Well it's been a while since I've updated the build, and a lots been done. She'll be on the road soon. Just in time for when I get my license in March
But for now, let me just get you guys up to date.
When we got the truck the PO had cut the front cross member off and thought the bumper would make up for it! and this didn't work out. So we made up a new one and reinforced the bumper with some 2 inch square tubing. Most of its thin wall but one piece was thick wall.
Fitting it to the bumper
Cut off the frame square
Then painted and welded on
Bumper primed and the underside was cleaned up and rust bulleted
Painted flat black
Bumper on and tested, me and my dad were jumping on it at the same time, didn't even budge with the almost 500 pounds of us. So it passed.
Undersides looking a lot cleaner since when we got it. A little bit of scrapping and painting makes a lot of differences.
Bedlined the rear wheel wells and under the bed with POR bedliner.
Painted the rear drums
Tore apart my front driver seat to fix a couple rips in it
New gas tank getting ready to be put in, it will be the first time she ran since summer.
And after a little wrestling the fuel lines on, success! Fired right up
Since the seat was out we had to make do
And that brings it up to present. Currently we're working on a custom back bumper/spare tire carrier out of the square tubing, body work, and finishing the interior. I got all the carpet back in and redid my rear seat with some spray paint and this vinyl dye stuff. I'm very impressed on how it came out. I don't have any pics of the seat all together yet but here's some after I sprayed it with the dye. It's like a new seat and I couldn't scrape off the dye at all.