393 stroker - Page 2 - Ford Bronco Forum
 3Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #21 of 27 (permalink) Old 03-16-2017, 11:19 AM Thread Starter

So it is possible to bore a 351W block .30 over and use the stock crank right? Is the crank going to have to be machined?If so what arms and I going to need? Can I just reuse the stock ones? Are the stock arms going to fit the performance piston pins? Everything but the crankshaft and piston rods is going to be performance parts, so will the the arms hold up to the extra 100+ hp reliably?
Anyone done anything like this?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #22 of 27 (permalink) Old 03-16-2017, 11:44 AM
Charlie doesn't surf!!

Bronco Info: 1992 xlt, 351EFI, .040, E4OD, D44 SAS w/Trutrac,Detroit locked 8.8, MAF conv, Tweeced
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by 351W_92Bronco View Post
So it is possible to bore a 351W block .30 over and use the stock crank right? Is the crank going to have to be machined?If so what arms and I going to need? Can I just reuse the stock ones? Are the stock arms going to fit the performance piston pins? Everything but the crankshaft and piston rods is going to be performance parts, so will the the arms hold up to the extra 100+ hp reliably?
Anyone done anything like this?
it's possible to bore the block .040 and use the stock crank..that's what I have in my rig. you'll definitely want the crank balanced.
post #23 of 27 (permalink) Old 03-16-2017, 03:57 PM
Ford Hoarder

Bronco Info: See Signature
Do you mean rods when you say arms? If so the stock rods will be ok. The Pins in them are press fit. Just have a shop press the new pistons on, or you could have them opened up on the piston end to be a slip fit and then use spiral locks in your pistons and have floating pins.
What you will do on the crank is have it machined .010" under sized, then run a thicker bearing to make up the difference. The bearings are what will change none of the other parts.
I would upgrade the bolts in the stock rods to ARP's. Then I think you would be ok, assuming your not going to be in the high rpm range all the time.
Ohio Crank has H-beams for $460 that would give you room to grow if you ever wanted to push the power even further, you could get those now. They are for floating wrist pins.
Ohio Crankshaft the ones labeled FordW are what you would want
coast high has them too https://www.coasthigh.com/SCAT-4340-.../sca-65955.htm

The Street Queen: '92 Eddie Bauer- C6 Swap, Roller 357W 400hp/400ft-lbs, SCT Tuned, 4" Lift, 4.10's,
Go Fastish Build: '78 Custom- 4" Deaver Lift, Mild 460, Full Cage, 4.10's
Build Thread http://www.fullsizebronco.com/forum/...8-project.html

post #24 of 27 (permalink) Old 03-17-2017, 01:35 PM Thread Starter

By arms yes I mean piston arms will I have to do a .40 overbore or just .30
post #25 of 27 (permalink) Old 03-17-2017, 04:24 PM
Ford Hoarder

Bronco Info: See Signature
only machine shop will be able to tell you that. All depends on how deep the marks are in the cylinders.

The Street Queen: '92 Eddie Bauer- C6 Swap, Roller 357W 400hp/400ft-lbs, SCT Tuned, 4" Lift, 4.10's,
Go Fastish Build: '78 Custom- 4" Deaver Lift, Mild 460, Full Cage, 4.10's
Build Thread http://www.fullsizebronco.com/forum/...8-project.html
post #26 of 27 (permalink) Old 03-27-2017, 10:23 AM Thread Starter

357!?

Speed pro pistons
Stock crank
Stock arms*
Comp cam*
*https://m.summitracing.com/parts/cca...y_xoC1bDw_wcB*
Is that all I need for the cam with a stock head?
Ported Stock heads*
Stock intake manifold and throttlebody wich will be upgraded later
Bearing,rings, gaskets etc..

So what do y'all think? Sound solid? Not sure if I have everything I need for the cam, any suggestions are appreciated
post #27 of 27 (permalink) Old 03-27-2017, 01:18 PM

Bronco Info: 1995 XLT 5.8 .040 Roller Cam X heads JBA headers 4" Skyjacker 33s 4:11s L/S rear Tru Trac front E4OD
It says right in the description IN CAPITAL LETTERS- NOT FOR EFI. Cmon man, you can do better researching.

Ford Bronco Forum > Bronco Discussions > 78 - 96 Build Forum....Builds only

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Bronco Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. DO NOT USE Gmail.com accounts. If you only have a Gmail.com email please contact the administrator here

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode