PLEASE USE SEARCH!!! - Ford Bronco Forum
 11Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 33 (permalink) Old 04-21-2003, 03:26 AM Thread Starter
Fullsize Member

Bronco Info: I'll never tell
PLEASE USE SEARCH!!!

Ok, the sudden influx of newb's is great for the site. Wonderful. I feel though, that we have lost the emphasis on the use of the SEARCH button.

First off, lemme clear up a few things, common questions if you will.

Take the sway bars off!! As soon as you get the damn truck. Just take em off, dont ask why or how, just do it.

Yes, the top does come off, fifteen bolts on mine, if I remember. And while your at it, take the doors off.

Go six inches, everybody wishes they had that only went with four.

A/T anything are for pussies.

My truck is the way I want it, so don't ask me how you should build yours.

The newb's just need to take a little time, do some research, answer your question before it gets asked, that sorta thing. We have a search button, please, use it.

Thank you all for your time. Enjoy the site! :mrgreen:
Fast Floyd likes this.

94' White Bronco

Got some crap on it.

Ninjas are cool; and by cool, I mean totally sweet.

Superford Page
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 33 (permalink) Old 04-21-2003, 10:03 PM Thread Starter
Fullsize Member

Bronco Info: I'll never tell
I remember when I was told to use search for the first time, I was kinda offended. This was in my newbie days. I was like "geez, it's just one question..."

Well, now that that "one question" has been asked by 100 people, I see know why I was told that.
Fast Floyd likes this.

94' White Bronco

Got some crap on it.

Ninjas are cool; and by cool, I mean totally sweet.

Superford Page
post #3 of 33 (permalink) Old 08-30-2006, 11:23 PM

The search function on most bulletin board software completely sucks compared to a real search engine like Google. It's slow and doesn't do any word correlation, pattern matching, or anything, just raw text matching is so 80's and it sucks.

There is no search link until you sign up for an account on this board. I'm sure this causes less people to search than anything else (it did me). This is especially true for the newbie to the board that is just looking for information. They don't see a search feature so they sign up and ask a question never realizing that the search function magically appeared after they signed up. Confusing, especially to someone new to the board.
mollysmad likes this.

post #4 of 33 (permalink) Old 08-31-2006, 11:42 AM

Yeah, I know it's a pain. I have been a member of hundreds on online communities over the years and it's the same everywhere. Personally I don't mind answering the same question a million times but I know it bothers some people. I don't like hostile attitudes towards new people though. Like I said, you see the exact same thing everywhere, it's not unique to this board. It's just the nature of the beast (partly due to poor software tools also).

Information tends to change over time so getting a concise up-to-date answer is quicker and easier than spending hours pouring over old posts. The problem with most message boards is that there is a ton of useless messages mixed in with whatever you are looking for. It can take a lot of time to sort all that out and you still might not find what you are looking for. Even worse is that you don't know if you found the latest information or not.

I think just telling people to search is a waste of time. It would be better to put together a site (FAQ, Wiki, whatever) that contains the most common information asked for and it kept up to date with posts made in the forum. This is what most boards do. I don't know if this site has something like that but if it does I couldn't easily find it. That's another thing, it needs to be super visible and easy to find. People gloss over stuff, it's stupid but until you spend a lot of time within a particular system you don't really know what is going on and this is to be expected.
post #5 of 33 (permalink) Old 01-19-2008, 03:50 PM

Bronco Info: 95' F-250 8" skyjacker lift w/ 37" bf mud terrains
U have to be a member to search

SLOOT
post #6 of 33 (permalink) Old 01-19-2008, 05:00 PM
It's BTW Not AKA!

Bronco Info: 92 F-150 4x4, 302, BBK Shorties, Flowmaster Duals, M5OD, 2" Rancho Coils, 33x12.50 M/Ts
Quote:
Originally Posted by FordBoy72 View Post
U have to be a member to search
Wrong. You have to be registered. Members pay $20 a year. Searching is free after you register.

1992 F-150 4x4
East Coast Firefighting- Only the Best
http://www.supermotors.org/vehicles/...il.php?id=4768

Quote:
Originally Posted by dogonmut View Post
NTB stole my baby's momma away from me when she was on her way down to the check cashin' store to pay my beeper bill.
Quote:
Originally Posted by stan the man View Post
I spent $330 for 4 BJs.
post #7 of 33 (permalink) Old 11-15-2009, 07:42 PM

Bronco Info: 1989 Ford Bronco
NOOB HERE

WTF where is search button seriously I can't find it anywhere
post #8 of 33 (permalink) Old 11-16-2009, 12:42 AM
Driving Stuff Henry Built

Bronco Info: -90 xlt, 351w, e4od, man 1356, 3.55, sag, warn hubs, 35" bfg m/t. --73, 400, np435, d20j twin, 35s
Look near the top of this or any page, & you'll see 4 ads & then a gray box that says "Welcome, theeggomobile etc.. Right under that gray box is the magic word "Search". Use it's dropdown for advanced searches.

