: fordfuelinjection.com Offline???

Anafiel
11-16-2011, 10:26 AM
Dudes, anyone know what's up with fordfuelinjection.com? I went there today as a reference to help another user, and the site came up as suspended. What's up with that???

Gacknar
11-16-2011, 10:33 AM
Ryan's other site is working.
http://www.rjminjectiontech.com/

Anafiel
11-16-2011, 10:52 AM
Ryan's other site is working.
http://www.rjminjectiontech.com/

Yea, I had already sent him e-mail via the above, but I hope the reference site is experiencing nothing more than a "blip".

I NEED http://fordfuelinjection.com!!

Fireguy50
11-16-2011, 11:14 AM
A lawyer working for Ford Motor Company just had my web hosting server shut down. They never contacted me directly, so I got the feeling this is barely legal. But my hosting company acted quickly to protect themselves without putting much thought into it. I know 99% of the content on my site was hosted on many other sites. First protect yourself if necessary, secondly if you have any advice that would disprove their claims let me know.
Here is part of that email:

We represent Ford Motor Company (“Ford”) in intellectual property matters.
It has recently come to our client's attention that infringing content is posted at http://www.fordfuelinjecton.com which contains copies of Ford’s copyright protected materials.

Ford is the exclusive owner of the copyrights for the above-mentioned documents.
Such unauthorized use of our client’s copyright protected materials is an infringement in violation of the United States Copyright Laws, 17 U.S.C. ß 101, et seq., which protects copyright owners from having their works copied without authorization of the copyright owner.

Such an infringement is also contrary to Web Hosting stated policies, which provide that:
“No intellectual property of any nature contained within or via this Site may be copied, published, reverse engineered, decompiled, exchanged, traded, or broadcast in any way without the written permission of the content owner.”

Accordingly, we request that you remove or disable access to this material as it appears on your service in as expedient a fashion as possible because it infringes upon copyright rights, including the above-mentioned listings at http://www.fordfuelinjection.com/.

The undersigned certifies in good faith that the content at the identified http://www.fordfuelinjection.com/ posting infringes the rights of Ford Motor Company and that the use of this material in such a fashion is not authorized by the copyright holder, the copyright holder's agent, or the law.

The undersigned further certifies that the above information is accurate and that Brooks Kushman PC is authorized to act on behalf of Ford.
My contact information appears below.

Signed under penalty of perjury,
Brooks Kushman P.C.

Redwagon
11-16-2011, 11:27 AM
Wow, how long did you have your site up?

Gacknar
11-16-2011, 11:34 AM
Did they say precisely "what" copyrighted materials you where using?

Otherwise it's a form letter. Ford has been doing this for years. It was only a matter of time until they did this due to the sites name, I'm surprised it lasted this long.

Make sure you have nothing that actually is copyrighted by them (Original wiring diagrams, photos, ect) and move all the actual reference material over to RJMtech and that should keep them off your back.

As long as you have "Ford" in the sites URL they are going to be on you.

Fireguy50
11-16-2011, 12:03 PM
Wow, how long did you have your site up?
FordFuelInjection.com started April 2003
Did they say precisely "what" copyrighted materials you where using?

Otherwise it's a form letter. Ford has been doing this for years. It was only a matter of time until they did this due to the sites name, I'm surprised it lasted this long.

Make sure you have nothing that actually is copyrighted by them (Original wiring diagrams, photos, ect) and move all the actual reference material over to RJMtech and that should keep them off your back.

This was NOT for the domain name FordFuelInjection
It was targeted at the content on the web server

Gacknar
11-16-2011, 01:09 PM
It was targeted at the content on the web serverWhere they specific?

jopes
11-16-2011, 01:09 PM
Yea, I had already sent him e-mail via the above, but I hope the reference site is experiencing nothing more than a "blip".

I NEED http://fordfuelinjection.com!!

why do you need that site?

Anafiel
11-16-2011, 01:18 PM
why do you need that site?

For my own reference, and because I'm a regular poster over at http://www.ford-trucks.com/. I use the reference site to help newbie users understand their trucks. I try to give back what's been given to me, and http://fordfuelinjection.com is instrumental in me doing so.

GetBent4x4
11-16-2011, 02:29 PM

What gack is saying is the url made them more likely to target the website. Hell the domain itself is probably worth some money to them.

rehost the info under something like, "ryansfuelinjection.com"

Anafiel
11-16-2011, 02:40 PM
What gack is saying is the url made them more likely to target the website. Hell the domain itself is probably worth some money to them.

rehost the info under something like, "ryansfuelinjection.com"

Wow, the mind reels that Ford would have an issue with a site that promotes their product by offering info and solutions to common user issues.

Anyway, if fordfuelinjection has to be rehosted under another name (with careful attention to it's content), can you imagine the thousands of broken links on forums such as this one that have linked to info on that site? What a friggin mess that will be!

Anyway, at least now I know what's going on....

GetBent4x4
11-16-2011, 02:42 PM
I guess they want the general public to be clueless so they can't fix their vehicles and either scrap them to buy new or bring them to the dealer for work.

Fireguy50
11-16-2011, 02:45 PM
Where they specific?
Specific enough that I can tell Ford Racing (or somebody that works there) made the initial complaint. They didn't like manuals for current Ford Racing or obsolete Ford MotorSport products I was hosting. Then wanted a few other documents removed.

Anafiel
11-16-2011, 02:46 PM
Just a thought....move fordfuelinjection.com to another host, and change your DNS pointers. Make Ford work for this. Make them prove infringement. I think your host just chickened out on you...you need a more "robust" host.

Never give up, never give in!! Remember, we're built Ford Tuff!!

jopes
11-16-2011, 03:11 PM
Specific enough that I can tell Ford Racing (or somebody that works there) made the initial complaint. They didn't like manuals for current Ford Racing or obsolete Ford MotorSport products I was hosting. Then wanted a few other documents removed.

so I guess you just complied and removed said documents?

slw210
11-16-2011, 03:13 PM
You might want to read these.

FAST MUSTANG PARTS (http://www.fastmustangparts.com/pages.php/page/ford_motor_company_and_copyright)

BLACK MUSTANG CLUB (http://boingboing.net/2008/01/13/ford-car-owners-are.html)

MEDIA.FORD.COM (http://media.ford.com/article_display.cfm?article_id=27542)

Shane C.
11-16-2011, 05:20 PM
I think it sucks that they would bother to spend the time and money to force you to remove information that is helpful to users of their products and especially, products that they dont even support anymore. Hope this doesnt cause you too many problems with your site and business...

Kalashnikov
11-17-2011, 01:18 AM
This one thing that is said about this country...

Keep us updated and let us know when this is resolved.

BikerPepe`
11-17-2011, 02:54 AM
this blows ball-sack ryan. sorry to hear it... but, YOU MUST BE DOING SOMETHING RIGHT! :toothless

Not sure how you can resolve this. been out of the web game for years now. anything we can do to help... give us some specifics and we're on it.
I'm sure we could get a petition going or something? Damn corp. BS! Folks gotta know when they are shooting themselves in the foot.

79F150
11-17-2011, 08:22 AM
I am with Pepe Ryan it sucks because its not like your profiting from the material. Your putting out there as a service to help people troubleshoot there issues.

I have been trying to get permission to use some of Fords copy righted images to produce stickers and they basically told me if I want to do it I had to meet there standards. Hey fair enough! Don't want a crappy product I get that.

Dale,

Thank you for your interest in Ford Motor Company's licensing program. We are alreday well represented in the category requested (stickers/decals) by should, but should there be an opening in the future pleas keep in mind that there are a several minimum requirements to become a licensee and those include:
an established distribution channel
an agreement with at least one other licensor (GM, Chrysler, Disney, etc.)
the ability to sell at least $50,000 of wholesale sales annually of Ford licensed merchandise
an advance of $5,000 to Ford upon signature
insurance coverage of at least $3 Million to protect against liability claims
If you feel you can meet the requirements above, please request a Ford License Application for further consideration (branduse@ford.com).

Thanks again for your interest, and if you would like an official licensee to produce stickers for you, please contact Steve Hall at Acme (cc'd above).

John Nens
Ford Motor Company

79F150
11-17-2011, 08:23 AM
One of the stickers I made.

https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/-dOcOGf2qT3Y/Tr_amN2GuWI/AAAAAAAAJ6Q/oDoM78F4I0M/s912/2011-11-13_08-58-47_239.jpg

The bad part is compared to a lot of companies that just start producing company logos with out permission get away with it for a long time before they get a stop order. We now because I have tried to go about it the right way I basically for fit my one warning because I knew better and they have proof.

Gacknar
11-17-2011, 10:07 AM
Uhhh....

I dot get it Dale?
Why do you need a license from ford for that sticker?
Did they create it?

TheUnforgiven
11-17-2011, 10:08 AM
Uhhh....

I don't get it Dale?
Why do you need a license from ford for that sticker?
Did they create it?

x2

79F150
11-17-2011, 11:14 AM
I don't for that sticker. That is one I have made though.

https://lh4.googleusercontent.com/-lCIYq_4PHkQ/TsAlEYZWhFI/AAAAAAAAJ6s/i9FtRdIueos/s912/DSCN4254.JPG

I need it to make these..

http://www.supermotors.net/getfile/739371/fullsize/bronco.gif

http://www.supermotors.net/getfile/739373/fullsize/f150.jpg

Fireguy50
11-17-2011, 01:55 PM
so I guess you just complied and removed said documents?
yep
but, YOU MUST BE DOING SOMETHING RIGHT! :toothless
Absolutely! I can deduce several truths from this.
1) Ford Racing has employees that didnít have enough work to keep busy.
2) Ford Racing noticed my successes.
3) Ford Racing decided my successes were threatening them.
4) If I am a threat, I could be doing better than Ford Racing? :histerica :goodfinge
Not sure how you can resolve this. been out of the web game for years now. anything we can do to help... give us some specifics and we're on it.
I'm sure we could get a petition going or something? Damn corp. BS! Folks gotta know when they are shooting themselves in the foot.
Nothing anybody can do, they got mad that I had an archive of old obsolete manuals. I guess they want to play keep away, take their ball and go home.
I am with Pepe Ryan it sucks because its not like your profiting from the material. Your putting out there as a service to help people troubleshoot there issues.
Right, the archive of old obsolete manuals was for people trying to use the Ford Racing (Ford MotorSport) products second hand. Lots of this stuff is on eBay and in swap meets, and it doesnít look good for Ford when people canít get their used stuff to work.
The bad part is compared to a lot of companies that just start producing company logos with out permission get away with it for a long time before they get a stop order. We now because I have tried to go about it the right way I basically for fit my one warning because I knew better and they have proof.
Doing it the right way is best! :thumbup Iíve seen fly-by-night companies start out by producing illegal products owned by other companies. They get away with it for a while, and start producing original products, but they eventually get shut down. Which is sad for their original products, but the illegal copies forced them to shut down. This happens frequently on eBay.

79F150
11-17-2011, 02:20 PM
Doing it the right way is best! :thumbup .

Yeah I have never been the kind person to cheat or steal. It just goes against everything I have been taught.

I mean really I could cheat the system if I want to and make some slight scrip change and put some kind of name in front of the Bronco to make it seem like I referencing a horse instead of a product and the buyer could just clip the part off leaving the Bronco.

In the end of it who wants to deal with lawyers for a legal fight on anything. Its just no worth the trouble.:doh0715:

I will say it is fair game on my personal use stuff though!!!:toothless

end user
11-17-2011, 03:52 PM
Gimme the files or I can just grab them through archive.org and I'll host it offf shore. Its one thing if you are manufacturing/copying/selling parts as Ford parts but for them to shut down a site that helps people is BS. Maybe take any files that have Ford logos on them and remove them. Shit like this irritates me.

"Bronco" John Galt
11-17-2011, 03:55 PM
I think Gack is right. They only found you because you have Ford in your domain name. Just wanted to say thanks Ryan, for hosting those files in the first place. I've used your site as reference many times, as well as having bought merchandise from you. Gonna miss having the reference site for sure.

end user
11-17-2011, 04:02 PM
A lawyer working for Ford Motor Company just had my web hosting server shut down. They never contacted me directly, so I got the feeling this is barely legal. But my hosting company acted quickly to protect themselves without putting much thought into it. I know 99% of the content on my site was hosted on many other sites. First protect yourself if necessary, secondly if you have any advice that would disprove their claims let me know.
Here is part of that email:

DId they say which pages/articles/photos were infringing? Can we just re draw the diagrams, take photos of the parts if they were scanned from official Ford literature?

Another thing to do would be to grab the pages from Google cache, make a torrent and seed it. Cats out of the bag, thanks for shopping....

GetBent4x4
11-17-2011, 06:17 PM
torrents aren't good because they share your IP address. Better to upload it to a file sharing site maybe using a proxy server?

Anyway delete this thread now so nothing can be used as evidence.

Anafiel
11-17-2011, 07:21 PM
torrents aren't good because they share your IP address. Better to upload it to a file sharing site maybe using a proxy server?

Well, before this thread disappears, I also wanted to say "Thanks"! Good work, Ryan. Glad to see the site back up, even though it's a little slimmer.

end user
11-17-2011, 09:53 PM

I'm not too worried about that Ford can send me all the notices they want.

Traveler
11-18-2011, 12:58 PM
Ryan, where is your host located? Is it in the US?

I ask because if your web hosting service is located in a country that does not observe US laws they are not required to shut it down.
Understand what I am saying there?

Worst part is they have your name now, so you need someone else to "own" the domain name and server space.

Fireguy50
11-19-2011, 10:57 PM
Unfortunately Ford made another complaint and the web server closed fordfuelinjection.com again :cry
This really sounds fishy, what lawyers are working on Saturdays?

I'm waiting to be forwarded the new complaint.

mickaila
11-19-2011, 11:11 PM
and i had some plans for next THUR...

BikerPepe`
11-20-2011, 02:33 AM
rat bastages. hope that PM sent leads to something good.

from what I'm understanding here... taking down your site, they should be taking down every LMC posted catalog as well as hundreds if not thousands of other companies that provide reference materials for hard to find, out of date products.

79F150
11-20-2011, 07:20 AM
You maybe right Ryan it maybe a scam but the end result could be the same. There is a group the is going around an targeting people that have used or suspect the use of copy righted material.

What they is say you make a sticker that says "Bronco" they sue you for copy right infringement as a 3rd party type of thing and said business that owns the copy righted material takes the winnings and pays the 3rd party a %. It is a real douche bag set up and most of the time they looking for a quick settle out of court type arrangement.

Read about it here Clicky.. (http://www.tabberone.com/Trademarks/HallOfShame/CyberCops/ContinentalEnterprises/ContinentalEnterprises.shtml)

Fireguy50
11-20-2011, 03:18 PM
from what I'm understanding here... taking down your site, they should be taking down every LMC posted catalog as well as hundreds if not thousands of other companies that provide reference materials for hard to find, out of date products.
I feel the same way, I didn't steal anything, and I'm not publishing any secrets.

And of course when I ask questions to resolve this, they're not available until Monday.

end user
11-20-2011, 05:05 PM
Is it a DMCA notice? If so and you got nothing send them a counter notice and the host will put your site back up.

Yes let up know what it is they are after. I already downloaded the site a fiew days ago but to create a torrent I'd have to rename all the pages to html and change the links on the pages from ?p=1 etc... to 1.html etc...

Anafiel
11-20-2011, 07:08 PM
Is it a DMCA notice? If so and you got nothing send them a counter notice and the host will put your site back up.

Yes let up know what it is they are after. I already downloaded the site a fiew days ago but to create a torrent I'd have to rename all the pages to html and change the links on the pages from ?p=1 etc... to 1.html etc...

Oh, crap, I didn't think of that. I should of done the same....downloaded the complete site.

Hey, if you would like to share what you have, PLEASE PM me!

DISCLAIMER:
I am not associated with Ford or any branch of Law Enforcement, and have no interest in this matter other than preserving great info for my own use. :beer

BigWheelz
11-20-2011, 11:34 PM
I feel the same way, I didn't steal anything, and I'm not publishing any secrets.

And of course when I ask questions to resolve this, they're not available until Monday.

If it were me I would be tempted to change my name to Ford Lincoln Mercury.

You could say that you heard it in a crappy Kevin Costner movie and that you always liked the sound of it.:thumbup

CS79bronco
11-21-2011, 12:37 AM
If it were me I would be tempted to change my name to Ford Lincoln Mercury.

You could say that you heard it in a crappy Kevin Costner movie and that you always liked the sound of it.:thumbup

Change it to Edsel Lincoln Mercury Ford the First.

miesk5
11-21-2011, 11:08 AM
:thumbupGimme the files or I can just grab them through archive.org and I'll host it offf shore. Its one thing if you are manufacturing/copying/selling parts as Ford parts but for them to shut down a site that helps people is BS. Maybe take any files that have Ford logos on them and remove them. Shit like this irritates me.

yo,
we're in Tune end user!
archives.. did it already.. see my site
use internal Search for his name
They will have BOO-KOO sites to serve those da notices; incl the archives and prob Auto Zone, Jeff's, other parts sources... many magazines mand on-line mags.
The freakin List of THE COMPANIES that HAVE PROFITABLE SITES is ENORMOUS

Fireguy50
11-21-2011, 07:01 PM
I just spent 33 minutes on the phone with Brooks Kushman Law Firm. No yelling or threats, but it didnít go well. Their comments below were based on their knowledge of the Law and Fords standard copyright & trademark policies.

The first person I talked with just wanted to make sure the files were removed. She seemed very optimistic about resolving this and allowing the website to reopen.
But then her boss walked in and I was put on speaker phone, Iím assuming then entire phone call was recorded. I was accused of being a threat because Ford didnít know the websites intentions. I informed them it was a library to help people keep their old Ford drivable. I feel the library helps promote their brand by enabling people to play with their classic Ford vehicles. I was told Ford already had supply channels people could purchase repair manuals from. I responded that fuel injection was pioneered by Bosch in Germany, every manufacture is currently using fuel injection, and Ford could not claim all fuel injection documentation was they property to sell.

The lawyer said that now Ford didnít like the domain name fordfuelinjection and wanted to shut down no matter what. I told him my name is Ryan McCormick and I canít claim ownership of any website that contains my name just because I want it. Lawyer claimed Ford has owned their name for over 100 years and nobody is allowed to use it anywhere. I found a non related company called Ford Meter Box in Indiana.

The lawyer asked for my contact information, and said it was suspicious my whois data is private. I told them secure private whois is now standard on websites to protect owners from spam. Accusing me of hiding illegal activity behind a private whois was wrong.
I asked them who specifically they were representing at Ford? All they would say is they were asked to take on this matter for Ford. I told them it was very awkward they wanted my contact info, but wouldnít say who their client was.

They are going to relay my answers to the shadow people at Ford and get back with me.

Iím hopping public opinion helps Ford make a decision. In October fordfuelinjection.com had 1,384,440 million total hits from 50,303 unique visitors.

end user
11-21-2011, 07:12 PM
What a crock of shit. Now Ford does have to go after their trademark as they could lose it but to want to take the whole site down **** em.

I'm gonna put the site up on a non US controlled domain. I guess no one told the lawyer about the Streisand Effect yet...

I'll give you full credit and what ever links are needed to your other site.

I just spent 33 minutes on the phone with Brooks Kushman Law Firm. No yelling or threats, but it didnít go well. Their comments below were based on their knowledge of the Law and Fords standard copyright & trademark policies.

The first person I talked with just wanted to make sure the files were removed. She seemed very optimistic about resolving this and allowing the website to reopen.
But then her boss walked in and I was put on speaker phone, Iím assuming then entire phone call was recorded. I was accused of being a threat because Ford didnít know the websites intentions. I informed them it was a library to help people keep their old Ford drivable. I feel the library helps promote their brand by enabling people to play with their classic Ford vehicles. I was told Ford already had supply channels people could purchase repair manuals from. I responded that fuel injection was pioneered by Bosch in Germany, every manufacture is currently using fuel injection, and Ford could not claim all fuel injection documentation was they property to sell.

The lawyer said that now Ford didnít like the domain name fordfuelinjection and wanted to shut down no matter what. I told him my name is Ryan McCormick and I canít claim ownership of any website that contains my name just because I want it. Lawyer claimed Ford has owned their name for over 100 years and nobody is allowed to use it anywhere. I found a non related company called Ford Meter Box in Indiana.

The lawyer asked for my contact information, and said it was suspicious my whois data is private. I told them secure private whois is now standard on websites to protect owners from spam. Accusing me of hiding illegal activity behind a private whois was wrong.
I asked them who specifically they were representing at Ford? All they would say is they were asked to take on this matter for Ford. I told them it was very awkward they wanted my contact info, but wouldnít say who their client was.

They are going to relay my answers to the shadow people at Ford and get back with me.

Iím hopping public opinion helps Ford make a decision. In October fordfuelinjection.com had 1,384,440 million total hits from 50,303 unique visitors.

79F150
11-21-2011, 08:17 PM
Ryan remember www.superford.org??? Beter know as www.supermotors.com well we know who won the fight on that domain name.:doh0715:

Fireguy50
11-21-2011, 08:18 PM
I guess no one told the lawyer about the Streisand Effect yet...
I didn't know the official terminology, but I do now :histerica
Streisand effect wiki (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Streisand_effect)

79F150
11-21-2011, 08:22 PM
Smells like internet ambulance chasers..

http://www.legalnews.com/flintgenesee/617516

Anafiel
11-21-2011, 08:40 PM
Dude, retire fordfuelinjection right now, and have that domain blind forwarded to a domain name that wont SOOoooo offend Ford. As long as you maintain the exact same structure, all the links on forums like this one will still work, but will no longer offend the "bad guy".

end user
11-21-2011, 08:49 PM
Dude, retire fordfuelinjection right now, and have that domain blind forwarded to a domain name that wont SOOoooo offend Ford. As long as you maintain the exact same structure, all the links on forums like this one will still work, but will no longer offend the "bad guy".

Just redirect it to FordFuelInjectionSucks.com

And on the front page say This is how to fix the Sucky Ford Fuel Injection.

Usually the "So and so Sucks" websites are left alone.

Anafiel
11-22-2011, 01:53 AM
I see that ford has taken possession of your domain, Ryan.

Man, that sucks. I'm really sorry, and the loss will be felt in many areas. There are thousands of linkbacks to good information that now resolve to that shyster law firm. I hope ford motor company got what they wanted, right?

BikerPepe`
11-22-2011, 02:15 AM
Ideally... you change your domain officially to RJMInjectionTech.com (or whatever) and Ford pays you for the inconvenience. In a perfect world. :rolleyes:

GetBent4x4
11-22-2011, 04:07 AM

They are full of shit. I see they have their best man on the job, they don't even understand something basic as whois private data.

Traveler
11-22-2011, 09:23 AM
Ryan remember www.superford.org??? Beter know as www.supermotors.com well we know who won the fight on that domain name.:doh0715:

That happened to a bunch of sites. We talked about it on here actually. Ford was coming after their name.
Forddiesels.com changed to the diesel stop.
Didn't they go after the mustang name as well? and we questioned if they would come after the bronco name and ranger name?

Remove the name Ford from everything and put it up someplace else. The more attention you draw to yourself now will make it harder for you to start over.

Anafiel
11-22-2011, 09:50 AM
I wonder if there is any way to convince Ford to allow fordfuelinjection.com to resolve to a new domain. I just noticed that superford.org resolves to supermotors.com. This way you maintain all the old links, start publishing a new domain name without the inclusion of the Ford trademark, and Ford won't come out of this looking like such a nut sack.

miesk5
11-22-2011, 09:59 AM
yo,
SOS one the $$ hungry lawyers ger their sights on a $$ making target.

Ford is looking for more $ too; as they have recently transferred the formerly free Build Sheet Information (Ford 999 Report) Letter to Helms; Helms charges $17.00 for a "Basic" Sheet and $48.00 for a "Deluxe" sheet.
Helms is Ford's Official Publisher for Ford EVTMs, Owner Manuals, Wiring Diagrams, etc.

BUT Ford washed their hands of our Broncos back in early 96 from what I have seen, such as Lack of updates to:
TSBs to include 95/96 Bronco info
Wiring Diagram changes (due to errors or component changes on the assy line)
Work Shop Manual & EVTM/PCED updates

If it wasn't for Ryan, Seattle, Mikey, Steve, Fred, SigEp, Chris, Jem, Jeremy and many others, we didn't have a chance in many cases to repair our vehicles. Most recent Ford EVTM error was found in the 4WABS wiring diagrams by Mikey.

too bad for the former Ford customers... next vehicle will be an all electric something; home made

79F150
11-22-2011, 10:00 AM
Didn't they go after the mustang name as well? and we questioned if they would come after the bronco name and ranger name?

I think they went after http://www.therangerstation.com/ but I think they let it go for some reason. I maybe wrong but seems like TRS was having issues at one point.:doh0715:

79F150
11-22-2011, 10:08 AM
If it wasn't for Ryan, Seattle, Mikey, Steve, Fred, SigEp, Chris, Jem, Jeremy and many others, we didn't have a chance in many cases to repair our vehicles. Most recent Ford EVTM error was found in the 4WABS wiring diagrams by Mikey.

I have noticed a trend of people redrawing their own diagrams. Maybe this is to get away from copy rights but your right these people are doing their home work and putting it out to help people. Lets face it the population as a whole is getting greedy. People that was happy with a 10% profit went to a 30% and now even more. All this off the sweat off our backs.:doh0715:

I found this diagram the other day and saved it as I do many good diagrams I find.

https://lh6.googleusercontent.com/-CLNJPkokdDA/Tsu5xx2J0II/AAAAAAAAJ-o/T4VCNgWGI_U/s912/4363503256_c335cfb419_o.gif

miesk5
11-22-2011, 11:00 AM
[QUOTE=79F150;2753427]I have noticed a trend of people redrawing their own diagrams. Maybe this is to get away from copy rights but your right these people are doing their home work and putting it out to help people. Lets face it the population as a whole is getting greedy. People that was happy with a 10% profit went to a 30% and now even more. All this off the sweat off our backs.:doh0715:
I found this diagram the other day and saved it as I do many good diagrams I find.
QUOTE]

yo 79!
I'm w/you and others making-up their own diagrams and info; but these vulture-like lawyers (I won't title them as attorney, because I like to differentiate between the titles, the ones that do help the little people and those that will do anything for $) can and have caused us "little people" to get heart-burn, anxiety attacks, sleepless nights, & spend hard-earned and in many cases go into debt to defend themselves, their home, possesions and hobbies.

My daughter is in a firm that reps mostly fired Dept and Poilce/govt workers who are injured on the job and these folks go through hell to get proper medical care and/or inj comp pay. Her clients call her an Attorney; while the cities, states and Fed Govt are represnted by "lawyers".
Hers is a review of one insurance company and their Lawyer & his PIs who rep'ed them; "xxxx is cruel and heartless... I too have a surveillance vehicle parked outside my home that likes to follow me to my mother house, who is dying of cancer. They also forget to pay me as well. I am a police officer injured on duty, I put my life on the line everyday without hesitation only to be treated like this. I hope every person there is stricken with a horrible injury or life threatening disease, I hope everyone who works there rots in hell forever..."

Here is another example of a Ford cr/trademarks issue at Black Mustang Club;
Does Ford Own the Copyright in Your Photos?
by Carolyn E. W
"...According to the Black Mustang Club ["BMC"], the Ford Motor Company warned Cafe Press that the BMCís ďcalendar pics (and our clubís event logos Ė anything with one of our cars in it) infringes on Fordís trademarks which include the use of images of THEIR vehicles.Ē The founder/owner of the BMC website states that, ďFord claims that all the images, logos and designs OUR graphics team made for the BMC events using [the founder's car] are theirs as well.Ē The BMC therefore is not going to produce its annual calendar featuring membersí photos of their cars.
This has led some to report that Ford is claiming copyright in all photos of Mustangs. While the letter from Fordís attorneys is not available, Ford likely is claiming only that the calendar infringes or dilutes Fordís trademarks. Cafe Press may be reacting this way to avoid litigation. Nevertheless, this caused confusion about what rights Ford may have..."

read more @
http://www.photoattorney.com/?p=246

Traveler
11-22-2011, 11:28 AM
I think they went after http://www.therangerstation.com/ but I think they let it go for some reason. I maybe wrong but seems like TRS was having issues at one point.:doh0715:

I was thinking the same thing, but the only thing I remember happening was the owner of TRS did not pay his hosting bill so the hosting company took over operation of the website and would not give it back to him, or some crap like that.
The hosting company was also located over seas. Either way they are a corporation with corp lawyers so I would bet they could have hashed something out pretty easily if they were approached.

Anafiel
11-22-2011, 11:41 AM
Please, let me ask this. At some point, if a way is found to re-offer the information, please please update this thread. Be it a new domain name, off shore hosting, or peer to peer, keep us posted of it's availability.

If anybody had a scrape of this site, I would like a copy for my own use. PM me, please.

I don't know what can be done to resolves this issue, but I want to be advised of whatever fix you guys come up with.

Thanks!

miesk5
11-22-2011, 11:56 AM
Please, let me ask this. At some point, if a way is found to re-offer the information, please please update this thread. Be it a new domain name, off shore hosting, or peer to peer, keep us posted of it's availability.

If anybody had a scrape of this site, I would like a copy for my own use. PM me, please.

I don't know what can be done to resolves this issue, but I want to be advised of whatever fix you guys come up with.

Thanks!

yo Anafiel,
PM sent
:thumbup

Fireguy50
11-22-2011, 12:50 PM
Please, let me ask this. At some point, if a way is found to re-offer the information, please please update this thread. Be it a new domain name, keep us posted of it's availability.
The new site will be wikifuelinjection.com but it's not even close to ready

Cobra Jet
11-22-2011, 01:44 PM
First of all I think it's BS that Ford (and it's Lawyers) are wasting time going after ANY website (forum) that uses the name "Ford" or any one of their product lines, documents, etc.

It's not like the info being used is "proprietary" OR trade secrets - it's public knowledge and from print that is pretty much for PUBLIC use.

If anything, these auto forums AND info/tech forums that tout the Ford name and any of their product line is KEEPING CONSUMERS COMING BACK TO FORD and also buying Ford related products/parts.

I also thought it was ok to use a manufactuer's documents on a website/forum IF the document has been clearly noted as being copyrighted by "X" - AND as long as the site has a disclaimer stating that the site is in no way affiliated with "Brand X", legal mumbo jumbo, etc etc etc.

I think it's terrible that Ford went after f f inj . com after all these years - as it was (and always will be) the most informative tech related database any Ford Enthusiast could utilize with the click of a button. I can't even tell you how many times I also gave out the link to help so many others...

I wish you the best in getting everything up online again - it's a valuable resource!!

:rockon

Anafiel
11-22-2011, 01:50 PM

Any possibility of getting Ford to allow a blind forward from the old domain to this new one? Hate to see all the broken links in these many forums that have referenced information on your old site.

Maybe Ford will give an inch here??

Gacknar
11-22-2011, 02:11 PM
Told ya it was the domain name.

Please host the EEC-IV KOEO test and code definitions as they appeared on FFI at RJMtech. That's 75% of what I used the site for. The rest was for references to testing the sensors and actuators. That would be nice to have there also.

Wkifuelinjection can re-host that and everything else.

Or is it a matter of you not wanting this anywhere near your business?

Is there someone at Ford we can wright to about this?

BikerPepe`
11-22-2011, 02:44 PM
I'd like to know where this ownership deal starts and ends. The vehicles are theirs, but once they have sold them to a private owner and a private owner starts listing information about the rig he/she legally purchased and owns... how can they infringe on our personal right to post information about our vehicles (ie: pics and "fix it" info).

I've bought all my rigs used. Never signed any sort of copyright agreements or anything, but by title... I am the legal owner now. How far can this go before it takes a great site like FSB (and many others mentioned and not) and runs it into the ground.

JohnMcD348
11-23-2011, 05:45 AM
I was thinking along those same lines also. But I think where it comes into play is the difference between ownership and retailer. If we, the owner of an item by a manufacturer post information about it, that's one thing but, if We were in business of selling items made by that company or made for use on item made by that company then they look at it as representing them and not the independent retailer.

If I purchased and owned the items on his website but was not selling them and had a website that showed the build of my vehicle and all the specs therein, that's one thing. If I showed the specs of it all and offered to sell those same items to others, that another thing entirely. Kind of like the disclaimers they always have on televised sporting events about the use and copyright for other purposes etc.

79F150
11-23-2011, 06:39 AM
Why do I feel like de-badging my vehicles now..:doh0715:

BikerPepe`
11-23-2011, 06:41 AM
been doing that with my hogs since my first wreck. :brownbag

miesk5
11-23-2011, 06:58 AM

yo Ryan
When you insert Your EEC IV Self Test Instructions, please keep the KOEO & KOER sections together or if you need to seperate them due to Page size limitations, post the Hot Link to the KOER section & No Codes article.
Too many didn't know there was the KOER and No Codes articles, so they just did da KOEO.

inteva6184
11-23-2011, 10:06 AM
Ugh someone sent me that site for some info on my knock sensor I looked it over looked like good info. So I just broke my knock sensor so I went back to get some more info and it wasnt there. Bahhhhhhhhhh

jas88
11-23-2011, 10:06 AM
I am not a lawyer but I have been involved in a case that involved "waiver". Ford may not give a crap about fordfuelinjection.com, but if they let it go, and later they feel they need to take down a site with their name in it for good reason, they may not be able to because they let fordfuelinjection.com or forddiesel.com or whatever slide. This is called "waiver". You have to protect ALL of your rights or else you cannot later protect ANY of them. That's just the way the law is.

Anafiel
11-23-2011, 10:54 AM
I am not a lawyer but I have been involved in a case that involved "waiver". Ford may not give a crap about fordfuelinjection.com, but if they let it go, and later they feel they need to take down a site with their name in it for good reason, they may not be able to because they let fordfuelinjection.com or forddiesel.com or whatever slide. This is called "waiver". You have to protect ALL of your rights or else you cannot later protect ANY of them. That's just the way the law is.

Dudes....

I don't, even for just a moment, want to entertain the implications of a policy like that. Too many of these enthusiast forums would go away if that was truly the case.

Maybe we need to kill this thread before we give 'em any more ideas??? :banghead

Fireguy50
11-23-2011, 01:43 PM
Any possibility of getting Ford to allow a blind forward from the old domain to this new one? Hate to see all the broken links in these many forums that have referenced information on your old site.
Probabbly, but not sure how to set that up on he DNS settings :shrug

Anafiel
11-23-2011, 02:11 PM
Probabbly, but not sure how to set that up on he DNS settings :shrug

I'm not sure exactly how to do it, but it's called a masked (or blind) forward. You might have to enlist the help of your hosting service. This will resolve all the old links to your new domain, and rewrite the address bar to reflect the new domain name.

Ford *shouldn't* have a problem with that, I would hope.

Traveler
11-23-2011, 03:01 PM
The easy way to do it is a rewrite.

If your directory structure is exactly the same then add this to your .htaccess file.

RewriteEngine on

RewriteBase /

RewriteCond %{HTTP_HOST} !^www\.fordfuelinjection\.com
RewriteRule (.*)$ http://www.wikifuelinjection.com/$1 [L,R=301]

If the link it not valid it will send them to your home page.

Problem is, Fordfuelinjection.com still has to have the same DNS associated to the name as wikifuelinjection.com

so if you are not allowed to keep the name fordfuelinjection.com registered then the links are all dead anyway.

end user
11-23-2011, 03:30 PM
Just keep fordfuelinjection.com and put a "Ford Fuel Injection Sucks|" page. Leave a link below it to the new site.

BRONCONUT
11-24-2011, 09:39 AM
Why do I feel like de-badging my vehicles now..:doh0715:

I feel ya brother :thumbup I cant beleive they are being like this, you would think they would be flattered to have a fan base that enjoys driving and wrenching.

miesk5
11-24-2011, 09:51 AM
Ugh someone sent me that site for some info on my knock sensor I looked it over looked like good info. So I just broke my knock sensor so I went back to get some more info and it wasnt there. Bahhhhhhhhhh

yo See da KS section in my site @ http://www.broncolinks.com/index.php?index=836
A hint; look at Source: by R
Slow to Load since I retrieved....

also see: Testing & Diagnostic Trouble Codes (DTC), Chapter 12, from Ford Fuel Injection and Electronic Engine Control: How to Understand, Service and Modify, 1988-1993
Source: by Charles O. Probst http://www.yunost.ru/docs/Ford-injectors-book/Part12/Part12-1/Part12-1.pdf
Page 293

Ford Fuel Injection and Electronic Engine Control: How to Understand, Service and Modify, 1988-1993; Scroll Down on First Page, Click on each Section, then on next page, click on the pdf file; the complete book is over 85MB pdf and can be downloaded @ http://www.yunost.ru/docs/Ford-injectors-book/Book.pdf
Source: by Charles O. Probst via yunost.ru

GL!

===

Have a Great Thanksgiving Friends!

inteva6184
11-24-2011, 11:12 AM
I saw your response in my other post. Thanks

miesk5
11-24-2011, 11:37 AM
I saw your response in my other post. Thanks

yo I,
ok... GL!

Swat
11-24-2011, 11:52 AM
Props to you Ryan for all you have saved me, supporting my interest in Ford, with the knowledge and site you put together!!!!!

I believe this will cost Ford in dollars and brand loyalty.

I am really pissed-off at this! :goodfinge FORD

They are bastards to take down a DIY site that support their brand!

Try to get your old Ford worked on at a Ford Dealership. Few Techs know how to work on our stuff anymore.

I didn't read the whole thread, need to get on the Thanksgiving Day stuff. Happy Thanksgiving All.

Has any one started a legal fund I could contribute too for Ryan? I mean his site has saved us all cash and I want to help fight for it!

Ryan, need a legal fund or will this blow-over relatively inexpensively?

snookgetter
11-24-2011, 12:44 PM
I feel ya brother :thumbup I cant beleive they are being like this, you would think they would be flattered to have a fan base that enjoys driving and wrenching.

Us working on 15+yr old vechicles isnt making them 30k for buying a new one. Simple math

subford
11-25-2011, 04:22 PM
How did the guy that had fordcds.com come out when Ford sued him and shut him down?
He was giving away free Ford Shop manuals & wiring diagrams on CDs.

Ref:
http://www.fullsizebronco.com/forum/archive/index.php/t-57808.html

/

miesk5
11-25-2011, 05:00 PM
How did the guy that had fordcds.com come out when Ford sued him and shut him down?
He was giving away free Ford Shop manuals & wiring diagrams on CDs.
/

yo,
Jon Heese set-up that site; he was so popular in many Forums & User Groups that many contributed to a defense fund.
Here is his old Site w/hot link to his blog (http://jonheese.com/)
http://blog.jonheese.com/
One comment that Jon made (he said that he would not talk about the case it in public) ; "...The support I've gotten from
this list has been great, and I'm glad that you all were able to help me
shoulder some of the cost involved in this case. Knowing how many
people were helped by the information on the site, if I had it all to do
over again, I'd still do it the same..."

read more here (http://autos.groups.yahoo.com/group/v6sho/message/5467)

Shane C.
11-25-2011, 05:23 PM
Ryan,

Is there anything the FSB community can do to help you with this? A petition, or a legal fund donation or?? I get Ford protecting their name, but you arent doing any harm to it. Infact, you are helping the Ford name. These greazball lawyers dont care, they just want to cash a a check... Maybe we can email them or a contact at Ford or?? and testify to the value of the site...

GetBent4x4
11-25-2011, 06:19 PM
If you want to help Ryan go here.

http://www.fullsizebronco.com/forum/showthread.php?t=201833

Shane C.
11-25-2011, 06:30 PM

Already did that. Dropped some loot for an alt and other stuff for the 78.

Fireguy50
11-25-2011, 09:30 PM
Is there anything the FSB community can do to help you with this? A petition, or a legal fund donation or?
Right now, just talk about it on other forums for now.
Donations could be part of the wikifuelinjection.com, it may become a non-profit organization.
Maybe we can email them or a contact at Ford or?? and testify to the value of the site.
It might help, but PLEASE make sure its calm, polite, and reasonable. Threats and vulgar language will only cause more problems!
Thanks, but not exactly what I'm looking for at this time. This needs to be clear that fordfuelinjection.com tech library was not a for profit organization, and I'm researching how to make sure the new site is legal and protected for the future.

Anafiel
11-26-2011, 12:26 AM
Ryan, for the time being, you might want to modify your signature.

The guys at FTE are aware of this thread, so you have some great support over there. I'll mention your suggestions to them.

http://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/1117286-what-happened-to-fordfuelinjection-com.html

BikerPepe`
11-26-2011, 12:58 AM
yes, let's not make any waves on this guys. as pissed off as we are about it.... the legal angles sometimes can't be overlooked and I'm buying the story about protecting all or nothing, these days.
I'm sure Ryan can work this out with a few good contacts and hopefully get re-setup in a way that will make everyone at Ford happy and keep us truckin'.

You know those guys can't be happy to piss off us old supporters. We feed the next gens and keep the enthusiasm alive.
Ryan... you know we are here if we can be of any help... but as mentioned, we can also sit back and support you here until our voices need to be heard. ;)

Cobra Jet
11-28-2011, 01:07 PM
you think this is ridiculous at what Ford is doing to fordfuelinjection - not to get off base for the cause here, but, on your free time, check out this article of what Chic Fil A is doing to a small business guy who's business and himself has NOTHING to do w/ Chic Fil A, but is getting cease & desist letters from their Lawyers AND they are trying to take away his website:

http://finance.yahoo.com/news/vt-artist-ill-fight-chick-141222247.html

miesk5
11-28-2011, 01:15 PM
yo,
This goes back to the early Disney ays, BEFORE Uncle Walt ever said or wrote the name of Mickey Mouse! Mom's uncle built a tavern in a rural area on a lake around here and called it the "Mouse Tavern" in 1916. He was sued by Unck Walt's creep attorneys in 60's for Trade Mark/ copyright infridgement BS.... Prob was that uncl never copyrighted the Name of the tavern (as if anyone did for a small busimess back in those days), nor was it listed at that name on title, deed, mortgage, any fone books, etc exc for just the small sign on the front door.

JKossarides
11-28-2011, 03:09 PM
Wow I'm really disappointed to hear about this Ryan and especially coming from Ford, I've been a Ford guy all my life and this is chickenshite!....keep the faith and hopefully it will work out the best way for you.

Is there a petition we can all email, inundating Ford regarding this and how much we disapprove of why their doing it as a loyal Ford fan base OR we could start an anonymous You Tube boycotting buying new Ford cars...let it go viril....:rofl:

Good Luck Brother!

Fireguy50
11-28-2011, 03:12 PM
XrwZORNA-k0

mda
11-28-2011, 03:56 PM
I noticed in another post that someone said they grabbed your domain. Review this link and make sure they followed the ICANN procedures properly. Seems like the time your site went off line to the time of that comment in this thread was a bit short to have been processed properly.

http://www.icann.org/en/udrp/udrp.htm

In the end you may not have any choice but I'd be damn sure to make them follow the all proper procedures.

Good luck,

Mike

Anafiel
11-28-2011, 05:21 PM
I noticed in another post that someone said they grabbed your domain. Review this link and make sure they followed the ICANN procedures properly. Seems like the time your site went off line to the time of that comment in this thread was a bit short to have been processed properly.

http://www.icann.org/en/udrp/udrp.htm

In the end you may not have any choice but I'd be damn sure to make them follow the all proper procedures.

Good luck,

Mike

Oh, man!! If you can regain control of your domain name under these rules, that would give time for us to scrape your site in it's entirety. Your ISP / Host seems to be out of line on this issue.

Force the issue if you feel so inclined to. It would be helpful to a lot of us, and also to make a point that "the man" can't act like this. Rules are rules, right?
:twak

Fireguy50
11-28-2011, 09:53 PM
The easy way to do it is a rewrite.

If your directory structure is exactly the same then add this to your .htaccess file.

RewriteEngine on

RewriteBase /

RewriteCond %{HTTP_HOST} !^www\.fordfuelinjection\.com
RewriteRule (.*)$ http://www.wikifuelinjection.com/$1 [L,R=301]

If the link it not valid it will send them to your home page.

Problem is, Fordfuelinjection.com still has to have the same DNS associated to the name as wikifuelinjection.com

so if you are not allowed to keep the name fordfuelinjection.com registered then the links are all dead anyway.
This will make all the links & images people post on the web work again?

What would happen if I pointed the fordfuelinjection.com Domain Name to an IP address with the same structure but a different Domain Name?

Traveler
11-28-2011, 10:23 PM
You would still have to use a rewrite code.
Because the links on the internet are to specific places like for example, I don't know your structures but making one up lets use, fordfuelinjection.com/efi/troubleshooting/index.htm
That of course would be a direct link to a page of troubleshooting procedures not the homepage.
If you take Fordfuelinjection.com and forward it to a new domain all the links will be dead. People looking for fordfuelinjection.com will find the new site, but people following a link such as fordfuelinjection.com/efi/troubleshooting/index.htm will come back to page not found.
Even if you don't care that all the old links just go to the new main page of the new site, you still need to add code in your .htaccess file, or on your domain to not only take Fordfuelinjection.com and forward it, but also forward fordfuelinjection.com/efi/troubleshooting/index.htm and forward it to the new homepage as well as any other fordfuelinjection.com/ links.

It is a lot easier than it sounds. Google "playing with .htaccess" you can just about copy and paste the type of code you are looking for.
At fourdoorbronco.com we have had to do this quite a few times through server changes and board software changes over the years. I haven't checked for awhile but even the oldest links from our original board should still take you to at least the homepage and that is at least a place for them to start looking for the info again.

I honestly believe the simplest option would be just adding the rewrite option. Take fordfuelinjection.com and direct it to your new homepage.
It can be hosted on the same server as your new site, it is not something that will ever appear in an address bar except when people type it. As soon as they hit enter it will be re written to the new site.
On your new site you will probably have to add the same code and an .htaccess file in each directory to keep the links from kicking people back out to a page not found warning.

I am sorry I have probably completely confused you.
It can be frustrating but it is worth it. Yes it will make all of your links all over the internet work again.

The rewrite engine takes our example fordfuelinjection.com/efi/troubleshooting/index.htm, and on your server it will turn it into wikifuelinjection.com/efi/troubleshooting/index.htm

As long as your directory tree is exactly the same, with the same file names except for the fordfuelinjection.com yes every link will take them to the same page they expecting and are used to looking for the past few years.

"Bronco" John Galt
11-28-2011, 10:34 PM
If he points the old domain name to the new domain, won't that just allow the lawyers to shut down his new site (since for the links to be of any relevance, the copyrighted material would have to be posted on there?)?

I would think it would be better to have the FFI.com site point to one of the guys willing to host it out of the US, and for Ryan to cut ties with it (that way, all forum links work, but Ryan isn't attracting attention to himself). If wikifuelinjection has the copyrighted material on it, Ford will never find it without it having the Ford name in the domain name, unless they are made aware of it by the old name pointing to it...

Make sense?

Traveler
11-28-2011, 10:34 PM
edeiber@gmail.com you can email me there if you want to work on this more. Either the wife or I am always watching and would be happy to help anyway we can.
There is probably stuff you don't want to post on the open board when we start talking file structures.

Traveler
11-28-2011, 10:39 PM
If he points the old domain name to the new domain, won't that just allow the lawyers to shut down his new site (since for the links to be of any relevance, the copyrighted material would have to be posted on there?)?

I would think it would be better to have the FFI.com site point to one of the guys willing to host it out of the US, and for Ryan to cut ties with it (that way, all forum links work, but Ryan isn't attracting attention to himself). If wikifuelinjection has the copyrighted material on it, Ford will never find it without it having the Ford name in the domain name, unless they are made aware of it by the old name pointing to it...

Make sense?

I think Ford would let it go as there name will not be on the web address. From today forward the old name will not be used in links and will slowly disappear.

The content Ford wants removed can be re installed in a year or so when all this blows over.

Fireguy50
11-29-2011, 03:34 AM
you can email me there if you want to work on this more.
you have mail :beer

GetBent4x4
11-29-2011, 02:40 PM
I learned awhile ago, the best way to stick it to someone is to not tell them what you're doing.

Posting your ideas on a public forum, that is achieved on search engines, is not a good idea.

JKossarides
11-29-2011, 03:15 PM
It ain't over til the "Fat Ford Lady" sings...lol lol....:rofl:.....keep going Brother hopefully there is way to defeat those BASTURDS....:histerica...lol lol

Good Luck ~ :rockon

end user
11-29-2011, 03:40 PM
I just finished converting the site to html pages. Tested it out and all page links and file links are working. Just uploading it up right now to my server its 80MB+ will take a few min.

end user
11-29-2011, 04:08 PM
Here's the site http://www.fordfuelinjection.info Yah its a lovely name and I still have to put a big ass disclaimer on it and a nice FU to ford? I'm pretty sure I got all the tiles but there were two files (I think) missing and even archive doesn't have those.

From http://www.fordfuelinjection.info/index20.html Superchips Custom Tuning EEC-V notes which is suppose to link to files/SCT_notes.txt

If anyone wants ti I can zip it all up and it'll work locally on your computer, maybe convert it to PDF but that would be pretty big.

stormfinder
11-29-2011, 04:11 PM
End user, doing the same, used HTTrack to DL the whole site from wayback machine.

Should be reuped within the hour

multiple rehostings is how youtube videos are kept. not to mention, my host is in Korea

end user
11-29-2011, 04:22 PM
End user, doing the same, used HTTrack to DL the whole site from wayback machine.

multiple rehostings is how youtube videos are kept. not to mention, my host is in Korea

I managed to get the site when the notice went up. I don't think my dns changed yet so www.ford.... was showing the notice while ford... with out www was still available. I just used wget -r ford... and it just grabbed it all.

I just zipped (rar) the site and will post a link to it shortly. Its 92.4MB so taking a while to upload.

Heh might as well start a torrent.

end user
11-29-2011, 04:39 PM
The compressed site can be downloaded here http://www.fordfuelinjection.info/fordfuelinjection.com.rar

Anafiel
11-29-2011, 05:42 PM

How the heck did you get HTTrack to work with wayback? Even the developers say it wont work there...:doh0715:

HTTrack was the first thing I tried, days ago, when all this started. Care to share your settings?

:beer

"Bronco" John Galt
11-29-2011, 08:05 PM
HA!! This is great. Nice job, guys. Eff the ambulance chasing d-bags...

Anafiel
11-29-2011, 10:50 PM
Thank you, thank you, thank you!!!!

You rock, end user. I have my copy safely tucked away.

end user
11-29-2011, 11:09 PM
Thank you, thank you, thank you!!!!

You rock, end user. I have my copy safely tucked away.

That was a few hours doing search and replace using BlueFish text editor. It was that bad but just tedious. I understand that Ford has to be actively protecting their trademarks or lose them but they're still dbags for going it, they could at least let sites like fordfuelinjection.com sign a contract to be able to use ford in the name with a clause saying ford doesn't endorse the site or something to that extent...

Someone tried to give back a lot of knowledge for free to help out people just to be shut down but some bs lawyer.

Suggestion to Fireguy. I'd set the new website up using something like Drupal and set up clean urls and url aliases/path auto (automatic path generation from page title) so the site could be mirrored much more easily. Its pretty easy to do and I can help you out if you want. If you have something like site.com/page=?1 its too much work to grab a snap shot of the site since site link wont work on the mirrored server, it be much better and for SEO to have site.com/egr-valves.html this way when someone grabs the site the links will work even with local copies.

BikerPepe`
11-30-2011, 01:07 AM
you guys need to take this stuff off the open site before we have to shut it down.
you know we're all behind you guys, but like everyone else now...

we have corporate overlords to answer too and if we get in trouble... then we ALL LOSE.
cover your (our) asses guys... I've seen smoother moves come out of a block factory.

we can kill this thread, bury it... so to speak, but I'd rather not. I'll leave that to the man who matters on this... Ryan.
say the word and it's gone. otherwise... friendly warning.

end user
11-30-2011, 02:09 AM
you guys need to take this stuff off the open site before we have to shut it down.
you know we're all behind you guys, but like everyone else now...

we have corporate overlords to answer too and if we get in trouble... then we ALL LOSE.
cover your (our) asses guys... I've seen smoother moves come out of a block factory.

we can kill this thread, bury it... so to speak, but I'd rather not. I'll leave that to the man who matters on this... Ryan.
say the word and it's gone. otherwise... friendly warning.

Love my Bronco but **** Ford, I care as much for Ford like they cared enough to put in vent lovers that break when you touch them. Everyone in my truck has fallen apart since I bought it 6 months ago. Who the hell designs shit like this, oh and they can come and lick me for the ****ed phasers in the motor.

Fireguy50
12-01-2011, 01:26 AM
We should be legal now, the tech library is back now, it's a temporary solution to get everything working again.
A few more bugs to fix the hotlinked images posted everywhere.
The wiki will take some time to setup.

Americandan
12-01-2011, 06:07 PM
might be too late but here's 2 links that might help:

1st this... kinda sounds familiar:
https://www.eff.org/sites/default/files/eckhart_cease_desist_demand_redacted.pdf

2nd is one great rebuttal but I'm not sure if it completely applies to your case:
https://www.eff.org/sites/default/files/eckhart_c%26d_response.pdf

good luck!

Jasonhughes2009
12-02-2011, 01:21 AM
Ryan, you sir are one hell of a man. Glad to see that you are still able to run your site and continue to provide us all with a wealth of useful knowledge that I'm pretty sure all of us have used at one point or another. I really didn't realize how much I used your site until it went down. Thank the Lord broncolinks didn't go down or I'd have really been screwed.

Congrats on being Legal again :cheers

BikerPepe`
12-02-2011, 01:51 AM
RYAN/FIREGUY50/RJM INJECTION TECH. I don't care what you call yourself bud... YOU ARE THE MAN! :rockon

your efforts are, as always... greatly appreciated. :beer

miesk5
12-02-2011, 11:16 AM
We should be legal now, the tech library is back now, it's a temporary solution to get everything working again.
A few more bugs to fix the hotlinked images posted everywhere.
The wiki will take some time to setup.

yo FG!
Good!
How about including the KOER portion in the How to run a Self-Test (http://oldfuelinjection.com/?p=13)? Or at least a Hot Link to it?

btw, this is the 45th time I've mentioned this here in past few years.. I'm not ragging on you, but I have seen so many just do the KOEO.

Fireguy50
12-02-2011, 11:26 AM
Congrats on being Legal again :cheers

Still a lot of work ahead to get non-profit status and the new wiki software running.

miesk5
12-02-2011, 11:46 AM
yo Ryan,
I know how it is; I have been editing my site since your situation developed; I have 25,000 Hot Links in it and am editinging it and will help you.
Be well!

Fireguy50
12-23-2011, 02:54 PM
Thank you for all your support during our transition. For the last 9 years the fuel injection technical library was run out of my basement and I paid all the bills. The technical library is now a separate legal organization, (the IRS non-profit application is pending approval). Our mission; to educate by providing access to modern automotive information for people to understand, maintain, and repair vehicles. If you feel compelled to help the new organization you can mail donations to the address below, or use PayPal.

https://sites.google.com/site/univexinstitute/_/rsrc/1325094255256/config/customLogo.gif?revision=1
UNIVEX Automotive Institute (http://univexinstitute.org/)
3105 S Martin Luther King Jr Blvd #179
Lansing, MI 48910
info@univexinstitute.org

UNIVEX (http://univexinstitute.org/) is in charge of…
The old fordfuelinjection.com (http://fordfuelinjection.com) domain name (that website probably won’t come back)
The temporary oldfuelinjection.com (http://oldfuelinjection.com) website (until the wiki site below is up)
The future wikifuelinjection.org (http://wikifuelinjection.org) website (content will be controlled by the public)

Ryan McCormick