Testing Posting a New Thread - Ford Bronco Forum
 1Likes
  • 1 Post By White Dragon

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 9 (permalink) Old 12-14-2016, 04:38 PM Thread Starter
Fullsize Member

Bronco Info: 96' XL 347ci E4od 4:10's 35x12.50x15 M/T MTZ's and some other stuff
Testing Posting a New Thread

Well, I'm just testing out "Posting a New thread" for out in in the Forums,
Cause my friggin Face hurts LoL...

Oh Crap, Another Sunday Driver.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 9 (permalink) Old 12-14-2016, 04:48 PM Thread Starter
Fullsize Member

Bronco Info: 96' XL 347ci E4od 4:10's 35x12.50x15 M/T MTZ's and some other stuff
testing posting an "Attachment"
Just because I liked this....
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Free Body Piercings Nov 2316.png
Views:	8
Size:	45.1 KB
ID:	91713  

Last edited by White Dragon; 12-14-2016 at 08:58 PM. Reason: Clarity
post #3 of 9 (permalink) Old 12-14-2016, 04:53 PM Thread Starter
Fullsize Member

Here I am just Testing adding a Hyperlink the way you taught me....

Almost 1 in 4 Electoral College Democrats demanding Russian hack intelligence briefing - AOL News

Last edited by White Dragon; 12-14-2016 at 08:58 PM. Reason: Clarity

post #4 of 9 (permalink) Old 12-14-2016, 04:54 PM Thread Starter
Fullsize Member

So, here is my big question at the moment.

After my "Thread Hijack" fiasco in the Trump saves 1100 Jobs Thread,
you told me that i needed to start a new thread for different topics and gave me the New Member Info link.
(Thank You)

I went Straight to it and read it All while looking for the "how to Start a New Thread" Directions.
then kinda stumbled around until i found this Testing Area and thought ok this will work.

So, Here I Finally saw the button at the top of the page for "Post New Thread" (it Could have Not been any more Obvious)

So, I started this Thread for testing my posting and adding attachments etc..
but now each time that i hit "Reply" to try adding something different, I see "Thread Starter" in the Post Banner?

is that because i am trying to reply to my own thread?

Last edited by White Dragon; 12-14-2016 at 09:17 PM. Reason: Edited Incomplete Question
post #5 of 9 (permalink) Old 12-14-2016, 06:26 PM
Harley's & Bronco's FTW!

Bronco Info: '95 XLT, 5.8/E4OD/MassAir/6" lift/4.56's/35x12.5 BFG AT-KO2
Garage
ok man. I go your PM and found these but I'm not sure what you're doing.

if you're in a thread, you can't start another from within an existing one.
you were able to start your own thread here in the testing area, so you just need to do the same thing...

sorry if you got that fingered out but you didn't ask any direct questions in your PM, so I'm not exactly sure what you're having a problem with.
I'll check back in later tonight and offer whatever help I can.

"When life throws you a curve... LEAN INTO IT!"

SuperMotors - Since 2002
post #6 of 9 (permalink) Old 12-14-2016, 09:49 PM Thread Starter
Fullsize Member

Thanks Man,

I Hate to bug ya, but Do Appreciate Your Help.

I "Edited" my Post below for my earlier incomplete question about why my "Replies" to my "Thread Starter"
are showing up as "Thread Starters" also.

I figured that i can Learn a little more in here before going back "out There"
and looking like a friggen Bonehead.

Thanks Again for your help.

post #7 of 9 (permalink) Old 12-14-2016, 09:51 PM Thread Starter
Fullsize Member

Thanks Man,

I Hate to bug ya, but Do Appreciate Your Help.

I "Edited" my Post below for my earlier incomplete question about why my "Replies" to my "Thread Starter"
are showing up as "Thread Starters" also.

I figured that i can Learn a little more in here before going back "out There"
and looking like a friggen Bonehead.

Wow, when i was just Backing Outta here i looked up to the banner and again it says "Thread Starter"
Thanks Again for your help.

post #8 of 9 (permalink) Old 12-15-2016, 12:12 AM
Harley's & Bronco's FTW!

Bronco Info: '95 XLT, 5.8/E4OD/MassAir/6" lift/4.56's/35x12.5 BFG AT-KO2
Garage
ok... you've got the post edit and the double post down.

be careful with that... if you go back and edit a previous post and add questions or change what you said, after someone has already replied, it's bad form and additions can be missed, conversations boggled and people generally irritated when you're trying to having a conversation. that's not the case here... as we're discussing forum use 101, but in practical use, it could be a issue.

so now you can see that the start new thread issue was addressed by 445 before I gave you the link for the other important stuff.
once you see it... yea, pretty obvious. in all fairness, when you first got here... you probably didn't see it there in some of the tech areas, where you have to have 30 posts before you're allowed to start a thread. now that you're over 75 posts, the forum is pretty much open to you.

what you are seeing as... "thread starter", next to the date/time stamp of your post is just a "tag" we all see. It's just letting everyone else know, whenever you make another post in this thread, that you're the one who started this thread/topic.

it's generally more relevant when you're working on a Bronco problem, where you start the thread to get some help and 20 poeple chime in on the topic. among the conversation, it's just an easy reference that you were the guy with the original issue. in the more open and flowing thread conversations, it quickly becomes irrelevant.

sorry if I over-explain. it's a problem but I'm ok with it.

"When life throws you a curve... LEAN INTO IT!"

SuperMotors - Since 2002
post #9 of 9 (permalink) Old 12-15-2016, 11:08 AM Thread Starter
Fullsize Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by BikerPepe` View Post
ok... you've got the post edit and the double post down.

Thanks, that "Double Post" was actually a screw up on my part as i was using the "Browser Back Button" to return to the 1st page of this thread,
and then "Added" the "wow sentence" on my way back out" I did not know that a "Double Post" was even a thing.

be careful with that... if you go back and edit a previous post and add questions or change what you said, after someone has already replied, it's bad form and additions can be missed, conversations boggled and people generally irritated when you're trying to having a conversation. that's not the case here... as we're discussing forum use 101, but in practical use, it could be a issue.
I understand what you are saying about "Edits & Frustration"

so now you can see that the start new thread issue was addressed by 445 before I gave you the link for the other important stuff.
once you see it... yea, pretty obvious. in all fairness, when you first got here... you probably didn't see it there in some of the tech areas, where you have to have 30 posts before you're allowed to start a thread. now that you're over 75 posts, the forum is pretty much open to you.
Yup, that was a real "Dumbass" moment for Me.

what you are seeing as... "thread starter", next to the date/time stamp of your post is just a "tag" we all see. It's just letting everyone else know, whenever you make another post in this thread, that you're the one who started this thread/topic.
That's a pretty cool feature.

it's generally more relevant when you're working on a Bronco problem, where you start the thread to get some help and 20 poeple chime in on the topic. among the conversation, it's just an easy reference that you were the guy with the original issue. in the more open and flowing thread conversations, it quickly becomes irrelevant.

sorry if I over-explain. it's a problem but I'm ok with it.
I got No problem with your explanations, although the rest of the "Group W" bench might not agree....

I've never been much of a "Clubber" or "Teachers Pet", so your one on one with me here is Greatly Appreciated.
Catchya Later.
BikerPepe` likes this.

Ford Bronco Forum > Other Forums > Testing

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Bronco Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. DO NOT USE Gmail.com accounts. If you only have a Gmail.com email please contact the administrator here

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode