: My $50 Warn Winch questions

rollingmenace
05-14-2010, 10:15 AM
Well my 50 dollar gamble paid off lol thanks hefty... Just brought my fifty dollar winch home hooked up to a set of jumper cables and she worked great I'm stoked ... Does any body have any info on this winch or have a good source for info. the data tag says warn 8074 on top. part num 8375. serial number73431 and a date code. br7. I'm pretty positive its a 8074 very similar to the 8274 but only power in and out. another question is that all the info I can find shows the cases to split in half down the center verticly and this unit the top half splits away from the bottom half oppuisuite of everything I've seen online.... Any help or links would be great

Pretender
05-14-2010, 04:35 PM
I would turn around and sell it on craigslist and buy a newer one. If you put all that weight of the front, you might have to get bigger springs. Are you going to get a hefty bumper to put it on.:beer

rollingmenace
05-14-2010, 08:18 PM
No way man everybody that runs these winches absolutely loves them and the newest versions. are the warn badboys round 1000 bucks. The one I got is the same as the new ones all the parts are interchangable and its looks brand new inside.and running strong as ever I doubt a series wound winch could even come close to that

Hefty
05-14-2010, 09:24 PM
Zach you know that Pretender is Jared and he's just giving you a hard time?

offroad ford
05-14-2010, 10:30 PM
U may have one that came out on jeep renegades, they were in the split year for the case and also switching over to the 8274 a few years later. Is it missing any badges or plates that were on the motor? If it's a jeep series they are very sought after by fanatic jeep collectors, check into it more u may have a nice piece of history.

rollingmenace
05-15-2010, 01:13 AM
Zach you know that Pretender is Jared and he's just giving you a hard time?
Yeah i know it was jared lol i was giving him a hard time in another thread