Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

Dulaney's 82 Bronco Frame Off Rebuild

139K views 677 replies 91 participants last post by  Johnnyreb1 
#1 · (Edited)
Just want to share/document my 82 Bronco Restoration. I have had this Bronco since I was 14. Now 31, I have pulled the trigger on making this Beast new again. My vision is to make the 82 look like my 2008 F250. Hope you enjoy!

Current Photo 9-27-14

See less See more
#2 ·

This should be a picture of my 1982 Bronco Before I began the Restoration in March of 2013. Weak 302 HO motor with rear main seal leak, C6, 3.00 gears, open differential. Does have 4" Rancho Lift Kit up front and 4" Skyjacker leaf springs in the rear.

#3 ·

GT500 Fiberglass Hood from US Body Source. Will eventually be cutout and made functional. The doner Red 1985 Bronco is in the background. The Bronco now has 4.10 gears, limited slip up front and detroit locker in the rear. I am doing a Cab swap and going with the AOD transmission for overdrive. Tired of turning over 3000 rpm going 65mph.

#4 ·

I did go with the Mastercraft Suspension Seats and F250 center console after some research on FSB Forums.

#83 ·
I have been looking at an Engine Factory stroker for some time, after a few emails back and forth with Matt Walsh to sort my motor requirements I will be going with the same engine package. It will be a black block, same rocker covers in black, MSD Atomic EFI and March Trackstyle serpentine system.

Going to be sweet!! Nice choice Dulaney :thumbup

#6 ·

Going to do a cab swap with this 1985 Bronco I found at a salvage for $850. Going to rebuild the AOD in it. The body and floor are in amazing shape.

#7 ·

I went with a new tailgate, strikers, and check cables from LMC Truck. Got the diamond plate cover from JBG. I put a Softtopper on the blue bronco in the background.

#8 ·

Went with a tubular style rear bumper to match the front and side steps. Also, put in a 7-pin trailer plug and 6" drop hitch. So far, I like the Cooper STT 33x12.50 tires.

#12 ·

The Blue Cab been removed and bodywork has started on the Red Cab. The frame body mounts were in great shape. I upgraded to polyurethane mounts a long time ago. The gas tank is one of those plastic tanks. The original tank rusted out several years ago.

#16 ·

Here is the frame all cleaned up and prepped for primer and custom Ford CX tinted bedliner. I had them drop the side steps a couple of inches and bring them out a couple of inches to make them useful. They were tucked to far up before.

#18 ·

Here is what she looks like as of 7-19-2013. Firewall as been bedlined and axles redone. My AOD will be completed this week and they already have my motor.

#20 ·
Engine Factory liked my motor so much that it is now on there website. There is some of the information and cost at the link below. I picked every part on it and they built it, ran it, and tuned it. I was sent photos and videos throughout the build.

Checkout the video of it running on facebook.

https://www.facebook.com/video/video.php?v=543093710831

#22 ·
Holy Stroker Batman!!! :shocked Looks like the Bronco is in good hands :thumbup

#23 ·

So I pick up the AOD tomorrow. Here is what it looked like before I dropped it off a couple months ago. I think the fill tube is new in the photo. Dropping in the wide ratio gear set, larger servos, bands, hardened input output shafts, and custom torque converter. I am not going to use that transfer case. I think I will go with my NP208.

I went with a LPW Racing aluminum deep sump pan and Lokar kickdown cable and accelerator cable.

#24 ·

I am going with JBG engine mounts and transmission mounts. I also purchased the polyurethane body mounts and body hardware kit from JBG. Boy, will that set you back!

#26 ·

I redid the interior trim pieces with SEM Landau Black.

Scored a brand new dash pad no flimsy cover form JBG I believe.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.