Few 4x4 questions... - Page 2 - Ford Bronco Forum
 4Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #21 of 24 (permalink) Old 03-19-2017, 06:57 PM Thread Starter

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by panabax View Post
With respect to the front end wobble, I suggest you take a good look at (1) axle pivot bushings, (2) radius arm bushings and (3) ball joints. Any slop in any of these can cause a wobble. Slop in all three make it worse. Running in 4x4 magnifies the effect by about 100 times. Maybe I missed it, what kind of diff do you have up front? A locker will make things even worse.

Baxter
I'll be honest, my bushings are pretty shot but my ball joints seem to be fine. No wobble at all.
And my diff is the stock one as far as I know

Sent from my SM-G928V using Tapatalk

1990 Bronco Eddie Bauer 5.0L, AOD

1959 Ford Ranch Wagon with a 460/C6
Lowered 3 inches, Mexican blanket interior, and just the right amount of patina.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #22 of 24 (permalink) Old 03-19-2017, 07:10 PM Thread Starter

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spktyr View Post
Do you know how your truck was converted to manual hubs? I seem to recall the SOF trucks only coming with auto hubs - it is possible to improperly install manual hubs with the remains of the auto hardware so they do weird things.
I have no idea how it was converted, or how long ago. I bought it from a guy who didn't know much about it

Lowered 3 inches, Mexican blanket interior, and just the right amount of patina.
post #23 of 24 (permalink) Old 03-19-2017, 07:45 PM

Bronco Info: 1989 Bronco 5.0 AOD w/ 3G alt, more to come
Quote:
Originally Posted by 59Ford View Post
I'll be honest, my bushings are pretty shot but my ball joints seem to be fine. No wobble at all.
And my diff is the stock one as far as I know

You should replace your bushings. The ball joints being okay has little meaning when the bushings are allowing everything else to slop around.

You may want to pull your locking hubs and look to see that they were installed with the correct hardware and don't have the left over 'round' fasteners from the auto hubs. If they are, your wheels can actually fall off. :P

post #24 of 24 (permalink) Old 03-19-2017, 07:49 PM Thread Starter

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spktyr View Post
You should replace your bushings. The ball joints being okay has little meaning when the bushings are allowing everything else to slop around.

You may want to pull your locking hubs and look to see that they were installed with the correct hardware and don't have the left over 'round' fasteners from the auto hubs. If they are, your wheels can actually fall off. :P
I have them I just had a list of more important things to fix hahaha. And I have to find an exploded view or something so I know what to look for...

Ford Bronco Forum > Bronco Discussions > 1980-'96 Bronco Tech

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Bronco Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. DO NOT USE Gmail.com accounts. If you only have a Gmail.com email please contact the administrator here

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode