Ok time for an update. I went into the local county tax office the other day to transfer the title. Well the guy I bought it from had never put the title in his name. So the fun began. They directed me down to the local DMV. I had to get paperwork from them. Once I had that it was off to get a Surety Bond. So I found an insurance company that did them and more paperwork. Oh and while at the DMV there was a typo in my address on the paperwork. So it was back to the DMV. Take a number and wait to be called. Got the address corrected yesterday. I went to my local tax office this morning and finalized the transfer of title. So I should have that in 2 to 4 weeks. Now that thatís taken care of its back to the fun stuff.
Iíve been going by the local speed shop and getting some parts this week. I also made a couple of stops at the local auto parts. I took today off today to try and get some work done. Iíll be tied up all this weekend on something else and wonít be able to work on it. So after the tax office I headed up to the storage unit to get started.
Hereís my workbench.
And hereís where we left off last time. The old EGR adapter plate.
And the old gasket.
Well I had picked up an Edelbrock adapter plate that I thought would work. Itís on the left. But the holes would not work on the intake manifold. So I ran down to the local auto parts and picked up the adapter on the right. Iím still not 100% sure having the open plenum adapter is fine. So this may be a temporary setup.
So anyway here Iím proceeding with the install.
Got the studs installed and tightened down.
Installed the spacer.
Now I need to install the fitting for the vacuum for the brake booster hose.
Ok looks like weíre ready to install the carb.
Hooking up hoses and throttle linkage.
Itís time to connect the new fuel filter.
The next item was the electric choke. The ground wire goes to the choke casing and the hot wire goes to switched 12v. Had to reconnect the battery to find my switched 12v.
My tailgate makes a great workbench.
While reconnecting the new battery terminal I picked up the other day the bolt stripped out the inside. So it will not tighten up. So I installed one of the old ones back on for now.
I ran a temporary wire through the firewall for my switched 12v. Yeah I have excess wire at the moment but Iím going for results at the moment. I want to hear this baby run again.
And now for the moment of truth. Got in turned the key. My new battery I bought a couple of weeks ago didnít have enough juice to start. It would turn just a tad and that was it.
So I pulled the battery and itís at the house charging as we speak. Iíve got a quick charge on it so I hope to try again this afternoon.
Thanks for following along!