot of good reviews online. Im still gonna watch em do everything though. I dont trust mechanics at all.
PJCHANNING likes this.
post #31 of 1405 (permalink) Old 03-14-2011, 09:21 PM

Yea, I am not looking forward to pulling that beast out. Is the leather in your truck new? It appears to be to nice to be factory.
post #32 of 1405 (permalink) Old 03-14-2011, 09:41 PM

Bronco Info: 95 XL 5.0, T4M0 eec, GT40p's, FRPP "P" headers, bassani Y, 3" behind tire, ZF 5, SixLiter tune up
Whatever you do DO NOT let them tear into your tranny. If it is shifting fine it is fine. There are only a couple likely places it could be leaking, tranny pan gasket, tranny cooler lines or xfer case to tranny gasket.

Tranny pan, I would crawl under there with a 10mm (I think) socket, extention, ratchet combo. And make sure that all of the bolts are snug.

Tranny cooler lines, trace and ensure they are snug.

I have never seen the tranny to xfer case gasket leak, doesn't mean that it couldn't.

With it being obviously low to begin with I woud do a complete tranny fluid change, new filter and gasket.

By the way, That is a sweetie of a Bronco. CLEAN!!

It's VERY clear that Ford Racing had NO intention of producing a header that "worked" for the GT40p's and a FSB. But hey they got their $315.

I think that, BBK, Crane, whoever else will be getting my money in the future!!
post #33 of 1405 (permalink) Old 03-14-2011, 09:59 PM Thread Starter
Thread Killa

Well I crawled under there and looked at the mess. Its definately comming from behind where the pan is. I couldnt really see because of the skid plate. When I take it in and they look at it I will be standing right there holding thier hand. No one is gonna touch it without me standing right there with them. It shifts great when theres fluid in it. I had to put a gallon of Mercon in it when I got it home from the PO. Didnt even register on the stick. WHen I got home I smelled it so I knew. Put in a gallon of mercon and drove it around and it shifted smooth as butter even under hard acceleration up to 70 from a stop. So I dont think the tranny is broke, its just leaking somewhere.
I told all this to the AAMCO guy and he was like....... Oh you cant tell anything from that....we have to look at the fluid and run our diagnostic check on it, it could still shift like that and be completely messed up inside. (I was rolling my eyes the whole time he was talking) He had a real attitude too when I told him that I was getting help online in a enthusiast form, then he got real cocky and said no one on those forums knows anything about transmissions. Thats when I hung up on him. asshole.
PJCHANNING likes this.
post #34 of 1405 (permalink) Old 03-14-2011, 10:31 PM Thread Starter
Thread Killa

The leather is factory. The seats actually have a 1995 date code on them, so someone somewhere along the line replaced the old ones with these. THey are in good shape, lumbar works. Im gonna get rid of em though. I want some nice F-250 seats that are 8 way power.
post #35 of 1405 (permalink) Old 03-14-2011, 10:31 PM Thread Starter
Thread Killa

Something like this......

KACorder likes this.
post #36 of 1405 (permalink) Old 03-15-2011, 12:26 AM

Bronco Info: 1979 Ford Bronco XLT
Nice Truck!!! Good find with no rust!!

Scream'n Don't Stop The Ride!!!
post #37 of 1405 (permalink) Old 03-15-2011, 12:51 AM

Bronco Info: 88 5.8 w roller cam, ported GT40X heads and edelB intake, roller rockers, JBAs & bassani y pipe
That Bronco is sexy

<b>Done:</b> 5.8 Roller shortblock, Ported GT40X heads,edelbrock intake, Roller rockers, Coated JBAs and Bassani Y pipe, Bassani aft back,sixlitre tune up, beefed up AOD (<b>planned</b> 4in lift, 33x12.5s, 96 eddie bauer leather int, sound sys, supercharger, new gears, explorer injectors, MAF conversion.) [SIGPIC][SIGPIC]
post #38 of 1405 (permalink) Old 03-15-2011, 01:03 AM

Bronco Info: 79bronco4604SPD 94 4doorbronco351 E4OD
why not take the skid plate off and find the leak if its leaking from the back of the tranny it could be one or two things that it could be the rear tail houseing or where the transfercase bolts up you can use some permatex ultra grey thats what I used for mine and works great its not that hard to do tranfercase is about 45 pounds not very heavy and you will save some money hope this helps if you need some help let me know I'm to far from you

ford forever
post #39 of 1405 (permalink) Old 03-15-2011, 01:30 AM

Bronco Info: looking to trade for chv or dodge NOT
as for your water leak the one place no one checks is under cowling in front of windshield. alot of times the drain holes in the bottom of your fenders by your doors will plug up with pine needles and leaves.you might not see rust but inside the cowling its probaly rusted out mine was and it leaked like a sieve.run hose on cowling look for leak under dash
post #40 of 1405 (permalink) Old 03-15-2011, 01:36 AM
Fullsize Member

Bronco Info: 1990 EB FSB, MAF, 6.7L, E4OD, 4" Rancho, 4.56, 33" on 15x10 Alcoa's
Quote:
Originally Posted by jowens1126 View Post
I told all this to the AAMCO guy and he was like....... Oh you cant tell anything from that....we have to look at the fluid and run our diagnostic check on it, it could still shift like that and be completely messed up inside.
His diagnostic check is to stick his finger in the tranny fluid, smell it and say "Yup! $2500.00!". I had a bad experience with AAMCO many, many years ago and never went back. I found extremely shoddy work and found that their employees tend to turn over regularly. I learned that an old single owner Independant Shop with references is the way to go. Well, Secondary to Level 10 Performance Transmission Systems...

I think that quinalt is probably correct in that the trans internals are good and to focus on the leak. Definitely consider a trans cooler, remote filter and temperature gauge.

Anyway, Great Bronco buy!!! It appears very well taken care of and extremely clean. Nice enough to either keep stock or build!!!

Ford Bronco Forum > Bronco Discussions > 78 - 96 Build Forum....Builds only

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Bronco Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. DO NOT USE Gmail.com accounts. If you only have a Gmail.com email please contact the administrator here

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode