Custom, Ranger, Ranger XLT and Lariat - Page 5 - Ford Bronco Forum
Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #81 of 96 (permalink) Old 09-18-2008, 10:46 AM Thread Starter
Retired Staff

Bronco Info: 79 Bronco, 47 Binder
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cornfedwhitey View Post
Flipping awesome! You always have the dead nuts on answer.. Thanks for the info.

Thats correct, mine is totally molding -less and from what the po told me it was a solid brown from the factory. I just don't want it brown.. When it gets painted its getting done the right way. Inside and out.

Your welcome. I don't mind one bit posting up info on the 78-79's when I know I have the right answer. I have learned a few things about them over the years.

To do yours right would require buying the lower molding. Not at all hard to put on once you have all the pieces. I think a tu-tone Bronco looks much nicer than a solid colored Bronco.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #82 of 96 (permalink) Old 06-15-2009, 03:35 PM

Bronco Info: 78 Ranger XLT 351M
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ranger429 View Post
Yep Mike the racetrack trim was standard on the XLT also and has been corrected above.

The captain chairs show above as being available in 79 only, 1st year they were released. And the book lists an optional skid plate for the 25 gal tank, I personally have never seen a skid plate for a 25 tank.

EDIT: The trim on the side of the body is called body side trim, not racetrack. The racetrack trim is the lower trim that usually surrounds the tu-tone paint. Some Bronco and F-series trucks recieved the lower racetrack while being painted a solid color.
I have a 78 Ranger XLT and it too has the skid plate on a 25 gallon tank, i just wish the original owner had got the skid plate for the t-case
I do have the quad shock, both sway bars, fold away mirrors, low back buckets and all the dash wood grain.
post #83 of 96 (permalink) Old 08-03-2010, 11:18 PM
CAL

i saw on one of the posts stating that the bronco came with a cb as an option. it stated that the if it came with a cb, that there would be no ashtray in the left rear cargo area? well i have no ashtray, and there is a hole with a plastic collar on the outside left rear quarter, near the gas door. the guy i bought the bronco off of said he had a cb and removed it prior to sell. not sure if it was factory or after market. be cool to know if this was in deed a factory option hole or after market.

post #84 of 96 (permalink) Old 08-03-2010, 11:34 PM

Bronco Info: 79 Ranger XLT-460,NP435,NP205,stock axles/3.50's,2.5"RC lift,33"trxxs mt's,72 impala horn(best mod)
yeah....but it'd be a lot cooler if the cb was still there.
post #85 of 96 (permalink) Old 08-04-2010, 07:19 AM Thread Starter
Retired Staff

Quote:
Originally Posted by CAL View Post
well i have no ashtray, and there is a hole with a plastic collar on the outside left rear quarter, near the gas door.
If the collar is buy the gas door it is an aftermarket piece. If you have no signs of an ash tray pull the cargo panel off and see if there is a silver box with a wiring harness going to it. Take a picture of the cargo panel, specifically the front half, and I could tell if that cargo panel was originally for a factory CB system. After 30+ years who knows if it is the original cargo panel to the Bronco.
post #86 of 96 (permalink) Old 08-04-2010, 09:59 AM

Bronco Info: 96 XLT/5.0/E4OD
Did Broncos ever get the rocker moulding that I see on a lot of F-series that runs along the bottom of the body? I can't say that I've ever seen a Bronco with it.

Also, for the F-series bed rails...was that apart of any package or was that a dealer add-on item. I just pulled a a decent set out of the junkyard last weekend for my F100 and was just curious. I pulled mine off of a Ranger XLT, but I've seen them on everything from Customs to Lariats.

Quote:
You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life.
-Winston Churchill
post #87 of 96 (permalink) Old 05-09-2011, 10:38 AM

Bronco Info: 4-79 Ranger XLT Bronco's, 2-96 EB Bronco's, 4-79 F-150's 4x4, 3-79 F350 SC 4x4, 1997 F350 XLT 4x4 PS
Ranger429 (or anyone else that could help with info), I found a 1979 bronco with 80k original miles, original paint etc. It is a "trailer special" Ranger XLT. I read some of your info about the "options" for the trailer special. It has the factory swing out mirrors, rear sway bar, tilt/cruise/AC, but not sure about other options. The guy that owns it doesn't even know it's a trailer special (atleast he didn't mention it)? I noticed the badge on the tailgate in one of the pictures he sent me. It was his father's bronco who past away and now he is trying to sell it and I am thinking of buying it---great price!!??

Can you give me more of the options that it "might" have? How rare are the trailer special's? The radiator appears larger as well. I am just not real familar with the trailer specials options...? Thanks!!
post #88 of 96 (permalink) Old 05-09-2011, 10:44 AM Thread Starter
Retired Staff

The only way I could tell what other options it has is by looking at it. Marti Auto can break down what t came with from the factory. As far as the Trailer Special there are no numbers that give a total production that I know of.

This is the only thing listed in the book for the T/S equipped models.

