: American arrested searching for Bin Laden

Leardc
06-15-2010, 04:54 PM
This guy has balls! Or he is just crazy...

An American held in Pakistan who said he was looking for Osama bin Laden is "like a bulldog" who wouldn't let go of the idea of finding the fugitive al Qaeda leader, his brother said Tuesday.

http://www.cnn.com/2010/WORLD/asiapcf/06/15/pakistan.us.detention/index.html?hpt=T2

bodo
06-15-2010, 05:08 PM
A freaking sword.:rofl:

Leardc
06-15-2010, 05:10 PM
Foxnews has a picture of the guy.

http://www.foxnews.com/static/managed/img/World/061510_faulkner3_monster_397x224.jpg

justin
06-15-2010, 05:11 PM
Whichever it is, lets give him some resources and a language teacher and see what he can do.

Ayeyo
06-15-2010, 05:14 PM
It's freakin Tommy Chong. Go get him Tommy, kick his d**k in the dirt.

gunterelectric226
06-15-2010, 05:18 PM
I will lend him a hand. I would be honored to be the one who puts one between osama's eyes.

ThetaTauMan
06-15-2010, 05:54 PM
Gary Faulkner, 50, is being held in Pakistan after being stopped near the border with Afghanistan's Nuristan province, Pakistani police announced Tuesday. He was carrying a pistol, a sword, night-vision equipment

I don't know how well a Sword would fair in Afghanistan...probably better in Iraq. Still, he is a Badass fro trying-

justin
06-15-2010, 07:38 PM
I'm thinking the "sword" might just be a machete.

Maybe something the locals carry around?

ThetaTauMan
06-15-2010, 08:51 PM
This is what my staff sgt. buddy told me back in '04 when he got back from his second tour of Iraq I was asking lots of questions of what it was like....

AK-47s, RPGs and the weapons yous see on a daily basis, is like a Ford or GM over here, everyone has them, its second nature and they don't think twice about them. So when you engage someone with your M-16, they don't really flinch because they know their AK is somewhat of a match to it. Also when Hussein's guards came/busted into your house to rough you up they had their AKs, so they[public] are accustom to them.

Now, if you did something wrong, more wrong, they would beat you, then drag you out in the street and assassinate you with a hand gun. Not everyone has them and they are more feared by the public. So when I could I would always draw my side arm over using my M-16, usually you'd get them to flinch or hesitate and you could use that to your advantage.

Now when you really f@*ked up, they would drag you out of your house, mess you up then kill you with a sword. The general public feared it. So naturally if you are able to draw a sword or more obscure weapon, generally they will run in fear. I've actually witness a group of Rangers take modified Battle Axes out into the field. Those guys were f#*@kin nuts.

Iolaus
06-15-2010, 09:02 PM
I've actually witness a group of Rangers take modified Battle Axes out into the field.

When the Apocalypse comes, a battle axe will be part of my kit. :thumbup

fartman
06-15-2010, 09:38 PM
At least he paid his own way.

78bronco460
06-15-2010, 10:09 PM
This guy has balls! Or he is just crazy...

http://www.cnn.com/2010/WORLD/asiapcf/06/15/pakistan.us.detention/index.html?hpt=T2

Or perhaps terminally ill...

...Mr Faulkner's sister, Deanna, said that her brother was of sound mind, but "dying" of polycystic kidney disease and may have wanted to kill bin Laden as a final patriotic act.

Bin Laden is believed to be in poor health because of kidney disease, for which he requires dialysis. Pakistani police confirmed that Mr Faulkner was found with medicines for kidney disease and told them he had been on dialysis in the US.

"He only has 9 per cent kidney function, and the only thing that can cure him is a transplant," she said. "He needs dialysis three times a week. I'm guessing that he wanted to do one last thing for his country before he died.

http://www.theaustralian.com.au/news/world/american-gary-brooks-faulkner-arrested-on-solo-crusade-to-kill-osama-bin-laden-in-pakistan/story-e6frg6so-1225880223680

Iolaus
06-15-2010, 10:28 PM
pspn4ZGTaVQ

Cucamongan
06-16-2010, 12:48 AM
I give that guy big time Kudos!