Gear indicator question - FSB Forums
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 3 (permalink) Old 03-08-2004, 04:09 AM Thread Starter
Bronco Info: 86 Bronco, 302 EFI, T-18, BW 1345
Gear indicator question

My sister just bought an 85 bronco, with a 351 and an automatic transmission. My question is, the little pointer that moves across the dash to indicate what gear you're in, doesn't move. The transmission shifts fine, you just can't tell what gear it's in. I'm not sure which tranny it is, I think a C6. My dad's 91 s10 blazer does the same thing. I'd like to get them both fixed. If anyone know how to fix them I'd appreciate it. Thanks

If it jams, force it. If it breaks, it needed to be replaced anyway.

Originally Posted by Moose
A good friend will bail you out of jail, but your best friend will be sitting next to you saying " that was #*$#ing awsome!"

86 5.0 EFI, T-18, Borg Warner 1345, D44 TTB, Ford 9 Inch. 31X10.50 (For Now) (under Construction)
Sponsored Links
post #2 of 3 (permalink) Old 03-08-2004, 04:23 AM
Bronco Info: '95 Bronco
If you take the lower part of the dash off (under the steering colum) you will see a wire looking think that is connected to the pointer. Real simple set up I will try to take some pics and post them for you.
post #3 of 3 (permalink) Old 03-08-2004, 04:24 AM
there is a small cable inside the steering column that moves the indicator. It is attached to the linkage that runs down along side the steering shaft in the column......just take off the trim pieces and try to locate it....probably either the cable is busted or disconected

93 XLT, 351w, 8 lug solid D44, 10.25 rear, 5.13s, detroit in rear, 14in lift, 39.5 boggers on 16.5x12 MT classic II
Sponsored Links

FSB Forums > Bronco Discussions > 1980-'96 Bronco Tech

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the FSB Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. DO NOT USE accounts. If you only have a email please contact the administrator here

Email Address:

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode