: Breaking: McCain volunteer attack story a hoax...charges to be filed

Bronc_Bustin'
10-24-2008, 01:39 PM
The final epic fail in a campaign of epic fails. Next: recycle Ayers, Wright, cocaine, birth certificate, donations, Muslim, A-rab. What a loser McCain has turned out to be. On the bright side, we never have to see Palin again. :thumbup

The final stage of grief is acceptance.

http://kdka.com/

:rofl: :histerica

JahWarrior
10-24-2008, 01:41 PM
thats gonna hurt when it hits the MSM news cycle. :duh Its honestly no more McCain's fault that she lied, than it would of been Obama's fault if she hadn't... but the fallout benefit of the story was going to go to one side or the other...

94_chickentaco
10-24-2008, 01:45 PM
bitch needs some meds stat.

Maybe a straight jacket :clavin

Bronc_Bustin'
10-24-2008, 02:03 PM
thats gonna hurt when it hits the MSM news cycle. :duh Its honestly no more McCain's fault that she lied, than it would of been Obama's fault if she hadn't... but the fallout benefit of the story was going to go to one side or the other...

I agree, McCain is not directly at fault. But as a VP for Fox News said the other day, if this turns out to be a hoax, it will be attached to his campaign and his small chance in PA will dwindle to nothing.

loarmistead
10-24-2008, 02:08 PM
:rofl:

Psycho bitch.

Shadofax
10-24-2008, 02:22 PM
The final epic fail in a campaign of epic fails. Next: recycle Ayers, Wright, cocaine, birth certificate, donations, Muslim, A-rab. What a loser McCain has turned out to be. On the bright side, we never have to see Palin again. :thumbup

This is silly.

You won't see Palin again? You're barking up the wrong tree buster.

You betcha you'll see her again. She might even bring Joe the plumber over to kick your azzzzz. She won't want to mess up her expensive suit.

Ranger429
10-24-2008, 02:50 PM

So lemme get this straight. You think that because some whacked out campaign volunteer claims to have been beaten up by an accused mugger because she had a McCain bumper sticker (all of which is false) that it is going to sway the McCain votes? Hey do you think McCain paid her to do this? That would be a great story line and plot you have going there.

What does Palin have to do with it?

p54519
10-24-2008, 02:53 PM
So lemme get this straight. You think that because some whacked out campaign volunteer claims to have been beaten up by an accused mugger because she had a McCain bumper sticker (all of which is false) that it is going to sway the McCain votes? Hey do you think McCain paid her to do this? That would be a great story line and plot you have going there.

try this:
http://fullsizebronco.com/forum/profile.php?do=ignorelist

Bronc_Bustin'
10-24-2008, 02:56 PM
try this:
http://fullsizebronco.com/forum/profile.php?do=ignorelist

you sure do like to stalk the threads of the guy you are ignoring. :rofl:

JahWarrior
10-24-2008, 02:59 PM
you sure do like to stalk the threads of the guy you are ignoring. :rofl:

Yeah, pretty interesting... put a guy on ignore, then click his threads? Someone just likes attention I think :rofl: Jeff and Paul are the first two to ever start a campaign to try and get people to ignore someone in my time at FSB. At lest Jeff sticks to his guns.

Ranger429
10-24-2008, 03:10 PM

Well? I'm just curious to hear your response Bronc_Bustin'. I'm really not sure how that is going to affect the voting. It certainly isn't going to change the way I vote.

Bronc_Bustin'
10-24-2008, 03:15 PM
Well? I'm just curious to hear your response Bronc_Bustin'. I'm really not sure how that is going to affect the voting. It certainly isn't going to change the way I vote.

It will not change those that are already decided. McCain is not looking to sway decideds. Whether it affects it or not remains to be seen. I am in the camp that thinks this race is over. Others see it differently. See the blog of Fox News executive VP John Moody:

"It had to happen.

Less than two weeks before we vote for a new president, a white woman says a black man attacked her, then scarred her face, and says there was a political motive for it.

Ashley Todd, a 20-year-old white volunteer for John McCain’s presidential campaign, says she was mugged at an ATM machine in Pittsburgh (my hometown) by a big black man. She further says he threw her down, then disfigured her by carving the letter “B” into her face with a sharp implement when he saw that she supported McCain, not Barack Obama.

Part of the appeal of, and the unspoken tension behind, Senator Obama’s campaign is his transformational status as the first African-American to win a major party’s presidential nomination.

That does not mean that he has erased the mutual distrust between black and white Americans, and this incident could become a watershed event in the 11 days before the election.

If Ms. Todd’s allegations are proven accurate, some voters may revisit their support for Senator Obama, not because they are racists (with due respect to Rep. John Murtha), but because they suddenly feel they do not know enough about the Democratic nominee.

If the incident turns out to be a hoax, Senator McCain’s quest for the presidency is over, forever linked to race-baiting.

For Pittsburgh, a city that has done so much to shape American history over the centuries, another moment of truth is at hand."

justin
10-24-2008, 03:29 PM
Its amazing what sways voters these days. Is everybody really that stupid or is the media just making shit up.

Bronc_Bustin'
10-24-2008, 03:31 PM
Its amazing what sways voters these days. Is everybody really that stupid or is the media just making shit up.

Did you read the thread that was started here when the story first broke?

Washburn
10-24-2008, 07:41 PM
40 minutes into "The Fox Report With Shepard Smith" they finally mentioned this story on the Faux News Channel. From headline to back page. Course had she been proven right, it would have been breaking news.

Shadofax
10-24-2008, 08:41 PM
Whether it affects it or not remains to be seen. I am in the camp that thinks this race is over. Others see it differently.

It is true O is in the lead in the polls. He has way more money to spend. But the lead is surpisingly not that large considering all O's expenditures and a republican president leaving that is not well liked at this point. this just shows how many people really do NOT want to vote for Barack. There just is no other choice if they don't want to vote republican. What a shame.

A win is when the fat lady sings however.

It's crazy that people are so desperate for change, any change, that they would let this total unknown take control of our country. Truly scary.

loarmistead
10-24-2008, 08:51 PM
It's crazy that people are so desperate for change, any change, that they would let this total unknown take control of our country. Truly scary.

It's like FDR all over again. Had the American people just re-elected Herbert Hoover (and he not adopted FDR-like policies), the Depression probably would've been over within a couple of years. Instead is went all the way thrugh the 30's, with the industrial buildup of WW2 in the early 40's being our only savior.

Dirtdigger
10-24-2008, 08:52 PM
It is true O is in the lead in the polls. He has way more money to spend. But the lead is surpisingly not that large considering all O's expenditures and a republican president leaving that is not well liked at this point. this just shows how many people really do NOT want to vote for Barack. There just is no other choice if they don't want to vote republican. What a shame.

A win is when the fat lady sings however.

And that my friend , is the true Bush legacy.

Iolaus
10-24-2008, 10:04 PM
Yeah, pretty interesting... put a guy on ignore, then click his threads? Someone just likes attention I think :rofl: Jeff and Paul are the first two to ever start a campaign to try and get people to ignore someone in my time at FSB. At lest Jeff sticks to his guns.

I'll click on his threads; I just don't see what he says, or make any attempt to find out. I'm not going to stop participating just because he's involved, that would drive me out of the forum all together, and I won't be driven out. :toothless

As for the "campaign," I wasn't the first, nor even the second or third to put him on my ignore list. I just felt that, considering how active we both are - usually in the same threads - I needed a passive tag to explain to others why I wasn't responding to posts immediately surrounding mine - posts that might potentially be addressing me or my comments. I didn't want to have to keep saying "I'm ignoring you."

...and yes, if others follow my lead, then all the better. Shunning (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Shunning) a troll is much more productive than reacting to him.

justin
10-24-2008, 10:23 PM
I just want to know who these people are that they are polling. I get the campaign recordings quite often but not once have I or anybody I know for that matter been polled.

79Time
10-24-2008, 10:58 PM
I just want to know who these people are that they are polling. I get the campaign recordings quite often but not once have I or anybody I know for that matter been polled.

I've yet to hear of anybody I know being polled, which is another reason why I provide little value in poll numbers. You would think the press would use caution based upon how they tried to call elections based upon exit polls.

JahWarrior
10-25-2008, 11:26 AM
Blame the media! :histerica

"She was upset with the media for blowing this into a political firestorm."

The MEDIA turned this into a political firestorm? I mean, I'm sure it had nothing to do with HER made up story! :histerica

http://www.pittsburghlive.com/x/pittsburghtrib/news/breaking/s_595052.html

Moreover, the McCain campaign looked to capitalize on it, and its being reported she was actually coached on her story...

The McCain campaign steered reporters’ attention to the story yesterday. John McCain even called the 20-year old woman. Sarah Palin called her family. Well, tonight that woman is charged with making a false report.

TPM’s Greg Sargent also reported yesterday on the McCain campaign’s involvement in pushing the hoax, with a spokesman allegedly telling reporters that the attacker told the victim, “Oh you’re with McCain, you’re with the McCain campaign? I’m going to teach you a lesson.”

http://tpmelectioncentral.talkingpointsmemo.com/2008/10/mccain_aide_gave_reporters_inc.php