After this post, there should be one more and then this should be up to date. This one isn't too far back though, just late December.
One of the last things to do on the truck mechanically was to fix one of the universal joint carriers on the front axle since it snapped. When I bought the truck it came with a new pumpkin and the piece we needed.
To start out we pulled the front axle apart and the half shafts out and it all went very smoothly except for pulling the pumpkin which resulted in covering the floor in gear oil, but that wasn't too big of a deal. Then we swapped in the new piece, put some silicon on it to seal it, and reinstalled it.
Broken piece out
Since it was apart we replaced the drivers side tired ball joints
While we were taking the axle apart we saw one of the automatic locking hubs had this busted plastic piece in it so we decided it was a good time to swap to manual hubs since we wanted to anyways, so we had to wait on them. For Christmas my parents got me them, a new portion of the E brake cable since mine got shredded after the body lift, and the conversion kit for the manual hubs. Then came the part where we put the axle back together.
Drivers side went easy enough.
Cleaned the caliper
Gave it some paint
Then stuck back in the half shaft and the new hub and bolted on the tire. Passenger side didn't go so smooth. We discover the shock tower needed to be replaced because it had a few rust holes in it and then while trying to get it off I blew the nut off the radius arm.
And to finish it all off the break line needed to be replaced. So that was no fun since it killed the hope of getting it driving that week. So I went in and ordered all the stuff we needed and the last of it should be here tomorrow. Totaled up to just under $300.
Big empty space
Front all bedlined
Since we couldn't do much more with the axle until the parts came in we decided to fix the last two rust spots on the body, the big ugly ones in front where the PO cut to make the 42s fit.
So we got to work
Right side wasn't so bad.
And then we used a little bondo and it came out pretty good I think
Gave the crossmember we built a spray of paint
Started putting the interior back in
Put the headlights and grill back in
And then added the tailgate back on and did some more bondo work. Still some more left to do but atleast its not as rough as it was.
And that was mostly it. Tomorrow the rest of my parts should come in so we can get the fourth wheel back on and take her off the jacks.