Post a Picture of your Bronco - Page 4 - Ford Bronco Forum
 82Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #61 of 1740 (permalink) Old 05-18-2004, 11:22 AM
Welcome to the jungle

Bronco Info: '78 with a tailgate
I'm not really sure how I feel about that freewheelin' paint. Its cool, but it sure is dated.

Lonestar Bronco on Supermotors.org
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #62 of 1740 (permalink) Old 05-18-2004, 11:36 PM

Bronco Info: 79 Bronco
It may be dated, but it's groovy, man! Personally, I like it better than the run-of-the-mill two-tone paint jobs. I sorta like the monotone clay color that Lonestar_Bronco has! (By the way, my house is still hanging on to some of those avocado green appliances, but I couldn't bring myself to color-coordinate the Bronco with them!)

bnkrtstk - Another one! I wonder how many of the Free Wheelin' Edition was produced???

I just started to buy new body panels, got the tailgate in the box for $100 from a buddy. I looked and looked and cannot find the cromatic stripe kit. I thought I had a handle on them but the only one I could find was missing pieces. My body guy is going to duplicate the existing stripe kit. I am going to ask him about reflective paint to try to simulate the cromatic stripe.

millpondmonster - Thanks for the great pics of the BRONCO! I like the Rockwells. Is that drag links with a power steering box? I thought that Rockwells used hydraulic rams to steer with. I would have liked to go with 2.5ton stuff, but I wanted to keep it street legal and I was under the impression that you can't run hydraulic steering on the street. Something about a mechanical system must be used, but can be assisted with hydraulic. I didn't really check into the laws regarding this, just got the 14Bolt/D60. I do like that Bronco though. Got some engine, tires, gear ratio, transfer case specs?? I'm not really up to speed with drivetrains rated over a ton. Curious though (future upgrade???).

mudpux - Thanks for the compliment. Believe me, it took the commitment of both my wallet and my family and almost three years time to get this far. We are dedicated to this project and we hope to enjoy it for many years to come. It does take a lot to do something like this, but it is worth it, as I am sure that many here can attest to! Hope to be at the bogs soon.

Everyone - Keep posting the great pics! There are lots of fans of Broncos out there! I love to check out everyone's cool rides. Thanks JD

79 Bronco Ranger XLT Free Wheelin' Edition
69 Lincoln 460 14Bolt/D60 5.13 Detroit/Powr-lok
12" Lift - 44 Hawgs; L&L Headers & Brackets

71 F100 I6-240 w/ cold A/C for the drive to work!

Link to Maximus
post #63 of 1740 (permalink) Old 05-19-2004, 07:39 AM
No avatar required

Bronco Info: Mods don't have Broncos silly
Quote:
Originally Posted by 791TonBronco460
bnkrtstk - Another one! I wonder how many of the Free Wheelin' Edition was produced???

I just started to buy new body panels, got the tailgate in the box for $100 from a buddy. I looked and looked and cannot find the cromatic stripe kit. I thought I had a handle on them but the only one I could find was missing pieces. My body guy is going to duplicate the existing stripe kit. I am going to ask him about reflective paint to try to simulate the cromatic stripe.
Paul from PJB has a complete set, but wants big money for it. There is a guy here parting one out that the body didn't look too bad. I think it was Gub_ni, he is in TN.

95 XLT Stock

post #64 of 1740 (permalink) Old 05-19-2004, 01:54 PM

Bronco Info: 79 bronco 351m/400 np435, 6" superflex lift, 35x15.50x15 super swamper sx
Top off Banshee in the back time for fun.[IMG][/IMG]
post #65 of 1740 (permalink) Old 05-20-2004, 03:18 AM

