Lucas Oil Deep Clean Fuel System Cleaner [Archive] - FSB Forums

: Lucas Oil Deep Clean Fuel System Cleaner

cheenyc
11-08-2010, 07:52 PM
Anyone ever use this stuff ?
Can you use this with carb engines ?

ehummelman
11-08-2010, 08:12 PM
never heard of it, but lots of guys swear by SeaFoam. Cleans out fuel and oil systems.

asdaven
11-08-2010, 09:49 PM
Seafoam through the intake really cleans stuff best. But, to clean fuel injectors, Chevron Techron Concentrate is the best IMO. Although, you can also run Seafoam through the gas tank. Now, the Lucas Oil Fuel Treatment/Top Cylinder Lube (not the Deep Clean) is good stuff to run with every fill up. Not really a cleaner, but has some detergents and lubes the tops of your piston rings. Get a gallon of it.

TheUnforgiven
11-08-2010, 09:50 PM
seafoam, 2 cans to a tank of fuel. drive it like you stole it. also, dump a can down the carb, go read the "how to seafoam" thread in the technical write-ups section. it will tell you ALL that you need to know.

Northernguy
11-08-2010, 09:53 PM
I swear by the lucas oil but I have never used that.Seafoam is highly recommended around here.

asdaven
11-09-2010, 07:00 PM
Don't use Seafoam in the oil though!! Seafoam or Techron through gas for several tanks. Seafoam through intake or carb. Lucas Gas Additive/Upper Cylinder Lube (not Deep Cleaner) with every tank of gas. Auto RX in the oil if you want to desludge the engine.

TheUnforgiven
11-10-2010, 12:02 AM
Don't use Seafoam in the oil though!! Seafoam or Techron through gas for several tanks. Seafoam through intake or carb. Lucas Gas Additive/Upper Cylinder Lube (not Deep Cleaner) with every tank of gas. Auto RX in the oil if you want to desludge the engine.

you know, "several tanks" is un-necessary right? not only does that get expensive, one tank treatment usually does the trick.

idk about you, but i'm not adding this stuff to my fuel everytank. also, all these cleaners are not exactly great for the contacts on the sending unit, this i was told by a 25 year master ase technician.

and why do you need upper cylinder lube? engine oil is there for a reason. if the compression rings needed extra lubrication, they wouldn't have an oil control ring to scrap the oil off the cylinder walls before the compression rings. ;)

asdaven
11-10-2010, 06:51 AM
Depends how dirty the engine is. The Lucas fuel treatment stuff that you add to the tank at every fill-up is not a cleaner, even though it says so. Its adds some detergents to the gas, but theres no strong solvents like in the cleaners. Its more for the top cylinder lube. I saw a difference in power and gas mileage using it. Many do. Its very good now especially now that they put ethanol in gasoline.

TheUnforgiven
11-10-2010, 12:27 PM
well see, here's the thing, the fuel SYSTEM cleaners do just that, clean the FUEL SYSTEM. wtf does this have to do with the internals of the engine? if it's runing fine, the FUEL SYSTEM must not be that dirty.

and there are detergents in gasoline already, which is why you don't need to run a cleaner any more than twice a year.

and answer my questions as to WHY you need "top cylinder lube" when you have engine oil. i know you use it for the "top cylinder lube" that's not what i want to know :twak:

i'm trying to understand why my ass should but 4-8 dollars in additives in EVERY tank of fuel.......for a college student burning 1-1/2 tanks a week, that shit gets expensive.

cheenyc
11-10-2010, 10:57 PM
So you can use Lucas Oil Deep Clean Fuel System Cleaner
for a carbureted bronco ?

cheenyc
11-11-2010, 11:02 AM
Went with the Techron. Lets see what it can do?

asdaven
11-11-2010, 12:58 PM
Use 2 of those bottles for the 32 gallon tank, one tank should be sufficient. I noticed a difference in 1 tankful.

JohnMcD348
11-14-2010, 12:51 AM
I bought a big bottle of the Lucas fuel system cleaner awhile back and poured it in my Bronco and my Ram for general maintenance. I figured it was cheaper to buy the big bottle instead of alot of the smaller bottles. I've never really been a huge fan of additives and always viewed them with a bit of skepticism. I've Seafoamed and added different things to my oils/ gas tanks over the years and can't say I've ever noticed a difference in anything other than my wallet.

Now saying that, today I was driving my Bronco and had the rear window down most of the day since the temps gotten below 70 and I really noticed a huge difference in the exhaust smell. My exhaust is finally running cleaner now. Was it running a (possibly slightly heavier) dose of the Lucas cleaner through the system? I don't know. I've also been getting around 13mpg since I took ownership of it. I'll check the next few tanks and see if there's a difference in that also.

jared1978
11-14-2010, 10:19 AM
Lucas and Seafoam are both good products.