TAB, TAD, and EGR solenoid removal. [Archive] - FSB Forums

: TAB, TAD, and EGR solenoid removal.

plug ugly
02-11-2010, 05:45 PM
ok, Im real close to starting up the new lightening motor, but the harness and computer need the the TAD,TAB,EGR sols hooked up.

Can I just clip the fittings, close the loops on the wire and call it good? Meaning, take the respeective red wires and respoective brown or wh/pink wires, and wire them together? Will that send the signal to the computer that I need?

No need to mount sensors to the motor if I am not using them, so hopefully I can just wire them together and call it good.

slim68
02-11-2010, 08:28 PM
You do not want to just short the wires together, the solenoids act as the loads, using the current. No load and the current goes straight to ground shorting out the system and causing lots of probs. I don't know what would work, just leaving them disconnected would probably throw codes. For the EGR, there are adapter plugs that trick the pcm into thinking there is one attached.

jopes
02-11-2010, 11:07 PM
I know the resistor works for the EGR. it might work as well for the others. or a tuner and you can turn them all off.

plug ugly
02-11-2010, 11:21 PM
how does the resistor mount? Do you just sodder it to either wire and and the resistance fools the computer to think it works?

jopes
02-11-2010, 11:32 PM
http://rjminjectiontech.com/?p=9

you can either buy a resistor or buy the one ryan or others make. he also lists a pack of resistors to eliminate the other things your looking to remove.

RC Dan
02-12-2010, 03:21 PM
Or do it yourself. 75ohm resistors for the EGR, TAB and TAD solenoids. The EVP is also important. Get an eliminator for that or make one yourself, too. I'm not sure I can post the picture for the EVP resistor values as RJM took it off their site.

SigEpBlue
02-12-2010, 03:25 PM
There's no sense in lying to the PCM. If things aren't there, leave them open until you've fixed it properly.

plug ugly
02-12-2010, 06:36 PM
they wont be fixed properly. This thing is going into a 61 scout after this season, so all smog has been pulled for easier install when I went to the GT40 intakes. I no longer have the smog pump or diverters. As a result, i dont need the solenoids. I would rather not have to worry about mounting them, and just bypass them so I can start this thing and run it for three months, before it gets mustang FI.

RC Dan
02-12-2010, 07:46 PM
http://www.greatlakes4x4.com/imagehosting/98124a3bfe1690545.gif Heres the resistor values and a diagram for deleting the EVP.

I've done this to a few trucks and it works great. The engine runs like it should and it doesn't throw codes(except for insufficient EGR flow). So the above along with resistors to replace the vacuum solenoids and you should be set.

Edit: BTW, putting the resistors in just gives the computer a constant "closed" signal. So it thinks everything is closed and off. This is important for it to adjust the fuel and spark curve correctly. If you did nothing and just unplugged it all, the computer will still adjust as if its there.

plug ugly
02-12-2010, 09:24 PM
I actually have on of the EGR elims from Ryan. I should have said EVP, TAB, and TAD

kemicalburns
06-21-2010, 06:26 PM
Plug did you ever get the evp and TAB/TAD taken care of? i am considering this also and could use some help.