budget 84 i6 daily driver. Amateur hour has arrived - Page 8 - Ford Bronco Forum
 135Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #141 of 181 (permalink) Old 02-15-2017, 05:24 PM

Bronco Info: 1981 Ranger XLT, I6/SROD/NP208, Superwinch hubs, 275k and counting
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by disturbio View Post

It's 209.98 shipped to AZ tax and all. It says it's for the pair.... doesn't have you specify left or right side. That's the most economical I've seen. My cheapness says no,but my common sense says yes... It's would save me at least a few hours in prep paint and install.
If you're looking for completely accurate replacements, Dennis Carpenter has them, the JBG and LMC ones have snap in speaker grilles while the DC ones are dead on with the originals
disturbio likes this.

Tough to kill an old six
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #142 of 181 (permalink) Old 02-15-2017, 09:31 PM Thread Starter

Bronco Info: 1984 i6
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by I6-Kid View Post
If you're looking for completely accurate replacements, Dennis Carpenter has them, the JBG and LMC ones have snap in speaker grilles while the DC ones are dead on with the originals
I've heard jbgy is really good but I've never used them yet

I found a pair already detached at the junkyard that are in better shape than mine and black. I may buy those and clean em up instead. I bet I can get em for 30 bucks

84 i6 DD
"El Jugo"
post #143 of 181 (permalink) Old 02-15-2017, 09:35 PM Thread Starter

Garage
Thumbs up Junkyard dawg

I think in going to buy 05 Ford 500 seats I found at the yard. The hole you see is cause I pulled the edge up to see if it's really leather. The edges were, the ass part is not. I don't like the back bench not matching the front seats but there 150 bucks

This is some Googled pics that show what the whole seat looks like

Be nice to be able to adjust em too. I like lumbar support

I also saw a expidition or maybe explorer over head console I think could fit pretty easily

Then I drove around the old train track and the Colorado River since the junk yard is close

84 i6 DD
"El Jugo"

post #144 of 181 (permalink) Old 02-15-2017, 09:40 PM Thread Starter

Garage

SRWillis likes this.

84 i6 DD
"El Jugo"
post #145 of 181 (permalink) Old 02-15-2017, 10:17 PM Thread Starter

Garage
Good shot here

captainpicard300 and SRWillis like this.

84 i6 DD
"El Jugo"
post #146 of 181 (permalink) Old 03-02-2017, 10:28 PM Thread Starter

Garage
Got the Ford 500 junk yard seats. Black leather. Exactly the shit I said I would not do but they looked too nice to pass up. So how does one wire power seats? Time to teach myself to do this I guess
post #147 of 181 (permalink) Old 03-14-2017, 08:13 PM Thread Starter

Garage
Do any of your guys have a corded retractable light under the hood? I found a hood with one attached to it for 30 bucks. I would think it would be plug and play but I've never seen one before. I think it's stock because it is stamped ford
huck2080 and I6-Kid like this.
post #148 of 181 (permalink) Old 03-15-2017, 08:51 AM
Fullsize Member

Bronco Info: 78 Custom, 84 Custom, 69 Half Cab, 74 Ranger - stock, 76 Trail Rig
Garage
Quote:
Do any of your guys have a corded retractable light under the hood? I found a hood with one attached to it for 30 bucks. I would think it would be plug and play but I've never seen one before. I think it's stock because it is stamped ford
I pulled one from an F-series at a JY a few years ago but have not installed it yet. Should be a simple install.
disturbio likes this.
post #149 of 181 (permalink) Old 03-15-2017, 09:13 AM

Bronco Info: 1981 Bronco, 4.9L, T18, NP208
Quote:
Got the Ford 500 junk yard seats. Black leather. Exactly the shit I said I would not do but they looked too nice to pass up. So how does one wire power seats? Time to teach myself to do this I guess
I know what you mean, I'm doin' things to mine I didn't plan on too! I think the seats will look nice in there. Let us know how they mount up and how the wiring goes. I would think you just need a fused power wire to hook it up, but I've never done it either.
disturbio likes this.
post #150 of 181 (permalink) Old 03-15-2017, 10:02 AM

Bronco Info: 1981 Ranger XLT, I6/SROD/NP208, Superwinch hubs, 275k and counting
Garage
Quote:
Both my truck and my dad's have them, I would assume they put the one wire plug in all the stock wiring harnesses just in case
disturbio likes this.

Tough to kill an old six
post #151 of 181 (permalink) Old 03-19-2017, 10:48 PM Thread Starter

Garage
I just think it's a neat option. I've seen those lights on older Chevys before.

I hurt my back so this slow refurb will be even slower now. When I do the seats I'll take a buncha pics. Im thinking of getting the same seat cover srwillis got for the back so it matches.

I like the looks of the back bumper on these years but there is nowhere to stand up on it besides the hitch. I think I may have found my "steps"...

84 i6 DD
"El Jugo"
post #152 of 181 (permalink) Old 03-19-2017, 10:55 PM Thread Starter

Garage
Serves as a warning to tailgaters too

84 i6 DD
"El Jugo"
post #153 of 181 (permalink) Old 03-19-2017, 11:11 PM Thread Starter

Garage
Got a console too.... Sorry purists. It a blazer one that is sized perfectly

84 i6 DD
"El Jugo"
post #154 of 181 (permalink) Old 03-19-2017, 11:28 PM Thread Starter

Garage

84 i6 DD
"El Jugo"
post #155 of 181 (permalink) Old 03-24-2017, 05:13 PM Thread Starter

Garage
Got the overhead console cleaned up and wired. I used shoe polish to darken the maroon parts. Turned out pretty good. Cheap and easy...

Took out the ac controls and because im not too bright I cut the map light area open to pry those lil suckers out. IM sure there was a way but I couldn't find it. Replaced the bulbs with little warm LEDs so they should last awhile

Wrapped vinyl over the old switch plate and left the hole where the knob was so if and when I get a temp gauge and clock I am ready to go. Ran power wire from fuse block just in case....

Now I need to figure how to attach it in a fashion I could remove if I need to
SRWillis likes this.

84 i6 DD
"El Jugo"
post #156 of 181 (permalink) Old 03-24-2017, 05:52 PM Thread Starter

Garage
Im cutting up these metal straps to make a hook so I just have one retaining screw in front. We shall see how it goes. It will be a solid upgrade

SRWillis likes this.

84 i6 DD
"El Jugo"
post #157 of 181 (permalink) Old 03-26-2017, 12:21 PM

Bronco Info: 1990 XLT 5.0, AODE, K&N Hot Air Intake, Motorsport Headers, 3" Dynomax Exhaust
Quote:
All you need is to add some relays and wiring. You obviously know your way around a junkyard, so sourcing Bosch relays and all required parts should cost next to nothing.
disturbio likes this.

"I can't say that a '90 is going to change your mind about Fords... That era of truck isn't known for exceptional reliability or simplicity of maintenance" Steve83
post #158 of 181 (permalink) Old 03-26-2017, 06:57 PM Thread Starter

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by forbye View Post
All you need is to add some relays and wiring. You obviously know your way around a junkyard, so sourcing Bosch relays and all required parts should cost next to nothing.
Im not very electrically inclined. I figured I'd run an inline fuse but if relays aren't too hard to figure out I'd go that route. What is the difference between the two? Oh and is Bosch better than buying a relay at AutoZone?

There certainly was a ton of wiring in the stock donor car

84 i6 DD
"El Jugo"
post #159 of 181 (permalink) Old 03-26-2017, 07:19 PM Thread Starter

Garage
Seats themselves are in good shape

The roughest spot is here and it's not too bad at all

84 i6 DD
"El Jugo"
post #160 of 181 (permalink) Old 03-27-2017, 12:49 AM

Bronco Info: 1990 XLT 5.0, AODE, K&N Hot Air Intake, Motorsport Headers, 3" Dynomax Exhaust
Quote:
Im not very electrically inclined. I figured I'd run an inline fuse but if relays aren't too hard to figure out I'd go that route. What is the difference between the two? Oh and is Bosch better than buying a relay at AutoZone?
Relay are used for high amp draws as the switch just triggers the relay to send power to the accessory. Most switches can't handle the power that the accessory needs. I'm not well versed on power seat installs so I don't know if the relays are built into the seat base or located elsewhere on the donor vehicle.

Bosch is the industry standard for relays and you'll find the name used to describe the device and needed accessories to install them. The worst Bosch relay you get from a junkyard is better than the best No-name relay Autozone sells. Just like you always hear that you should only buy Motorcraft for a Ford, you should only buy Bosch relays for electrical needs. Keep in mind it's only the actual relay that should be Bosch, the socket can be any manufacturer.

Here's a couple links, one will explain relays better than I can and the other is a well known supplier:

Using Relays To Wiring Off Road Lights And Accessories

https://www.delcity.net/store/Relay-...nnectors/p_305

"I can't say that a '90 is going to change your mind about Fords... That era of truck isn't known for exceptional reliability or simplicity of maintenance" Steve83

Ford Bronco Forum > Bronco Discussions > 78 - 96 Build Forum....Builds only

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Bronco Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. DO NOT USE Gmail.com accounts. If you only have a Gmail.com email please contact the administrator here

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode