Ford Bronco Forum - View Single Post - Looking for steps/nerf bars that dont use the rocker panels
View Single Post
post #4 of (permalink) Old 01-10-2017, 01:16 PM
BikerPepe`
Harley's & Bronco's FTW!

Bronco Info: '95 XLT, 5.8/E4OD/MassAir/6" lift/4.56's/35x12.5 BFG AT-KO2
Garage
The only real problem with a frame mounted step/bar is that it doesn't really offer much "step". I had a nerf style on my old '89 and the only reason it offered any real advantage was because that Bronco had a 3" body lift. w/out body lift... the step comes out right under the body... where a panel mounted step actually sits down low enough to offer help getting in. Nerf bars offer little protection and are known for actually causing more damage when they get bent. Rocksliders have the same limitations as a nerf style but with greatly improved body panel protection.

There's lots of threads on here discussing the options and merits of each style and we have some Member Vendors who make different styles for sale.

I'm not a big fan of a panel mounted step either... but I'm pretty short and I have a prosthetic foot, so I'll probably end up going with one anyway, so I can actually use it as a step up, into the rig.

"When life throws you a curve... LEAN INTO IT!"

SuperMotors - Since 2002

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome