Question about selling my bronco - Page 3 - Ford Bronco Forum
 4Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #41 of 62 (permalink) Old 02-25-2009, 03:39 PM Thread Starter

Bronco Info: 1991 FSB 302 E40D
I do agree that i would not pay more than 2 or 3k for a '91 bronco with all the usual problems these things have. I have corrected 99.9% of those problems when i bought this one, and i went a step or two further. i didn't want to life it, because at the time i was living in an apartment and it wouldn't fit in the garage i had rented if it had a lift. and yes, i know the market for a "newer" bronco isn't like it is for the older ones, but honestly how many broncos do you see on the road these days? and of those 4 or 5, how many are about 95% aesthetically perfect?

i in no way thought that i would get all my money back out of this bronco when i put it up for sale. but if nobody recognizes it as worth more than the standard price due to the work that has been done to it, then hell with 'em i'll keep it. i'm not in a pinch for cash, it just sits in the garage and looks pretty. once in a while i'll drive it around the block. so, its a question of do i keep dumping money into something i don't use or sell it to someone and put the money into stuff i do use? like i could use a nice welder - i'd rather put a couple grand into one of those than dump it into the bronco.

the reason i just had it pictured sitting outside at a shop is because that is the shop i did the work at. if i was going to buy a bronco that had all this work done to it, i'd want to see the receipts, and i'd want to talk to the guy(s) who put in the wrench time. i do finance for a living, so if i tell you i put on hooker long tubes and cammed it up - why would you believe i did it right? but if a mechanic says yea its had that shit done to it, i did this and all this shit and heres the receipts - i'd be more trusting.

the body shop owner was not a friend of mine, just someone whos done work for me in the past. look up what it costs to buy those panels from lmc - and then look at shipping. then factor in what it would cost a shop in labor hours to put all that shit on after taking all the old off, and then a 2-stage paint job. 6500.00 is just about right. maaco is cheaper, ya, but maaco is maaco.

and i have not listed the bronco again, and not sure that i will. but if and when i do i will put a note in the ad about the carfax report and questionable mileage and list it as mileage unknown. if i can't get 5k out of it, it stays. simple.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #42 of 62 (permalink) Old 02-25-2009, 03:54 PM
No avatar required

Bronco Info: Mods don't have Broncos silly
I at least 12 Broncos on my commute to work everyday. In our parking lot alone there is (1)96,(1)95,(2)91's, and a 79.
MATCHBOX and 445 FE Bronco like this.

95 XLT Stock
post #43 of 62 (permalink) Old 02-25-2009, 04:01 PM

Bronco Info: 77 f250 highboy, 77 f250 highboy crew, 78 f150,78 bronco, 69f100
I see a ton of broncos on the road I would say at least 10 a day if not more.

post #44 of 62 (permalink) Old 02-25-2009, 04:07 PM Thread Starter

Bronco Info: 1991 FSB 302 E40D
must be popular in michigan and colorado. i might see one a week.
post #45 of 62 (permalink) Old 02-25-2009, 04:41 PM

Bronco Info: 78 Bronco 400/C6
I hardly see broncos besides our own..

Vic - W6VIC
1978 Ranger Bronco XLT 400/C6 with only 33's =(
2001 F250 - 6" SL. 37" tires Goliath
2007 Yamaha R1 Ricochet
post #46 of 62 (permalink) Old 02-25-2009, 11:46 PM
FSM Lifetime

Bronco Info: '96 5.8L XLT, E40D auto, Warn manual hubs, push button 4WD
Quote:
Originally Posted by bnkrtstk View Post
Apples and oranges. A restored 74 is a totally different animal than a 91. I am not saying it's worth $30K, but there is a bit of a collectors market for early Bronco's that does not exsist for "newer" Broncos.

I was just trying to give an example to try to illustrate a point. I'm not saying the '91 has any collector value like the '74, or ought to be compared to the '74......just trying to show that a car's model year isn't the only thing that determines the value. Just.....ok, Uncle. Whatever. All right. A vehicle is never worth any more than it's year model dictates, and it doesn't matter if it has been jacked up and had a solid gold frame put under it...it's still a 1991 so it's worth that, inspite of a 1,000 lb. of solid gold under it. You convinced me.
post #47 of 62 (permalink) Old 02-25-2009, 11:50 PM
FSM Lifetime

Quote:
Originally Posted by bronc_17113 View Post
your comparing a restored classic to a commonplace driver? I think you are missing the point entirely at the end of the day a junk eb with a title is worth more than scrap while the same junk 91 is only worth what it is worth as scrap .(just an example frm the other end of the spectrum)
I think a lot of people are missing a very simple point here that I've tried 16 different ways to say very simply. And I give up.
But I guarantee there are people who have read this thread and DO understand what I have been saying. But an interesting thing about discussion forums is they would rather watch a dog pile than have the balls to speak up. Whatever, it's not like I care at all.
post #48 of 62 (permalink) Old 02-25-2009, 11:57 PM
FSM Lifetime

Quote:
Repairs to make it functional make it more valuable than a truck with a whoopped front end, but it doesn't make it worth more than a 91 Bronco.
ok, I'll try one last time....

If you were thinking about buying one of two broncos, and they both were in exactly the same condition, same miles, everything EXCEPT one of them had just had a $1000 complete front end overhaul by the top shop in your town, with proof of it.
They are both offered for sale at the same price. Which one would you buy?

(You're gonna get this wrong, aren't you?)
johnnyk8 likes this.
post #49 of 62 (permalink) Old 02-26-2009, 12:20 AM
FSM Lifetime

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nickblaze466 View Post
I do agree that i would not pay more than 2 or 3k for a '91 bronco with all the usual problems these things have. I have corrected 99.9% of those problems when i bought this one, and i went a step or two further. i didn't want to life it, because at the time i was living in an apartment and it wouldn't fit in the garage i had rented if it had a lift. and yes, i know the market for a "newer" bronco isn't like it is for the older ones, but honestly how many broncos do you see on the road these days? and of those 4 or 5, how many are about 95% aesthetically perfect?

i in no way thought that i would get all my money back out of this bronco when i put it up for sale. but if nobody recognizes it as worth more than the standard price due to the work that has been done to it, then hell with 'em i'll keep it. i'm not in a pinch for cash, it just sits in the garage and looks pretty. once in a while i'll drive it around the block. so, its a question of do i keep dumping money into something i don't use or sell it to someone and put the money into stuff i do use? like i could use a nice welder - i'd rather put a couple grand into one of those than dump it into the bronco.

the reason i just had it pictured sitting outside at a shop is because that is the shop i did the work at. if i was going to buy a bronco that had all this work done to it, i'd want to see the receipts, and i'd want to talk to the guy(s) who put in the wrench time. i do finance for a living, so if i tell you i put on hooker long tubes and cammed it up - why would you believe i did it right? but if a mechanic says yea its had that shit done to it, i did this and all this shit and heres the receipts - i'd be more trusting.

the body shop owner was not a friend of mine, just someone whos done work for me in the past. look up what it costs to buy those panels from lmc - and then look at shipping. then factor in what it would cost a shop in labor hours to put all that shit on after taking all the old off, and then a 2-stage paint job. 6500.00 is just about right. maaco is cheaper, ya, but maaco is maaco.

and i have not listed the bronco again, and not sure that i will. but if and when i do i will put a note in the ad about the carfax report and questionable mileage and list it as mileage unknown. if i can't get 5k out of it, it stays. simple.

I guess I am the only one here that understands what you're saying. You're saying that your $6500 invested in your paint/body work, for example, makes it more valueable than if you had not done it. I didnt hear you say that it justifies exactly a $6500 increase in your price. To my mind, it makes it more valueable to an amount that whatever the marketplace determines. Others here say it doesn't add a f**king cent of value. Whatever. From their posts, you could have taken it to the top car restorer in the country, had it restored to better than new and paid a $25,000 bill, and they would say....."Yup, it's a '91 Bronco. I'll giv ya $475 for it. That's what '91 Bronco's fetch around here."

You got the right idea now. Just drive it out as you can never expect to get all or even most your money out of it, and you never have been expecting to. Nothing wrong with driving a Bronco around. Nice to have 4WD when you need it. If you're tired of it, get another car for those times when you want to drive something else or want higher mileage. I have a '96 that I've owned for 9 years, and it went from 39k miles on the odo in 1999 and now it has 61k. But when I drive it, I enjoy the shit out of being in it. Obviously, most of the time I am in something else.

And also, be careful about saying to people when you look up and say....."Gee, that's a beautiful blue sky." Because some of them will say......"Nah......that's a pink with orange polka dot sky." Just nod your head and say....."ohhhhh, ok."
post #50 of 62 (permalink) Old 02-26-2009, 12:24 AM
FSM Lifetime

Quote:
I at least 12 Broncos on my commute to work everyday. In our parking lot alone there is (1)96,(1)95,(2)91's, and a 79.
12 broncos every day on the way to work? How far do you drive to work?
I see a Bronco (FSB) about one or two a week, and I drive 52 mi round trip every day.
post #51 of 62 (permalink) Old 02-26-2009, 08:09 AM
No avatar required

Bronco Info: Mods don't have Broncos silly
Quote:
Originally Posted by rain252 View Post
12 broncos every day on the way to work? How far do you drive to work?
I see a Bronco (FSB) about one or two a week, and I drive 52 mi round trip every day.
65 mi one way.

95 XLT Stock
post #52 of 62 (permalink) Old 02-26-2009, 08:20 AM

Bronco Info: 77 f250 highboy, 77 f250 highboy crew, 78 f150,78 bronco, 69f100
Quote:
Originally Posted by rain252 View Post
I think a lot of people are missing a very simple point here that I've tried 16 different ways to say very simply. And I give up.
But I guarantee there are people who have read this thread and DO understand what I have been saying. But an interesting thing about discussion forums is they would rather watch a dog pile than have the balls to speak up. Whatever, it's not like I care at all.
Oh I understand what you are saying I just dont agree with it.
post #53 of 62 (permalink) Old 02-26-2009, 03:43 PM
FSM Lifetime

Quote:
Originally Posted by bronc_17113 View Post
Oh I understand what you are saying I just dont agree with it.
No problem. We all have a right to have our own view on something.
post #54 of 62 (permalink) Old 02-26-2009, 06:23 PM

Bronco Info: 92 f350 4x4 towing an 89 eddie bauer 44/60 SAS 37 muds & lots of dents. 91 f250 4x4 460 as well
Come on rain, I'm in N.Phx and drive 5 miles one way to work and I can tell you of at least 3 I drive by everyday. Not to mention the one in my driveway and the one across the street in my neighbors garage. To the OP, may as well keep that beast, at least if your content on getting at least 5k for it. Save yourself the headache of dealing with the a-hole low ballers that will call you. It may be the most dependable, best looking bronco around but you have to consider what it is, a 91. Good luck either way. Rule of thumb, always put a 1 in front of that 5 digit odometer.

[/SIGPIC]
Spit on it and wiggle it around a bit, should go right in.
post #55 of 62 (permalink) Old 10-17-2016, 08:12 AM

Bronco Info: 1974 bronco sport and 1996 bronco xlt
Garage
Is there a reward for oldest thread revival. Lol. I think you should have started a new one. Not sure on Hawaii but herbin jersey I bought a 96 for $1500 and had zero issues with the dmv and inspection. My 74 is still awaiting the DMV trip but we have done away with cars getting inspected pre-95 so it should be easy.
post #56 of 62 (permalink) Old 10-17-2016, 10:37 AM
Resident Nice Guy

Bronco Info: 1979 Ranger XLT, 351m, 4 speed
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Njbronco74 View Post
Is there a reward for oldest thread revival. Lol.
It's a spam post, NJ. The bots do a search to find a thread that is somewhat relevant to what they're hawking then post in it. They don't care about the age of the thread.

This is my signature. There are many like it, but this one is mine.
My signature is my best friend. It is my life. I must master it as I must master my life.

Schwim! A social site with an identity crisis.
post #57 of 62 (permalink) Old 10-17-2016, 01:04 PM
Harley's & Bronco's FTW!

Bronco Info: '95 XLT, 5.8/E4OD/MassAir/6" lift/4.56's/35x12.5 BFG AT-KO2
Garage
poof! gone. thanks again Schwim.
schwim likes this.

"When life throws you a curve... LEAN INTO IT!"

SuperMotors - Since 2002
post #58 of 62 (permalink) Old 10-17-2016, 01:10 PM

Bronco Info: 1974 bronco sport and 1996 bronco xlt
Garage
Interesting. But what's the point? A sales posts for a Hawaiian DMV. Lol
post #59 of 62 (permalink) Old 10-17-2016, 01:17 PM
Resident Nice Guy

Bronco Info: 1979 Ranger XLT, 351m, 4 speed
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Njbronco74 View Post
Interesting. But what's the point? A sales posts for a Hawaiian DMV. Lol
It's often not what it looks like at face value. groups will hack a legitimate website, putting a malware payload on it and then point people to those sites via posts like these. The hope is that someone does a search for something fairly obscure, find the link and click it and end up getting some bad stuff installed on their computer when that page loads.

You no longer actually have to "install" malware. Javascript, flash and java vulnerabilities can open the door for code to infect your computer without you actually having to do anything other than visit the page.

This is my signature. There are many like it, but this one is mine.
My signature is my best friend. It is my life. I must master it as I must master my life.

Schwim! A social site with an identity crisis.
post #60 of 62 (permalink) Old 10-17-2016, 02:18 PM
FSM Lifetime

Bronco Info: 1978 Round headlight, 351M,C6, 9", 44/1991, 445 FE, t19, 205, Dana 60/70, MAF, Moet's
Garage
Not too many Broncos left here, I rearely see them. There are three in the immediate area that I am aware of and time has taken its toll on them.

Ford Bronco Forum > Bronco Discussions > 1980-'96 Bronco Tech

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Bronco Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. DO NOT USE Gmail.com accounts. If you only have a Gmail.com email please contact the administrator here

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode