looking for used mud tires? [Archive] - FSB Forums

: looking for used mud tires?

BlancoBronco
06-08-2004, 05:36 PM
As my name states I cant afford it ( to by new tires that is)( or much else these days) :cry
So I was thinking maybe I could find a set on here...
I have called & visited most of the used tire places in my area.
& nobody has a full set of mud tires. :banghead
I know beggers cant be chosers , So I'll be happy with what ever brand you got.. as long as its a matching set. with some good tread left.

I've been going to azusa more lately & could really use some tires..
Right now I am running what I bought the bronco with full street tires that are bald..( I've only bought it a few months ago)
I must admit its kinda cool seeing how far I could go without tread.
Its cool sometimes to see that I am the only one out with the big aggressive tire'd trucks ,with out tread!
But now I want to push it a little more...
So I need tires!!

I would really like 33" -12.50 -15"
But would be happy with 32"s or 31"s But no smaller!

I live in burbank.
I think I would be willing to drive up to an hour or so away for a good deal!

:rockon

BlancoBronco
06-10-2004, 03:51 PM
I found a set of bf.goodrich mud terrains 33 12.50 15's :chili:
Tire in palmdale.
for $300.00 He claims they only have 8000 miles on them & never seen the dirt.
I will go see them today.
WHAT DO YOU GUYS THINK OF THOSE TIRES?
Do they preform well? :shrug

Either way they are much better than what I have now!! :clap

Thats kinda sad.... :cry
I am now responding to my own posting................

claybokid
06-10-2004, 04:33 PM
Hey Man,
Ya this california section has been pretty slow....but there is still a few of us out there....as far as the mud terrains go...I havent personally ran them..but know guys that do....and they seem to be great everywhere but in the snow...if your out in the dirt\rocks\mud you should love them. And if they have a decent amount of tread left..then 300 does sound like a good deal....we have ran the all terrains before...and there like $130 or more a tire...and thats for 32's...and im pretty sure the mud terrains are even more than the at's....so i would go for it...

B-man
06-10-2004, 04:38 PM
Jump on it and nice find!!!!!

BlancoBronco
06-10-2004, 04:39 PM
yeah the muds cost around $150 each
I know they have a good tread life (they say about 50.000 miles or so
If I buy them I will let you know
I plan on going to azusa cyn either way this weekend so I will test them and report back

BlancoBronco
06-10-2004, 11:36 PM
The guy didnt even know what tire he had but advertised them as b.f goodrich ( thats what he thought they were)(so he says)
the tire turned out to be pro comp mud terrains..
Thats ok (I guess)
Not what I drove an hour for tho.

The tire place I went to have them mounted at says they look kinda bad.
They looked ok to me.
But what do I know .? they have lots of tread left up to about lincolns eyes on a penny.
the tire shop said they could see waves in the tread whitch should make it ride bouncey..( they feel fine to me.)
the problem is due to the strange wear on the tires they had to place a whole lot of weight for balance.
I think 2 of them flew off on the freeway drive home ...
something went clunk twice.
I could see that they look like the guys camber was off a little, But not to bad.
Not too noisey either
My bronco is stock so they fill the wheel wells nicely. Looks so much cooler than the bald 31" a/t's it had.
They're 33" 12.50 15's

I took pictures before & after & I took pics of the undisturbed inner wheel wells to see if there ends up being much tire rub anywhere.

Well its off to azusa this weekend for the real test.

B-man
06-12-2004, 12:28 AM
Let's see the pics when ya get a chance!!! :thumbup

BlancoBronco
06-12-2004, 12:52 AM
Let's see the pics when ya get a chance!!! :thumbup
How to up load pics.( tell me how & I will)
I still have half a roll of film I will use at azusa tommarow.
then I will drop them off right away but it takes about a week to get them back.
What do you want to see?
The amount off rub on the sway bar?
the way it looks?
I show you what ever just ask.

CaliBronc
06-12-2004, 01:47 PM
I have 4 bridgestone Dueler M/T's that maybe have 6000 miles on them. They are 31X10.5 15's if your Pro comps dont work out for you they are just sitting in my garage.

peteyg
06-12-2004, 11:56 PM
The Pro-Comp tires are not bad. They're a knock-off of the BFG MT, so the tread is almost identical. They wear well, and the cupping shouldn't be a problem. You should get decent milage out of them. They have decently strong sidewalls. I've seen them hold up well in the rocks. They're siped, so it'll actually handle better on wet roads than a standard BFG MT. The 33's cost around $135/ea. retail, so you still scored pretty well. Let us know how they do in the mud. Most of the guys I run with have no idea what mud is. We spend a LOT of time in the rocks :thumbup

BlancoBronco
06-14-2004, 08:01 PM
I have 4 bridgestone Dueler M/T's that maybe have 6000 miles on them. They are 31X10.5 15's if your Pro comps dont work out for you they are just sitting in my garage.
Now you tell me you have tires....They're probably cheap too.
Depending on how cheap I might want them for my buddys rig.

BlancoBronco
06-14-2004, 08:09 PM
The Pro-Comp tires are not bad. They're a knock-off of the BFG MT, They're siped, so it'll actually handle better on wet roads than a standard BFG MT. Most of the guys I run with have no idea what mud is. We spend a LOT of time in the rocks :thumbup
Yes I agree they are wanna be bf's but I did notice the siping that they have that BF's dont have & it made consider those anyways..

Not know what mud is????.......... :wacko
How could you not love the wonders of mud!?? :chili:
Well part of the wonders is what happened to me on my test day sat..
I found a sneeky tree hiding under the mud!!
It was BIG too. not just a branch!!
It had a big cluster of roots and all!!
I found the tree with my trans pan :histerica

Anyways about the tires they're great! I didnt even air them down at all & they got me so much farther than I expected them too. I was able to climb this dirt hill I couldnt last week.
I got much farther in the mud than I imagined..
Next time I will air down to see what that does.
The tires I had before wear bald a/t tire so ofcorse the differance was great!! :clap
I am very happy!! :clap

peteyg
06-14-2004, 08:41 PM
Not know what mud is????.......... :wacko
How could you not love the wonders of mud!?? :chili:

hahaha. It's because I have rocks on the brain. :toothless

For me, if it takes 8 hours to go 1/2 mile, that's a damn good trail. :rockon

It's all good, though. I'll come play in your mud if you'll come play in the rocks. I know some trails in Big Bear that you'll have a lot of fun on. :beer :drinkbud

BlancoBronco
06-14-2004, 09:00 PM
hahaha. It's because I have rocks on the brain. :toothless

For me, if it takes 8 hours to go 1/2 mile, that's a damn good trail. :rockon

It's all good, though. I'll come play in your mud if you'll come play in the rocks. I know some trails in Big Bear that you'll have a lot of fun on. :beer :drinkbud

I'd love to go try it out... :chili:
But to be honest with you rocks make me very uncomfotable...
I see :shocked those big rocks & picture it putting holes in my trans pan( I know trees can do it too, in the unknown wonders of mudd :histerica )
Or holes in my diff covers etc...
Due to that I always think about how expensive rock crawling must be...( maybe after I put more skid plates & diff cover protectors & etc to the underside)
Not to mention the damage to the body!
Rocks just seem so unforgiving! :histerica

I do love articulating trails tho...
I think with the right teacher...I might learn to love it.. :clap

peteyg
06-14-2004, 09:51 PM
I'd love to go try it out... :chili:
But to be honest with you rocks make me very uncomfotable...
I see :shocked those big rocks & picture it putting holes in my trans pan( I know trees can do it too, in the unknown wonders of mudd :histerica )
Or holes in my diff covers etc...
Due to that I always think about how expensive rock crawling must be...( maybe after I put more skid plates & diff cover protectors & etc to the underside)
Not to mention the damage to the body!
Rocks just seem so unforgiving! :histerica

I do love articulating trails tho...
I think with the right teacher...I might learn to love it.. :clap

Next March go to the Tierra Del Sol Desert Safari (http://www.tds4x4.com). More articulation than you can drag an axle over. :chili: You'll love that place. Too hot to go there now, though. :wacko

We have a saying: God forgives, Rocks don't :shocked

You can never have enough body armor, but you'd be suprised how well you can do with the right spotting and by learning that the skinny pedal is NOT your friend :banghead

And you should see the underside of my heep. It's all kinds of banged up. No holes in my diff covers, though. Rocker protection is the best investment you can make. Dustin makes killer rock sliders for Broncos. He's making a set for me right now. I can't wait to put them on! :rockon

BlancoBronco
06-15-2004, 12:28 AM
We have a saying: God forgives, Rocks don't

Rocker protection is the best investment you can make. Dustin makes killer rock sliders for Broncos. He's making a set for me right now. I can't wait to put them on! :rockon

Well I cant afford to buy much else these days because I am spending about 2 grand on my trans this week!

But that will finally be done! :clap

Chris85xlt did give me a set of those rock sliders That go under the body panel ( you know those 2x3 steel tubing ones that no one knows are there.)
Chris is a cool dude in my book!

Anyway I still have'nt put them on.
But slowly but surely I'll get ready for those rocks

Maybe I could see those rock sliders when you put them on?
Hey maybe by next march my BlancoBronco will be ready for terra del sol..

MUD ON DUDE!!

BlancoBronco
06-15-2004, 12:29 AM
:rockon MUD ON DUDE!!!

chicked out the site!
Wow looks totally cool Dude!!!! :clap
Count me in on this TDS thing..
Cant wait to check it out.!! :chili:

peteyg
06-15-2004, 02:43 AM
:rockon MUD ON DUDE!!!

chicked out the site!
Wow looks totally cool Dude!!!! :clap
Count me in on this TDS thing..
Cant wait to check it out.!! :chili:

Yeah, it's a fun time. Truckhaven is one of my absolute favorite places. Every wheeler has to check out Safari at least once, just for the spectacle of it. It's the largest 2-day 4-wheeling event in the country. Go back at another time to actually have fun wheeling. There's over 1500 vehicles running around there during safari. Lots of long lines. In November I always take a group of people out there for a full weekend, and we always have a good time. Mostly Jeeps, but everyone is welcome. I'll make a post as it comes closer to the time.

There's some more pics on my web site:

http://www.petesplace.net/auto/trips/truckhaven.htm

BlancoBronco
06-15-2004, 03:09 AM
count me in !!
Like you said make sure to start a new thread about it as the time approches

BlancoBronco
06-28-2004, 04:32 AM
Ok when I put on my oversized (33x12.50x15) tires they seem to rub on my sway bar at full lock..
Now that I took off my sway bars the wheels dont rub at all when I turn all the way to the right!
But when I turn to the left!
they rub on my radius arm....
Strange.. :wacko
Is my bronco not straight or even? on both side?
Is this normal?
does one radius arm stick out to the side of the truck more than the other or do I have a unique problem? :shrug
I hope to not have to post a new thread about this...

Bronkzilla
06-28-2004, 09:23 AM
adjust your steering stops so that it doesnt rub.. search for steering stops for more info.. im off to work.. :toothless

BlancoBronco
06-30-2004, 04:28 AM
adjust your steering stops so that it doesnt rub.. search for steering stops for more info.. im off to work.. :toothless
But is it normal for it to rub on one side & not the other? :shrug