Light duty trailer towing package:
Good for towing up to 2,000lbs.
This package included a heavy duty radiator, external oil cooler, seven lead trailer harness, heavy duty turn signal flasher and the Trailer Special emblem on the T-gate.

Heavy duty trailer towing package:
Good for towing up to 6,000lbs.
This package included a heavy duty alternator,heavy duty battery, HD rear shocks, bigger radiator, rear sway bar, swing out recreational mirrors, amp meter, oil pressure gauge, HD front springs, external oil cooler and the Trailer Special emblem on the T-gate.
post #89 of 96 (permalink) Old 05-09-2011, 11:25 AM

Bronco Info: 4-79 Ranger XLT Bronco's, 2-96 EB Bronco's, 4-79 F-150's 4x4, 3-79 F350 SC 4x4, 1997 F350 XLT 4x4 PS
Ranger429, thanks!! So, just becuase it has a larger radiator and swing out mirrors doesn't necessarily mean it's a HD version right? The guy selling it doesn't know anything about bronco's, so he can't tell me much...just sent me a few pictures of it. It is out of California and has zero rust anywhere. I just like the thought of having a "trailer special" for my collection and didn't know how rare they are since I have only seen a handful of them.
post #90 of 96 (permalink) Old 05-09-2011, 12:19 PM
FSM Lifetime

Bronco Info: '79 Custom, 79 XLT,'78 XLT,'89,'94,'95(sold) Centurions,'73 'Cuda(sold),'72 427 Pantera (not sold (0
Where does the Explorer package fit into the scheme of things?

Wiliam E. Shobel
1941-2010

A list of the toys
Quote:
Let's get down to brass tacks. How much for the ape?
Quote:
So it slips through your hands like grains of sand, you watch it go
post #91 of 96 (permalink) Old 05-09-2011, 12:31 PM Thread Starter
Retired Staff

Quote:
Originally Posted by scott79 View Post
Ranger429, thanks!! So, just becuase it has a larger radiator and swing out mirrors doesn't necessarily mean it's a HD version right? The guy selling it doesn't know anything about bronco's, so he can't tell me much...just sent me a few pictures of it. It is out of California and has zero rust anywhere. I just like the thought of having a "trailer special" for my collection and didn't know how rare they are since I have only seen a handful of them.

Correct, swing out mirrors and an HD radiator does not signify a T/S only model. When I got my Bronco from Ca as well it was not disclosed it was a T/S. Once I started in on it I had decided to keep it. Original plan was to fix it a bit and resell. The solid body/no rust/T/S model made me change my mind and now I'm glad I did.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4drbronko View Post
Where does the Explorer package fit into the scheme of things?
It doesn't, no Explorer Bronco's. If your asking about P/U trucks then the Explorer package could of been added to any model AFAIK.
post #92 of 96 (permalink) Old 07-11-2011, 06:48 AM
89 Problems

Bronco Info: 1989 with MAF 351w, D60 front w/ARB, 14 Bolt rear W/ARB, c6, 1356, 37s, Cage arms, etc
Garage
Hey Ranger, it's been a while.
i've got some buddies from restoration school telling me I am wrong about the '78 headlights... I thought only '78 customs had the round ones, and all other models had squares. Is this true for all truck packages as well, or were there more with the round lights? my friend is telling me his dad's '78 lariat had rounds.

I know you believe you understood what you think I said
but I am not sure you realize that what you heard
is not what I meant
post #93 of 96 (permalink) Old 04-13-2013, 11:32 AM Thread Starter
Retired Staff

Quote:
Originally Posted by Happster View Post
Hey Ranger, it's been a while.
i've got some buddies from restoration school telling me I am wrong about the '78 headlights... I thought only '78 customs had the round ones, and all other models had squares. Is this true for all truck packages as well, or were there more with the round lights? my friend is telling me his dad's '78 lariat had rounds.
I highly doubt that a Lariat came with round headlights. AFAIK 78 Customs got round and the XLT-up got rectangular. All 79's got rectangular.

Adding some new info, 79 Bronco prices. If your going to pirate my images at least have the decency to tell where you got them.

post #94 of 96 (permalink) Old 08-29-2013, 09:04 AM Thread Starter
Retired Staff

Some information for the Trailer Special package and towing specs.

post #95 of 96 (permalink) Old 09-05-2013, 12:05 AM

Bronco Info: 78 XLT, 429 Thunderjet, C6, sh ackle flip in rear, 4" springs in front, 4.56 gears, f& r trac loc
Hey Ranger, those pages look exactly like the pages in my 79 F Series Owners Manual!
post #96 of 96 (permalink) Old 06-02-2014, 01:43 PM
penis

Bronco Info: 1978 Bronco Freewheeler
Vin decoder for pre-1981 cars and trucks just does a general discripition nothing to detailed
http://www.vinwiz.com/
Found out my bronco came with the 400M kinda nice to know
Closed Thread

Ford Bronco Forum > Bronco Discussions > 1978-'79 Bronco Tech

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Bronco Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. DO NOT USE Gmail.com accounts. If you only have a Gmail.com email please contact the administrator here

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode