Donor truck was a 1987 F-350 diesel. I gave up its frame with axles and the floor of its bed. The bed floor will replace the back of my bronco. I grabbed the fuel filler too, because, surprise, mine was rotted out.
I am going to keep the F-350's leaf sprung front Dana 60 set-up, Rear is a Sterling 10.25". 4.10 gears.
I had to cut the frame down in two places because I couldn't get all 28" out in one place. 21" out behind where the cab used to mount, and 7" up near the transfer case. I sandblasted and ground down the frame as much as I reasonable could, from the back up to the motor mounts. Then I brushed on a rust converter and painted it in Rustolium Hammertone.
I used sections of the frame that I removed to box in the areas where I made my cuts.
Motor under the plastic is the 460 that was in my bronco when I got it. I used L&L diesel to 460 swap brackets and mounts to bolt it into the truck frame.
Time to put the frame under the bronco for the first time.
Doing this all by myself can sometimes be a challenge, my Jeep was wiling to help give a push. You can see in this picture also that I have replaced the front floor pans and body mounts. Both the pans and mounts were junk on both sides.
I had to move the front body mounts for the frame ahead 6 1/4" to mate up with the bronco mounts. I moved them forward and up a bit.
Brackets are bolted with an extra piece on top to support the top of the bracket. Then I added a few welds just for my piece of mind. Haven't cleaned up the welds of painted any of it yet.
This pretty much bring me up to where I am now. I have the front body mounts bolted down. Next up is doing all the rest, three more sets. Plenty more things to do after that too.