E4OD will only go into 1st and 2nd gear help ASAP [Archive] - FSB Forums

: E4OD will only go into 1st and 2nd gear help ASAP

AndyBronco
06-11-2005, 11:41 PM
Well heres the story i was stuck in a mud hole gave it a little gas noticed the RPMS go to like 3000 before it went anywhere and thought nothing of it at the time. well on the wayback from the cliffs my truck wont shift out of second. first and second gear work fine. when i let off the gas it feels like it shifts into neutral. and ideas whats causing the problem? i need the rest of the gears to work by monday so i can go to work.

Ogeechee 4x4
06-11-2005, 11:47 PM
did you check the fluid level? Even 1/2 qt. will make a difference in how an auto tranny shifts...

ToddACimer
06-11-2005, 11:49 PM
Your truck got owned... and I got pics to prove it. Yet another awesome wheeling day

AndyBronco
06-11-2005, 11:51 PM
did you check the fluid level? Even 1/2 qt. will make a difference in how an auto tranny shifts...
ya I did it was low after i left filled it back up and it still does it. Im gonna try some transtune from seafoam and get it flushed on monday. I just hope this isnt a bigger problem

ToddACimer
06-12-2005, 12:18 AM
I think you lost your tranny minutes before this pic was taken
http://www.fordtruckworld.com/gallery/86RangerSTX/571408.jpg

FYI the water is following his ass out the door and here's why
http://www.fordtruckworld.com/gallery/86RangerSTX/571405.jpg

84x4bronco
06-12-2005, 09:10 PM
transmission shift modulator? or are thos eonly and C4's and such.... :shrug

ToddACimer
06-13-2005, 10:40 PM
help?

stangmata
08-21-2005, 07:47 PM
What was the cerdict with this? I have the same problem after a mudhole. I think it might be the intermediate band or the solenoid pack. Not sure.

Bronco_In_Ny
08-22-2005, 12:21 AM
OK try and check the Harness on the Passengers side, thats the Harness that controls shifting, if its not sealed well and you get water in there its going to cause Probs. I had this happen to me after some Deep mud holes and after cleaning out the harness and using Electric grease it went away. Question, Is your OD light blinking when it Happens? If so pull your Wiring harness off your Computer and look for water inside of there. I think but might be wrong but the grounding plugs are on the far left of the harness and Pin number 49 (I think controls your Converter lockup) I was having some big probs with mine Dropping out of 3rd and Over Drive and thats what it was a Bad Wire in the Harness. Hope it Helps :thumbup Ohh and I've found it wise to add Electric grease to any and all harness plugs.

Hey Stang I lived in Lima Ny for abit and was a member of Team Mud Nuts, if your not a member you might want to look them Up :beer if you want I can give you there website, they meet at Gander Mt each Month.

stangmata
08-22-2005, 09:49 AM
OK try and check the Harness on the Passengers side, thats the Harness that controls shifting, if its not sealed well and you get water in there its going to cause Probs. I had this happen to me after some Deep mud holes and after cleaning out the harness and using Electric grease it went away.

I checked it out and it looks good from what I can tell. Not even any dirt in there.

Question, Is your OD light blinking when it Happens?

Nope.

Hey Stang I lived in Lima Ny for abit and was a member of Team Mud Nuts, if your not a member you might want to look them Up :beer if you want I can give you there website, they meet at Gander Mt each Month.

I've checked them out and met up with them at Gander before. I post once in a while, but wasn't real impressed with the group of people. Thanks though. :beer

sprky
08-22-2005, 11:32 AM
i had the same prob after i sucked water in it. the solinoid pack was bad. i drove it for a little while and it started working again. but i changed the trans out not long after that

stangmata
08-22-2005, 11:50 AM
i had the same prob after i sucked water in it. the solinoid pack was bad. i drove it for a little while and it started working again. but i changed the trans out not long after that

I drove mine 300 miles to no avail. :doh0715: