79 Bronco Katy Texas Build - Page 5 - Ford Bronco Forum
 305Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #81 of 1021 (permalink) Old 12-16-2011, 10:10 PM
Resurection Ranch

Bronco Info: Blue Eyes,Black Stallion, Shadow & Filly
Good deal, I was starting to wonder what was up.

Rick
My Projects- "Left for Dead"
Filly

tidewaterbroncos@gmail.com (also on facebook)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #82 of 1021 (permalink) Old 12-16-2011, 10:22 PM Thread Starter
Redneck Engineer

Bronco Info: 79 Bronco Ranger XLT C6 35's
Yea not enough minutes here lately. I leave when it's dark and get home when it's dark. And busy weekends.

So time to get something going. I know I need brakes and get the blinkers working. Maybe a couple of other things. But it's time to bring her home. Gonna be my Christmas present.
post #83 of 1021 (permalink) Old 12-16-2011, 10:56 PM
Resurection Ranch

Sounds like you deserve it and taking it to a shop takes nothing away from your work over the last couple of months.

Rick
Filly

post #84 of 1021 (permalink) Old 12-20-2011, 10:39 PM

Bronco Info: Looking for 78-79
Nice work! I'm not much on two tone but ur first bronco looked sweet!
post #85 of 1021 (permalink) Old 12-21-2011, 12:00 AM

Bronco Info: 78 Bronco Ranger XLT
nice progress

Aint that some shit

78 Bronco Ranger XLT-351m c6 205 3" BL 33" A/T's
Jericho Build Thread
post #86 of 1021 (permalink) Old 12-21-2011, 12:20 AM

Bronco Info: '94 Bronco Sport, Stock, Automatic
This thread was a very fun read. Awesome to see you are bringing it back to life.

94 Bronco 5.0 Auto 31's on stock suspension
92 Ranger DD 4.0 (thing is indestructible)
post #87 of 1021 (permalink) Old 12-22-2011, 08:57 PM

Bronco Info: 99 jeep cherokee body/ 400m/c6/205, 15" lift, 11.2x24 r-1 interco farm cheifs ,dana 60 rear,44 front
great build..just do like me throw lots (well maybe not lots) o money and definitly lots of blood n sweat...and it will be done before you die...lol...at least i hope i get mine done before i die...loll.....keep up the good work!

Hee Hee!!! I have a torch, and a welder and way too much time on my hands

Be carefull while hugging the trees...They leave dents on your truck...
post #88 of 1021 (permalink) Old 12-23-2011, 06:13 PM Thread Starter
Redneck Engineer

Ok well I towed her to my mechanic today.

She's been in storage since I bought her. Trying to keep the HOA happy. So I dropped her off at my mechanic today so I can get her Inspection ready. I need to get her to pass inspection so I can bring her home. Then I can work on the day to day stuff. So anyway this is my Christmas present. Hope to have her back in a week or two. Getting brakes done and rear axle seal leak fixed.

I'm ready to start driving her.

So stay tuned as the fun continues.

Last edited by 79BroncoSpringTx; 07-22-2012 at 11:57 AM. Reason: Pic Link
post #89 of 1021 (permalink) Old 12-23-2011, 07:06 PM
Resurection Ranch

Good deal, hopefuiiy you get it back in a week. Staying tuned.

Rick
Filly

post #90 of 1021 (permalink) Old 12-23-2011, 07:57 PM Thread Starter
Redneck Engineer

Quote:
Originally Posted by 379sinvb View Post
Good deal, hopefuiiy you get it back in a week. Staying tuned.
Well it will probably be more than a week. But he gives a discount if he has more time to work on it. But I will be glad to be driving her!
post #91 of 1021 (permalink) Old 12-24-2011, 09:54 AM

Bronco Info: '96 FSB on 32s", 351w, E4OD
Quote:
Originally Posted by 79BroncoSpringTx View Post
Well it will probably be more than a week. But he gives a discount if he has more time to work on it. But I will be glad to be driving her!
Getting the Bronco back on the road will be the perfect Christmas present.

If you're pleased with the work your mechanic does, please let me have his name. I've approached several shops in the Woodlands/Spring area about getting some work done and have been asked "is it four wheel drive" which didn't inspire confidence that they have worked on this type of vehicle before.

Keep up the good work - really enjoying the thread.
post #92 of 1021 (permalink) Old 12-24-2011, 11:08 AM Thread Starter
Redneck Engineer

Quote:
Originally Posted by LesMesa View Post
Getting the Bronco back on the road will be the perfect Christmas present.

If you're pleased with the work your mechanic does, please let me have his name. I've approached several shops in the Woodlands/Spring area about getting some work done and have been asked "is it four wheel drive" which didn't inspire confidence that they have worked on this type of vehicle before.

Keep up the good work - really enjoying the thread.
Will do. This is a one man shop. He's been doing it for about 30 years.
post #93 of 1021 (permalink) Old 12-26-2011, 12:28 AM

that foil in the fuse box was a classy fix great project its shaping up to be a nice unit
post #94 of 1021 (permalink) Old 12-26-2011, 12:36 AM
How did I get 6 Rigs??

Bronco Info: '79 351M NP435 and '78 Custom 400M C6 w/sliding windows
Hey 79BroncoSpring! I am in the process of redoing my 79, and have enjoyed the heck outta seeing your efforrts with your 79. I got lucky, and found a great running rig a few weeks ago and have had a BLAST! driving the beast around town. I think your doing a great job on your rig, and maybe when I head to Spring to visit my mom (she lives in the Woodlands), I might have to stop in and check out your rig. If you need any reference materials, I have about 3 or 4 manuals on '79s from the dealerships. The most handy has been the EVTM and the pre-delivery, maintenance and lubrication manual. I am more than happy to shoot you any sheets you might need to help you through any issues you might face.

'79 Bronco 351M 4 Speed Custom.
'79 Bronco. 400 C6 Custom w/AC.
'78 F250 400 Custom 4x4
'78 F250 460 C6 Camper Special
Check out my '79 Restoration Project...http://www.fullsizebronco.com/forum/...d.php?t=203050
post #95 of 1021 (permalink) Old 12-26-2011, 11:48 AM Thread Starter
Redneck Engineer

Thanks guys. Hey TNT give me a shout when you get to town! I'm minutes away from The Woodlands. I just read your build thread. Very nice. I look forward to seeing your progress.
post #96 of 1021 (permalink) Old 01-01-2012, 11:08 AM Thread Starter
Redneck Engineer

Happy New Year everyone. Well I drove by my mechanic yesterday to see if my BKO has moved from the spot I dropped it off at. It hasnít. I did tell him there was no hurry when I dropped it off. He said he could give me a better rate if thatís the case. At least itís out of storage and Iím not paying that monthly fee. Although I canít wait to get her back.

Iím thinking about where to proceed once I get her home. I think a headlight upgrade is in place. We have another 2 and half months until DST changes. Oh and definitely a wash job. There is a ton of dried mud hanging onto the bottom. I have a new ignition switch and door locks to install. The ignition switch currently has a push button with about 6 feet of wire. I guess it made it easier for the PO to start because the choke was screwed up on the old carb. I need to tackle the tail gate. The window needs help to go up. Plus itís really heavy to close. So I will be spending time on the tailgate. Need to add a radio and speakers with an IPod connector. Have to be able to jam out while driving. A closer inspection to see what else needs immediate attention. I appreciate having FSB to show me how to do all these things.
post #97 of 1021 (permalink) Old 01-01-2012, 08:23 PM

Bronco Info: 1990 bronco 9 inch lift 37s built c6 411s
nice bronco. lookin good man
post #98 of 1021 (permalink) Old 01-02-2012, 11:19 PM
Resurection Ranch

Food for thought on what to do it replace weather stripping in the doors, windows and tailgate. You will be able to here the radio/ipod a lot better with that installed. That is if the olds are truely old and in need of replacing. Also since your gonna have panel off maybe some peal and seal behind it to help deadin sound. Lastly try rebuilding the motor and loobing the lifting mechanism should help with the tailgate.

Rick
Filly

post #99 of 1021 (permalink) Old 01-09-2012, 01:48 AM

Bronco Info: 1979 ranger xlt
im new to the forums and new to broncos i have a 79 xlt i have had it for about a week and honestly i love it i have that same carb aswell as an eddlebrock intake even at 230 in the morning it starts first time no problems but on your tg window i rebuilt my motor this morning the po told me it didnt work i tryed the switch heard the motor run and new i was in business thought it was off track.....found out the nylon gear was broke anyway long story short 21 bucks got me a new gear could have gotten a new motor for 45 dollars but from what i have read the 92-96 (?) window motor is a direct bolt in upgrade and that was the $45 motor any way cant wait to read further on your build
post #100 of 1021 (permalink) Old 01-09-2012, 08:43 PM Thread Starter
Redneck Engineer

Thanks everyone. I'm enjoying trying to bring her back.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 379sinvb View Post
Food for thought on what to do it replace weather stripping in the doors, windows and tailgate. You will be able to here the radio/ipod a lot better with that installed. That is if the olds are truely old and in need of replacing. Also since your gonna have panel off maybe some peal and seal behind it to help deadin sound. Lastly try rebuilding the motor and loobing the lifting mechanism should help with the tailgate.
Yea I want to do the peal and seal. And the weatherstripping would be good. Gotta be able to hear my tunes. It will be an ongoing project.

Quote:
Originally Posted by koolbreaze View Post
im new to the forums and new to broncos i have a 79 xlt i have had it for about a week and honestly i love it i have that same carb aswell as an eddlebrock intake even at 230 in the morning it starts first time no problems but on your tg window i rebuilt my motor this morning the po told me it didnt work i tryed the switch heard the motor run and new i was in business thought it was off track.....found out the nylon gear was broke anyway long story short 21 bucks got me a new gear could have gotten a new motor for 45 dollars but from what i have read the 92-96 (?) window motor is a direct bolt in upgrade and that was the $45 motor any way cant wait to read further on your build
Yea the TG will need to be overhauled for sure. Gotta be able to open the TG. The TG will probably be the first thing I tear into. Plus I need to remove some old window tint on the back glass. I'm looking forward to tearing into the TG.

I can't wait to get her home and start again. I'm ready to get behind the wheel. And when summer gets here I'll be pulling the back top off and heading to the beach.

I stopped by my mechanic last Friday after work. He said he was going to get started on it the next day or two. As soon as I know more I'll be posting.

Thanks again for watching everyone.

Ford Bronco Forum > Bronco Discussions > 78 - 96 Build Forum....Builds only

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Bronco Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. DO NOT USE Gmail.com accounts. If you only have a Gmail.com email please contact the administrator here

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode