Tailgate window 20A CB? [Archive] - FSB Forums

: Tailgate window 20A CB?

Whitewookie
06-04-2011, 03:40 PM
Probably a dumb question, but where the hell is the 20A CB for the tailgate window. Book says by the starter relay (Solenoid?).

What the hell does it look like?

Lost....:banghead

Harold

Ewgoetz
06-04-2011, 04:16 PM
Might be a fuseable link near the relay....should be on the same side as the battery is on.

Whitewookie
06-04-2011, 04:54 PM
Might be a fuseable link near the relay....should be on the same side as the battery is on.

That's what I though...
Book says circuit breaker, different than a fuseable link, a CB is resettable.

I looked all around the Starter Relay (Solenoid)...Don't see anything that looks like it could be a circuit breaker.

Like I said...:banghead

Harold

Whitewookie
06-05-2011, 04:06 PM
So....nobody else knows either?....

Dustball
06-05-2011, 05:28 PM
Book says by the starter relay (Solenoid?).

Which book is this? If there is indeed a circuit breaker, it'd be located in the fuse panel with the rest of the fuses.

Canyonero
06-06-2011, 12:40 PM
my 84 has 2 in the fuse panel , looks like a big silver fuse all metal

Whitewookie
06-06-2011, 01:02 PM
Which book is this? If there is indeed a circuit breaker, it'd be located in the fuse panel with the rest of the fuses.

Chiltons....

Are these resettable like other circuit breakers?

Thanks for the help...

Harold

Canyonero
07-23-2011, 11:14 AM
Chiltons....

Thanks for the help...

Harold

Don't believe so. You can do a continuity test with a tester or certain voltmeters to tell if its bad

my power window went out for a bit , just made a click from the motor. everything tested ok. just oiled/greased the regulator arms and it's working - also check the latches and make sure they are engaged properly b/c of the safety switch (mine was bypassed already)

Canyonero
07-23-2011, 11:21 AM
Chiltons....

Thanks for the help...

Harold

if it is saying near the starter relay. that sounds like an inline fusible link ( looks like a chunk of wire with xtra heatshrink
http://www.madelectrical.com/electricaltech/images/amp-ga36.jpg

Dustball
07-23-2011, 04:14 PM
if it is saying near the starter relay. that sounds like an inline fusible link ( looks like a chunk of wire with xtra heatshrink
http://www.madelectrical.com/electricaltech/images/amp-ga36.jpg
If it is a fusible link the book is referring to, then it shouldn't call it a breaker.

Fusible links are a 1-shot only deal. If it melts, it has to be replaced. Breakers are resettable.

Halli
07-23-2011, 06:20 PM
Yeah but being a Ford Parts guy it could be called anything.....haha
Ie dipstick is called an indicator.

miesk5
07-24-2011, 08:38 AM

I believe that after 81; the TG window motor circuit has what you have and;
"...One important thing to note here, is that the power supplies are fed from 2 different points. The dash switch 12 volt feed is from the ignition on/off power source - and feeds into the switch via a separate 30A breaker in the fuse panel from the key switch assembly, which gets its source from an UN-SWITCHED source. It is fed from another 30A breaker in the fuse panel..."

by RFR (Mark B) at rfr.htmlplanet.com via web.archive.org

for 78-79..81...see this info & diagrams by MIL1ION (http://fullsizebronco.com/forum/showthread.php?t=146214&highlight=fuse+box)
One diagram for example:
http://inlinethumb38.webshots.com/45477/2503333690012099056S600x600Q85.jpg

The 78-79 TG ckt included a 20 a Circuit Breaker @ starter relay & receives 12 v from Ignition Switch; whereas later years don't have the CB there; it is of course in the Fuse Panel or have 2 fuses in the panel; & Relay Location in 78-79; for the 78-9 People, for us, it is quite easy, under the dash behind the instrument cluster, there is a relay, that relay is to run the main constant power for the rear window when the key is on, by origin at FSB; Relay Location in 78-79; Behind the guage/speedo is a relay that powers the inside switch, check it, by Zebrafive at FSB; In other years after 82, there are 2 seperate power sources & 2 fuses/circuit breakers for positive. 1 for each switch. The same 2 wires are used throughout for both up & down (Polarity is reversed by the switches). by ElKabong (Ken, El Kabong) at FSB

dennis vance
07-25-2011, 07:59 PM
78 and 79 had a breaker mounted on the batt. side of the starter solinoild. i think that in the early 80-86 the relay was mounted behind the the instrument gauge panel on the left side just above the wiper switch.