Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

Good junk yards around Atlanta?

2K views 8 replies 4 participants last post by  SemperBronco1 
#1 ·
I finally got a bronco and it needs a ton of work. Most of it is undoing things the PO messed up. Anyways, it's missing quite a few odds and ends like the fuel schrader valve, lower air filter box, some of the rear brake parts like the parking brake hardware, stuff that you can't buy at a local store but should be plentiful at a junk yard. I plan on hitting up one or two this weekend.

Anyone know of any with lots of our year fords in the Atlanta area? Preferably in the northwest side but willing to drive if there's a better one elsewhere.

#2 ·
ok, ill use this as a junkyard report. i ended up going to U Wrench It in norcross. big mistake, at least i think. i found most of the stuff i was looking for, but it was slim pickins. i went there because they showed a 91, 92, 93, and 95 f150s and most of those were a week or 2 old. they also had a few E vans.

all of the f150s except 1 were inline 6's, the last one was a 5.0. all were 2wd. most were kinda picked over. the main parts were there like the engine and transmission but it was pretty obvious that lots of people had already picked the parts they wanted.

i remember 2 E vans with small block motors, one was an inline 6. this one had the saginaw pump and bracket. i didnt see the a/c compressor, and there was no place to mount it on the bracket, not sure where the compressor mounts up on the inline 6, if its like the v8's where it mounts on the power steering bracket or not. either way, the bracket wouldnt do me any good and i have bigger fish to fry than a power steering pump right now, so i left it there for the next person. the other E van was a v8, couldnt tell if it was 5.0 or 5.8 but it was missing the saginaw pump and bracket.

next time i will try another junk yard rather than returning to that one. i got the stuff i needed but only because it was pretty common stuff. i hope im not expecting too much but i thought with all these vehicles produced, parts would still be plentiful. im starting to rethink that now.

#3 ·
There is one located in Fayetteville on the south side of Atlanta that i can't remember the name of. Went a year ago and they had 3 broncos on the lot but parts went quick while i was scrounging for all my trim trinkets. Plenty of obs fords as well. May be worth the drive.

#4 ·
thanks. I'll have to look it up next time i go. yeah, the main issue with the junk yards I've been to is they don't have many obs fords. i think since the yards are so close to the city they focus more on cars and the 97-03 trucks which are more popular inside the city.

#6 ·
There is an LKQ off of 78 towards Athens, I've been meaning to get in there and vulture a bit. Norcross as you mentioned has a solid amount of junkyards just off of Buford Hwy. I think one is a pull-a-part. I grew up out in Dallas GA, but I don't remember having a bunch in the Cobb/Paulding area. I think the LKQ that was aforementioned is a pretty large lot.

#7 ·
yeah, theres not a lot of good ones here in the north-northwest part of atlanta. I still need to check out Cagle's up near taylorsville. and i ended up getting my used engine from Brooks in emerson/bartow county/acworth. im happy so far with the deal but i wasnt very impressed with them overall. i think the next time i go, im going to go to the LKQ in Fayetteville. the one near athens is a pretty far way for me to go to take a chance that it might or might not have some decent stuff.

anyways, i've got enough parts already to put my bronco back together and get it driveable again. i need to do that first before i go back to the junk yard. well, that and i need to save up some more money too. thats kinda important if you want to buy parts. lol. thanks for all the help. i'll report on what i find the next time i go to a junkyard.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.