Ford Bronco Forum - View Single Post - My 81's Road to Road-Worthiness
View Single Post
post #6 of (permalink) Old 03-28-2016, 08:25 PM Thread Starter
SRWillis

Bronco Info: 1981 Bronco, 4.9L, T18, NP208
Quote:
Originally Posted by ahamilton30 View Post
Thats a great find!!! Whats the condition on the interior. The paint looks pretty darn good for something that has been sun baked!
Thanks, the paint looks better in the pics than in person, but it's not too bad. Has at least one repaint. The interior isn't too bad for being mostly original, but it does to be refreshed.Has a rubber mat up front and carpet in the rear. Dash pad is cracked bad. Rear seat looks great, but front seat bottom is rough. I like the bench, that's what I was looking for, so I think I'll put some covers on the front and keep my eyes open for a later bench w/headrests or some 60/40s.

Rear window works by the key switch and PO sent a new dash switch. Headlights and brake lights work, but running lights do not. Windshield wipers work on high speed, but I didn't realize until I tried them that the wiper blades were gone. Whoops!

A couple buddies said it looks like a fun project. So far it has been, hope it stays that way as I don't really enjoy wrenching as much as I used to. Maybe 20 or 30 years ago I would be pulling the tub off like many on here do, but I don't have it in me anymore. I just hope to get it running good, be dependable and look half way decent.

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome