best full carpet set - Ford Bronco Forum
 15Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 32 (permalink) Old 02-27-2017, 09:51 AM Thread Starter

Garage
best full carpet set

looking for first hand info on replacement carpet set for my 95. Who sells a nice OEM style? Thanks all

I have been through a ton of ebay ads but its hard to tell whats nice and whats crap. Hoping someone on here has purchased and installed and can comment on quality.

my girlfriend has been on me to buy a newer truck . . . . had to break it to her I'm not likely ever going to have anything newer then 1996 . . . . . .
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 32 (permalink) Old 02-27-2017, 04:51 PM

Bronco Info: 1993 XLT, 302, 1979 Ranger XLT,351M
When I replaced the carpet and seat covers in my 79, I got the seat covers from Stock Interiors. Fit real nice and were very nice quality. And got the carpet from Bronco Graveyard. They fit good too and were nice.

Marty
glassdave likes this.

post #3 of 32 (permalink) Old 02-27-2017, 06:30 PM Thread Starter

Garage
Jeffs is only an hour away from me and pricing looks good i think i may run up there. Thanks for the info was hoping someone would jump on that used a set from them.
Wgen1 likes this.

my girlfriend has been on me to buy a newer truck . . . . had to break it to her I'm not likely ever going to have anything newer then 1996 . . . . . .

post #4 of 32 (permalink) Old 02-27-2017, 10:10 PM

Bronco Info: 1981 Ranger XLT, I6/SROD/NP208, Superwinch hubs, 275k and counting
Garage
I got my carpet from Stock Interiors, and though I haven't installed it yet, it looks to be very good quality stuff; I bought the full kit, as well as the late 90s tailgate carpet piece, with mass backing, for future reference

Tough to kill an old six
post #5 of 32 (permalink) Old 02-27-2017, 10:22 PM
Fullsize Member

Bronco Info: 1995 XLT 351W, 2.5 R/C Lift,4.10's, Rancho Extended R/As, 33's, Punisher Valve Body
I wasn't to impressed with the Stock Interiors stuff, the carpet was thin as well as the backing...compared to the factory stuff anyway.
The lack of "thickness" in the carpet and backing has my feet roasting on long trips

No bum that can't speak poifect English oughta stay in this country...oughta be de-exported the hell outta here!"

-Archie Bunker

bron·co/ˈbräNGkō/
Noun:
A wild or half-tamed horse, esp. of the western US.
post #6 of 32 (permalink) Old 02-27-2017, 11:32 PM

Bronco Info: 93 351W, SAS w/ 60s f/r
I got mine from JBG a few years back. They outsource to Auto Custom Carpets. The fit was good. Like the other brands the padding wasn't as think up front as the OEM and there was not any padding for the rear. The only thing I didn't like but learned to live with was the mold over the tranny tunnel. It kind of just laid over the tunnel and didn't form into the creases. There maybe a way to fix that issue or just get a longer console and never see it again.
post #7 of 32 (permalink) Old 02-28-2017, 05:32 AM
on KIK as same

Bronco Info: See Signature
The above matches my experience with the ACC carpet. I switched from mocha to black. Because of this I ended up cutting out the carpet that goes over the tunnel cover, covering the cover in carpet, and then screwed the cover back down over the floor carpet.

I am running a np208 case so the shifter is a bit different then what should be in a 92-96.
Doing this with the cover and using some bigger screws gave me a different look which I like, and I have removed the cover for various things so it worked out. That is the only place I did not really like the fit of the ACC carpet kit, everything else was more then acceptable.
dash_cam and Fast Floyd like this.

The Street Queen: '92 Eddie Bauer- C6 Swap, Roller 357W 400hp/400ft-lbs, SCT Tuned, 4" Lift, 4.10's,
Go Fastish Build: '78 Custom- 4" Deaver Lift, Mild 460, Full Cage, 4.10's
Build Thread http://www.fullsizebronco.com/forum/...8-project.html
post #8 of 32 (permalink) Old 02-28-2017, 06:59 AM

Bronco Info: 94 Bronco 5.8L
Garage
Rockauto has the best pricing with shipping for ACC carpeting, both with and without padding. I ordered some today. I'll let you know how it looks when I get it put in.

1994 Bronco XLT, 5.8L, 33x12.50 Mickey Thompson MTZ's, 15x8" Raceline Rockcrusher wheels, Moog824 coil springs, Redhead steering box, (6) KYB shocks,
post #9 of 32 (permalink) Old 02-28-2017, 09:59 AM

Bronco Info: 1981 Bronco, 4.9L, T18, NP208
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimmyz View Post
Rockauto has the best pricing with shipping for ACC carpeting, both with and without padding.
That's where I got mine too. Just haven't got to installing it yet...
post #10 of 32 (permalink) Old 03-01-2017, 01:29 PM

Bronco Info: 1993 Bronco XLT, 5.8L, E4OD, Manual 4x4, Auto Hubs, Magnaflow 93312 Y-Pipe & 12636 Muffler, Soft Top
I did my 1993 and a friend's 1995 with the full kit(s) from OC Auto Carpets. They are always running a 50% off sale... even right now actually! They sell the ACC (Auto Custom Carpets) brand. You have options for padding, etc. Like standard and mass backing. I also bought a roll of extra Jute padding via eBay for CHEAP and added it to the back section and anywhere else I felt the need for some that was not already on the back of the carpet.

So, for example, right now on Automotive Carpet & Vinyl Flooring, Trunk Mats, & Sound Deadeners the 1993 Ford Bronco Complete Cutpile set is $260.74 with the sale.

The competed project didn't take long at all and looks perfect. I couldn't be happier. It makes the whole truck look like new, night and day!
glassdave likes this.
post #11 of 32 (permalink) Old 03-01-2017, 08:40 PM
Thread Killa

Bronco Info: 1994 Bronco Eddie Bauer edition, 302 MAF, E4OD
I have ACC carpet in my bronco. It was easy to install. I got the middle priced option and wish I had gotten the Mass Back option now. Its not bad carpet. The molding was not very well defined like original carpet, but its OK. I would highly recommend getting the foil backed Jute pad from LMC truck to go with it. I got it with mine and it is nice. One section will do just the cab to about 12 inches before the jump to the rear cargo area, so it will take 3 sections to do the entire floor.

1994 EB Bronco, 302 MAF, E4OD, BW1356, Slightly Customized Interior
"Demanding something free on top of a discount is just being a Democrat. - Steve83"

My Build Thread - http://www.fullsizebronco.com/forum/...d.php?t=191067
post #12 of 32 (permalink) Old 03-02-2017, 08:43 AM Thread Starter

Garage
great stuff, i keep forgetting about RockAuto. I have to actually run across Michigan this weekend and will be coming by JBG on Monday i may give that one a shot. Plus i need a few other things. Adding extra jute and the foil backed stuff is a good idea. Any install pics guys? dont necessarily need them but i like talking about Broncos and Bronco related projects lol (going to pick up a 96 XLT today to add to the fleet sold/traded off my 96 F150 )

I like the Dynamat type kits from Jeffs for just over a hundy seems like a decent deal. I have a buddy that is in the commercial/industrial insulation biz i am going to have to see if they have something comparable

post #13 of 32 (permalink) Old 03-02-2017, 08:55 AM

Bronco Info: 1994 Bronco XLT 5.8L auto, 3L.55 on 10.50 x 31 x 15 Goodyear Wranglers
Garage
LMC has some nice looking carpets. but I'm thinking that I'm going to swap my carpet for the rubber mat. My Ranger Edge has a factory Rubber mat, and it's so easy to keep clean.
Truck Parts and Truck Accessories

1994 Bronco XLT 5.8L auto, 3L.55, on 10.50 x 31 x 15 Good Year Wranglers. Work In Progress.
Bassist for "3DC" Three Dog Knight Celebration
post #14 of 32 (permalink) Old 03-02-2017, 09:07 AM Thread Starter

Garage
looking at the sets from JBG and notice they do not have tan. Would that be the medium mocha?

post #15 of 32 (permalink) Old 03-02-2017, 02:55 PM

Bronco Info: 1993 Bronco XLT, 5.8L, E4OD, Manual 4x4, Auto Hubs, Magnaflow 93312 Y-Pipe & 12636 Muffler, Soft Top
OC Auto Carpets lists the "9197 Medium Mocha" which is what we used on the 1995 Eddie Bauer we did. That color was spot on. Remember, they sell the ACC carpets product.

Also, for Hushmat and other sound deadners, check their "Sound Deadners" page for all options including EVA, foil backed, mastic, Hushmat, etc. EIther pre-cut or square sheets. Their 50% off sales cover those items too. Still shop around for best price, but they are always near the bottom $$$

Sound Deadeners | Car & Truck Replacement Parts
post #16 of 32 (permalink) Old 03-02-2017, 03:11 PM Thread Starter

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by csilvestri View Post
OC Auto Carpets lists the "9197 Medium Mocha" which is what we used on the 1995 Eddie Bauer we did. That color was spot on. Remember, they sell the ACC carpets product.

Also, for Hushmat and other sound deadners, check their "Sound Deadners" page for all options including EVA, foil backed, mastic, Hushmat, etc. EIther pre-cut or square sheets. Their 50% off sales cover those items too. Still shop around for best price, but they are always near the bottom $$$

Sound Deadeners | Car & Truck Replacement Parts
so the Mocha is the light tan color? just verifying before i order.

Looking at the OC sight all their prices are twice everyone elses and the %50 off barely brings it down to on par with what everyone sells for anyway . . . . well as long as the quality is good

post #17 of 32 (permalink) Old 03-02-2017, 04:35 PM

I'd just call them and ask for a sample. I will tell you this, I've heard other friends complain about carpet colors and refuse to accept that their original 20+ year old carpet has changed color in all sorts of ways over the years. The new stuff is great as long as you stick with ACC brand in my opinion (OC Auto, Rock Auto, etc.). Check to see who has the cheapest after shipping & tax and order from the lowest. For piece of mind, I'd ask for samples though, seriously.

Quote:
Originally Posted by glassdave View Post
so the Mocha is the light tan color? just verifying before i order.

Looking at the OC sight all their prices are twice everyone elses and the %50 off barely brings it down to on par with what everyone sells for anyway . . . . well as long as the quality is good
glassdave likes this.
post #18 of 32 (permalink) Old 03-04-2017, 07:23 AM

Bronco Info: '92 Cabernet Red / Gray XLT with 302 & '94 Electric Red Metallic / Gray XLT with 351.
Garage
On ebay, the complete ACC carpet sets they sell, never include the tailgate carpet. It has to be bought separately.

Has anyone had any color matching problems with tailgate carpet and the ACC carpet sets?

'92 Cabernet Red / Gray XLT with 302.
'94 Electric Red Metalic / Gray XLT with 351.
post #19 of 32 (permalink) Old 03-04-2017, 07:32 AM

Bronco Info: '92 Cabernet Red / Gray XLT with 302 & '94 Electric Red Metallic / Gray XLT with 351.
Garage
Does anyone have a source for light grey screw plastic caps for the tailgate carpet?

'92 Cabernet Red / Gray XLT with 302.
'94 Electric Red Metalic / Gray XLT with 351.
post #20 of 32 (permalink) Old 03-04-2017, 11:18 PM

Bronco Info: '96 Black 302 XLT - '94 Green 351 E. B. both are E4OD, 3.55 axles, 31 10.50x15
Quote:
Originally Posted by 92FSB View Post
Does anyone have a source for light grey screw plastic caps for the tailgate carpet?
Measure your old ones and look here:

Autobody Clips And Fasteners

"The simplest solution is usually the best solution" - Occam's Razor

"The significant problems we face cannot be solved at the same level of thinking we were at when we created them." - Albert Einstein

Ford Bronco Forum > Bronco Discussions > 1980-'96 Bronco Tech

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Bronco Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. DO NOT USE Gmail.com accounts. If you only have a Gmail.com email please contact the administrator here

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode