Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

Quick question about rotors

813 views 2 replies 2 participants last post by  LukeNukem 
#1 ·
I need to swap out my front rotors. I haven't even torn into it so before I start I had a question. I thought had to pull the hubs to remove then entire assembly but I just saw in a catalog that the rotors slip off the studs like about every other car out there and I didn't need to pull the hub at all, it looked like a caliper removal and rotor pull. Whats the deal? I always thought I had to pull the hubs.

Also while it occurred to me, is there more than one style? Like the automatic hub and manual hub are a different rotor set up?

Don't need too much explanation, just wondering what I need to plan on doing. If the rotors just pop over the studs like a car that's cake.

Thanks. Maybe a correct exploded view would be great if you have one.:twotu:

#2 ·
The hub locks have to be removed to get to the spindle nuts that hold the rotor on. You can purchase a new rotor without the hub housing. You'll have to transfer your housing into the new rotor. See my signature for details how.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.