Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

Heater tshooting

936 views 3 replies 3 participants last post by  ldwarwick 
#1 ·
So I got finished with the next item on my list yesterday which was rebuilding the power steering box which by the way wasn't that hard and it works good again! - anywho my heater doesn't work so I replaced the blower and then the switch and still nothing. I did test the connection between the switch and blower with 12v and got the blower to work so it is fine. Other than testing 12v behing the switch am I missing something? Once again all assistance greatly appreciated!

#3 ·
Are you saying you pulled the plug from the heater fan switch and applied 12v to this plug and the blower turned? If so then check for 12v coming into the plug right after you check the fuse. :smilie_slap
If all that checks out you could look at the resistor. I posted a picture of where they are in post 20 of the following thread: http://fullsizebronco.com/forum/showthread.php?t=164763

#4 ·
First off I haven't used the heater for a couple of years but since it has a brand new radiator and heater core and the blower is working I can only guess that it will work when I find out the switch/power/resistor issue. When I tested the blower the Bronco was cold so I don't know. I haven't tested the power to the switch and I didn't even know that there was a resistor under the dash so I will test that when I get home tonight. Thanks for the info, this should bring some heat!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.