Smile

Quote:
millpondmonster - Thanks for the great pics of the BRONCO! I like the Rockwells. Is that drag links with a power steering box? I thought that Rockwells used hydraulic rams to steer with. I would have liked to go with 2.5ton stuff, but I wanted to keep it street legal and I was under the impression that you can't run hydraulic steering on the street. Something about a mechanical system must be used, but can be assisted with hydraulic. I didn't really check into the laws regarding this, just got the 14Bolt/D60. I do like that Bronco though. Got some engine, tires, gear ratio, transfer case specs?? I'm not really up to speed with drivetrains rated over a ton. Curious though (future upgrade???).
they came with drag link and tie rod steering. We used a Dodge power steering box and half of a Dodge drag link mated to half of the rockwell drag link to get the right direction of travel and the proper connections on it. The tire size is 45" tall x 12" wide on 20" wheels and a set of 55" tall x 24" wide implement tires on 26" wheels 20" of lift on top of the rockwells and tires. drive train is a 400M, "Granny low"-2wd-4spd, divorced 205 t-case (so we could step things down for driveline angles) 6.72:1 ratio, 2-1/2 ton rockwell toploaders (hence the name 2-1/2tonbronco). It belongs to my youngest son who is mostly the one who built it. He started out about 4 or 5 months before his 16th birthday with a stock bronco that was missing some parts and had a very tired 351M in it, put it together stock and kept adding more and bigger parts until at just barely past his 18th birthday this was what he ended up with. He fabricated the bumpers and most of the lift hardware, steering mods, drivelines, and stacked the frames himself (most of that was done in our driveway).

Darn Riceburners Usually Get Stuck
post #66 of 1740 (permalink) Old 05-24-2004, 09:59 PM

Bronco Info: 1978 Bronco
Here is mine so far.
Clean:

Dirty:

Still lots of plans ahead.
post #67 of 1740 (permalink) Old 05-25-2004, 12:51 AM

Sure no prob......Its a 78 with the 351m with edlbrock cam, intake manifold, and 650 cfm 4 barrel carb, k&n filter. C-6 and np205. its got a 6" skyjacker and a 2" body. 38x15.5 parnelli jones dirt grips on 15x12 ae589 rims. Custom front bumper. Interior floors and cargo walls are rhino lined, with new carpet on top. Doors, tailgate and hood were replaced with new ones (never buy aftermarket doors, took all kinds of work to line them up and they still dont fit right) and the whole truck was stripped and painted with 2003 silver metallic clearcoat by ford. Would have gone with a cheaper paint and painter but I have a couple of friends that gave me a deal I couldnt refuse. In the works: New custom rear bumper with 2" reciever and d-rings. Kayline soft top is comming off, Skyler "fastback" style top going on. 14 bolt rear with 4.10 or 4.56's..havent decided yet and im swapping the 44 front to 8 lug outers to match. 6" kit is comming off for a 9" kit ive been putting together. mostly superlift stuff, but I am going to have some 8.5" leafs made, and possibly some custom radius arms if things work out as planned. Not so near future: 39.5's or 40's, dana 60 front. line-x on the rear lower quarter panels, 460 when this darn 351 dies...i just cant kill it.....thats all I have on my plate for now, but we all know that it never ends, thats why its fun.

james.
post #68 of 1740 (permalink) Old 05-25-2004, 09:08 AM
Welcome to the jungle

Bronco Info: '78 with a tailgate
Quote:
It may be dated, but it's groovy, man! Personally, I like it better than the run-of-the-mill two-tone paint jobs. I sorta like the monotone clay color that Lonestar_Bronco has!
It is actually camo, I just had a butt load of dust (red clay type) built up on it that weekend.

Lonestar Bronco on Supermotors.org
post #69 of 1740 (permalink) Old 05-27-2004, 10:21 PM

my new one...

post #70 of 1740 (permalink) Old 06-03-2004, 04:29 PM

Well the soft top isnt in the best shape....i removed the straps that you can use to roll up the sides and pintched the snaps so they wouldnt rattle. It still has the ones for the back wiindow, but they have streched out some. It has a 3" part on the rear seam where the stiching is comming apart. Also it has about 2-3 broken snaps. The vinyl is in good shape and all the brackets and stuff are good. I por-15'ed some of the parts as they needed it. It would be a good top if you wanted to fix it, or if you just wanted something lighter and easier than the hard top. But its by no means in "like new" condition. If you all are still interested I will sell it cheap as long as you pay for shipping. E-mail me at JHBrunt@aol.com if you are interested.

thanks,
James
post #71 of 1740 (permalink) Old 06-05-2004, 11:01 AM

Bronco Info: '79/351/c6/205
Heres a quick driveway shot of my new beast...

Soon to be on 33"s hopefully.
Will
post #72 of 1740 (permalink) Old 06-07-2004, 07:56 PM

Thanks for the compliment...glad that you enjoy it!

I hope to get it re-painted soon...the same color combo of course

here's a couple of more shots...

post #73 of 1740 (permalink) Old 06-25-2004, 10:27 PM
Mr. Asks Alot

Bronco Info: 78' Bronco

thats my bronco shes gorgeous...
post #74 of 1740 (permalink) Old 07-03-2004, 02:55 PM

Bronco Info: 1978 Bronco Custom - 429 Big Block, 6 inch Suspension, Cutout flares, T18 4 speed manual, NP205 TCase, Dana 44 Front (Converted to 8 lug), Dana 70 rear (Welded), 4.10 gears

Here's my 78 .. Specs are in my signature ..

She's not the best looking 78 around .. I plan on doing body work and interior work and what not in the future .. And look, round headlights :P

1978 Ford Bronco Custom
-
429c.i.d Big Block
T18 4 speed Manual Transmission
NP205 Transfercase
Stock Dana 44 Front - Converted to 8 lug, 4.09 Gears
Dana 70 Rear - Welded, 4.10 Gears
6 inch Superlift Suspension
Cutout fender flares
-
39.5x13.5-17 Super Swamper Iroks
17x9x4.5 Series 97 Rock Crawler Steel Wheels
-
http://www.mudnuts.org/gallery/members_raider
post #75 of 1740 (permalink) Old 07-03-2004, 05:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rsm688

thats my bronco shes gorgeous...
Sweet truck, love the color scheme on it! Don't think I have seen one exactly like it before, did you custom paint or are those factory ford two tone colors?

Nice truck Raider, looks like it's been used for a purpose and looks quite capable in that role. Love the pic with your daughter, don't know what I woulda thought if my dad owned a truck with tires the height of me..cause I thought our old f350 was big..
post #76 of 1740 (permalink) Old 07-28-2004, 03:39 AM

Bronco Info: 78 Ranger XLT
I'm finally able to post a pic of my new toy.

I have big plans for it, but for now I would just like to get an inspection sticker.

Chris
post #77 of 1740 (permalink) Old 08-03-2004, 12:25 PM

Bronco Info: 1978 Bronco 351M 6" Lift 4:56 front and rear, locked rear, 37" MTs
Hello all. New here and all that. So I'll start off right and post some pics of my blue beast. I already know one of you (Lonestar_Bronco), but then he's the only other person I know in North Dallas that drives a real 4x4

Before our little offroad jaunt

Look... round headlights...

More mud

My baby sitting while I watch Lonestar try to climb a pretty steep hill
post #78 of 1740 (permalink) Old 08-09-2004, 05:43 PM
Shhhh, I'm not here

Bronco Info: '79 Bronco, 4" Superlift, Perf- 408, Holley 670, C6 w/shift kit, 35" Dick Cepek Mud Country
Here is my '79. Just got it about a month ago.

Here is the '92 custom.

post #79 of 1740 (permalink) Old 08-23-2004, 03:06 PM

Bronco Info: 10 second 79 Bronco

www.superford.org/registry/vehicles/detail.php?id=3878
post #80 of 1740 (permalink) Old 08-23-2004, 04:05 PM
Shhhh, I'm not here

Bronco Info: '79 Bronco, 4" Superlift, Perf- 408, Holley 670, C6 w/shift kit, 35" Dick Cepek Mud Country
Nice bronco, can I race it?

Ford Bronco Forum > Bronco Discussions > 1978-'79 Bronco Tech

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Bronco Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. DO NOT USE Gmail.com accounts. If you only have a Gmail.com email please contact the administrator here

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode