Finally completed my front clip swap!
Here is how I did it:
Unbolt the front clip. Save all the bolts, you will need them later. I was able to snake the core support out without pulling the radiator or trans cooler.
I had to cut the head off the core support mounting bolts with a plasma cutter in order to get them out. I replaced these mounts with one I got for free from a junkyard (Still waiting on another one) and new polyurethane mounts.
Here they are all laid out, also pictured are some JBG frame savers I didn't need.
Here is the sandblasted and painted core support from the 84 above the old one. They look very similar.
While I had it apart, I painted the front half of my frame with POR15
Also did my battery tray and coolant/air box mount
The 84 radiator won't work with the newer truck, because the inlet/outlet holes are on opposite sides from the 95 radiator. So I modified the 84 core support to work with the 95 radiator.
The lower radiator mounts are spot welded onto the 95 support, drill them out, and attach them to the 84 support. Here is what they look like removed and sandblasted:
Here they are painted and bolted to the new support. I should have welded them on, because the bolts caused interference with the battery tray bracket.
I used the 95 battery tray, and had to drill a big hole in it so the nut would fit through, and I couldn't use the lower bolt hole on the tray.
The upper radiator mounts are also farther spread apart on the 95. I didn't get a picture, but I used a hole saw and a smaller bit to replicate the factory holes, and inserted the clip from the 95.
Once you have the radiator mounts made, you are ready to put the new core support on the truck. I needed to use the 95 center hoop, but you might not need to if you don't have a trans cooler or AC. I also needed to trim the upper mount on the left side of the hoop a tiny bit to work with the 84 hood handle. You need to use the 84 hood latch. The cable from the 95 worked fine. Leave the core support bolts loose until you have the front fenders lined up.
Then start fitting the fenders. You will need to modify the lower mounts. Some people just use L brackets. I cut mine, oriented them, and welded them on the correct way. Then I mounted the front fenders. USE THE 80-86 INNER FENDERS. I thought I could use the 92-96 ones, and they do not work. I chopped mine up to fit in there, and I will have to go back later and replace them with 80-86 ones. I also used an 87-91 cowl panel, since it was an upgraded design from the 80-86 style. The 92-96 cowl won't work. The hood lines are not the same.
Spliced in the older headlight wiring. Turn signals and marker lights were the same. Just needed a smaller bulb for the marker lights to fit in the older housing.
I made sure I had all the grounds reattached, hooked up the battery, and made sure it still ran.
The air box mount/overflow tank doesn't fit very well inside the older fenders. I need to go back later and modify them to work better. The hood bolts right on, and I put on my grille, headlight surrounds, and clear turn signals I saved from my last bronco.
I haven't made new bumper mounts yet. The 92-96 F150/Bronco frames have a crumple zone that sticks out farther than the older frames. I'm going to have to cut a few inches off the front of the frame to make the bumper fit right. I just made some Z shaped brackets that use the 95 mounts to temporarily mount the bumper.
Here's what it looks like:
Still needs paint and a better passenger fender, but it is done for now