Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Austin, TX & Cuchara, CO
Bronco Info: 78 Custom, 84 Custom, 69 Half Cab, 74 Ranger - stock, 76 Trail Rig
Scoop's 84 Bronco 300 Build/Restore
First, I know, I haven't finished my '78 yet and I'm starting another build??
Second, this will be a slow build as I'm in TX and the Bronco is in CO!
Let me clarify. My son bought an 84 Bronco last summer with the intent of having a project he could work on. Well life gets in the way - a baby last year and another on the way early next year - and he decided its not a good time for a money pit! (Probably a good decision!). So first thought was to do a minimal fix up and sell it. But I kind of liked it so I talked the wife into letting me keep it as a driver/second vehicle for our cabin in Colorado.
* 1984 base model - white with red interior
* 300 I6
* NP435 (need to confirm, but looks to be a 4-speed non-OD tranny)
* Bench seat
* Crank windows
* AC, PB, PS
* Cruise control
* Rubber mats (no carpet)
Should be perfect for a summer use only vehicle and I've been wanting a 300/NP435 combo Bronco! It's been sitting outside for about 7 years.
* Typical rust repairs (tailgate, wheel wells, bottom of rear quarters, not sure on floor pans yet)
* Paint (some sort of two-tone red and white)
* rebuild carb (future 4.9 conversion??)
* Brakes - needs complete brake job
* New wheels and tires - 31's or 32's, no lift
That's it for now. I may try to get back to CO this fall and do the carb and brake work to at least get it driveable. I just have a few pics I'll try to post shortly.