Baba Looey's Favorite FSB Links........................Common Replies to FAQs

“Don't find fault, find a remedy.” -Henry Ford
post #9 of 33 (permalink) Old 02-10-2010, 09:20 PM

Bronco Info: 90' 351/E40D 38" tires, 4.88 gears, full float 8.8, lockers F&R
There is no search button where you discribe! (or anywhere else that I can find. Its funny, there is a search button on this reply to thred page.
post #10 of 33 (permalink) Old 02-10-2010, 11:51 PM
Driving Stuff Henry Built

Bronco Info: -90 xlt, 351w, e4od, man 1356, 3.55, sag, warn hubs, 35" bfg m/t. --73, 400, np435, d20j twin, 35s
The top of the page is a little different after some recent changes. It's in the same area, but the gray box with your name has moved further out. Here's a screen shot of the upper right side of this page today, look inside the red circle. Tomorrow...

Baba Looey's Favorite FSB Links........................Common Replies to FAQs

“Don't find fault, find a remedy.” -Henry Ford
post #11 of 33 (permalink) Old 02-11-2010, 10:01 AM

On my screen there is nothing to the right of Calander. The words are spread out so Calander is at the far right.
post #12 of 33 (permalink) Old 02-11-2010, 10:41 AM

Bronco Info: 1989 xlt 1994 xlt
scrollbar at the bottom of the page perhaps?
post #13 of 33 (permalink) Old 02-11-2010, 11:24 AM

No, the box ends, not the page.
post #14 of 33 (permalink) Old 02-11-2010, 11:43 AM
Redneck Romeo

Bronco Info: SOLD.
Sounds like you're not logged in. But obviously you are, since you're posting. Log out, then back in.

The last REAL SUV was built in 1996!

Chase

4" Rough Country, 130A 3G, RJM Battery Cables, Sixlitre Tune-Up, more to come!

Don't forget to vote for FSB!
post #15 of 33 (permalink) Old 02-11-2010, 04:10 PM

Yes, thats the reason. Thankyou. That's why after I logged in to reply it comes up. I think maybe the people who run this site should fix this problem. If they dont want people who are not logged in to use the search (I'm not sure why) , they could put the search button there anyways. If you hit it when not logged in, it could come up with a message that you must be logged in to use this feature. That way you wouldnt be looking for something thats not there. Again, I dont understand why they would want to limit this. I guess the forum gods proclaimed "it shall be".
post #16 of 33 (permalink) Old 08-14-2010, 11:31 PM

I am having trouble with the search feature. After I type in what I am looking for and hit go, I get a blank white screen. I've tried 4 times and get the same thing.

UPDATE: I only get a blank screen when I search bronco diesel. Go figure. I have tried other words and it works.
post #17 of 33 (permalink) Old 08-15-2010, 10:22 AM
Fullsize Member

Bronco Info: 1993 EB 351W, SAS'd 44, 37" Hummvee tires, 10.25 rear, smittybilt 12k winch homemade mount
Garage
the search problem hasn't been fixed yet. you type in something to search for and 9000 things unrelated to what you're looking for come up. the moderators need to get together and sort through some of the older posts. this site has a lot of great information and also a lot of assholes that are that way for no appearant reason. what may be obvious to some isn't so obvious to others. the stickies help but can't cover everything. so to all those out there that simply cry "search, search" to a newbie who probably has spent the last 3 days searching through countless posts of bullshit i give you the time honored ttb salute..to the others that actually do help....thank you.
post #18 of 33 (permalink) Old 08-15-2010, 11:58 AM

I was getting a little frustrated when I kept getting the white screen. I try the search button on different forums, but many of them suck. It does get a little irritating when you ask a question after you've spent an hour reading through volumes of posts only to have someone tell you to use search. Or they direct you to a thread that is 20 pages long when the answer you're looking for can be answered in one sentence.

It's spelled D-I-E-S-E-L, you dummy!
post #19 of 33 (permalink) Old 08-21-2010, 04:32 AM

Bronco Info: 1989 XLT. custom lift, 33" tires, 4.56 gears, and true-tracs front and rear
I just want to add my two cents to this thread I have used the search button every time i get on here and i get tired of reading hundreds of posts to find an what i am looking for in fact tonight i was looking for information to put a 9" under my 91 but you cant find any information on how to eliminate the abs and the tone ring vss on the 8.8 that runs the abs i know that my speedo and trans and engine are ran off of the vss on the speedo gear in my t-case but after 3 hours i gave up trying to find anything'
the problem with sherch on this site is you get so much unrelated information to sort thought you get worn out and if you ask a question you get yelled at to use the search i want to know how many that tell you to search actually use it themselfes do they know how hard it is to use or do they just have all day to search unlike some of us that have a life and work and family to take care of.
post #20 of 33 (permalink) Old 04-17-2011, 08:48 AM
Thanks 351w500

Location: Northcentral,CA.Twain Harte, up here in the mountains
Bronco Info: 88 Centerion 460 Dana 60/10.25 78 Bronk Cromo shafts,Detoit 4.56's lift 7" Deavers 38's 9"rear disk
Bumping this for all the newer ppl. Use the search and use it well before you start posting. Just about any problem or ?? you might have has been answered here multiple times already

And use the advanced search

I take Prayer Requests. God Bless

Ford Bronco Forum > Bronco Discussions > 1980-'96 Bronco Tech

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Bronco Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. DO NOT USE Gmail.com accounts. If you only have a Gmail.com email please contact the administrator here

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode